Reactions:

Civilization 5

Post by nick »

Anyone play?
RanDawg
Reactions:

Re: Civilization 5

Post by RanDawg »

I played 4 back in the day. Haven't tried 5 yet.

any good?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

not sure the last one i played.

but i get addicted to this game like once every 2 years for about a week then i never touch it again.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

DRiccio21 wrote:not sure the last one i played.

but i get addicted to this game like once every 2 years for about a week then i never touch it again.
Same.

I feel like the turn based system when the map gets revealed later in the game takes too damn long.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i just build up a poor army and then attack and get slaughtered. rinse and repeat.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

we should have a 3 person civ game sometime lol
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

Havent played the civ games yet. I will one day probably.

This is the best game like this ive played though - Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire PC Version. I usually find myself playing it once every 2-3 years when I have a solid 3 day weekend (I tell the mrs that "I'll be unifying China this weekend" and she knows whats up :geek: ). Been playing it since 1997 and it hasnt gotten old yet. It's also not crazy intricate and complicated so it plays pretty smoothly and quickly once you're going.

ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Wow, that is really old school.

I know it's more complicated, but there is a remastered version of AOE2 on Steam... well worth it when it's on sale.

Also, if you want a real sleeper game, that imo is better than Civ/AOE, look up Cossacks. It has 2-3 expansions and you can get the entire set bundled.

... and when I googled to give you a link... I just absolutely made my own day!!!!

http://www.cossacks3.com/
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

been trying to play Civ lately but dont have 4-6 hrs to invest in this shit.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

ReignOnU wrote:Wow, that is really old school.

I know it's more complicated, but there is a remastered version of AOE2 on Steam... well worth it when it's on sale.

Also, if you want a real sleeper game, that imo is better than Civ/AOE, look up Cossacks. It has 2-3 expansions and you can get the entire set bundled.

... and when I googled to give you a link... I just absolutely made my own day!!!!

man, that looks good on youtube. the coassacks site is blocked for me at work

which version do you like the best? I don't mind playing older games if they are subjectively more fun...especially if has that right balance of a lot of options but decently quick "turns"
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Nole4real wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Wow, that is really old school.

man, that looks good on youtube. the coassacks site is blocked for me at work

which version do you like the best? I don't mind playing older games if they are subjectively more fun...especially if has that right balance of a lot of options but decently quick "turns"
I think it's American Conquest and Art of War. When you get that bundle, you can play all of the nations, it doesn't lock you into just the 'set' that you have. You can get a massive deal on Steam... $20 for the Cossacks and American Conquest bundle. (I should probably just buy this!) I'm such a dork... I have about 80 printed pages of details on the troops/progress for each of the nations that I prefer to play.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Late to the party here... but 4 hours left on a really good steam sale for Civ 5 and all of the expansions/add-ons...

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36075/

$12.49 gets you the total package.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i was thinknig about this game last night too. People need to jump on it's pretty fun/infuriating.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i play randoms online but if u ever wanted to run (and find others) im def donw. be warned thot he game is long as fuck
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I played it 2-3 times a few years back... I'd want to play it for a bit to get familiar with it before trying it online. I'll let you know.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

ReignOnU wrote:I played it 2-3 times a few years back... I'd want to play it for a bit to get familiar with it before trying it online. I'll let you know.
Translation:

I won't just jump online and play a game with you for fun. I will study the nuances of this game, learn its secrets, come up with strategies that have never been heard of before, and then... I will break you.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

dakshdar wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:I played it 2-3 times a few years back... I'd want to play it for a bit to get familiar with it before trying it online. I'll let you know.
Translation:

I won't just jump online and play a game with you for fun. I will study the nuances of this game, learn its secrets, come up with strategies that have never been heard of before, and then... I will break you.

Basically.

ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

With that said... my Steam id is Tekao (or mlatsko1). I'll play Shell Shocked anytime. That's a game I don't turn into a 'try hard' on. :-P
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

ReignOnU wrote:With that said... my Steam id is Tekao (or mlatsko1). I'll play Shell Shocked anytime. That's a game I don't turn into a 'try hard' on. :-P
Come play some D3. They've been piling on new features and improvements with every new season.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

dakshdar wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:With that said... my Steam id is Tekao (or mlatsko1). I'll play Shell Shocked anytime. That's a game I don't turn into a 'try hard' on. :-P
Come play some D3. They've been piling on new features and improvements with every new season.

I played D3 for about 30min and I didn't really get hooked. Would your characters be miles ahead of my new character? Not really sure how that works.

Return to “Other Games”