Civilization 5

Various games played by NDL members.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Re: Civilization 5

Post by dakshdar »

ReignOnU wrote:
dakshdar wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:With that said... my Steam id is Tekao (or mlatsko1). I'll play Shell Shocked anytime. That's a game I don't turn into a 'try hard' on. :-P
Come play some D3. They've been piling on new features and improvements with every new season.

I played D3 for about 30min and I didn't really get hooked. Would your characters be miles ahead of my new character? Not really sure how that works.
There is a new season every 3 months where you have the option to start at 0 (and I do each season). So no, there are times to be at the same level as anyone else. But, right now we're 4 weeks into a season so yes, there'd be a bit of a gap. However, leveling is barely part of the game, we could get you to Level 70 (cap) in an hour. Then it is just loot hunting to get all the gear and items needed to run the various builds.

I was hooked back when the original Diablo was out, so there was never a question for me.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Fair warning, I'm a dork and love math and Diablo is all math. It's math to figure out which are the best items. It's math to figure out which are the best builds in terms of optimizing different stats. It's math figuring out which skills are synergistic with which builds/items to play at the highest levels.

Much of this math is in game so they make it easy for you to make the comparisons, but some of it is understanding mechanics that don't directly reflect in damage or toughness numbers you see in your character sheet.

I'm sure WoW is somewhat similar.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Between the posts here and the OOTP section we are so lucky we have already found women.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

dakshdar wrote:Fair warning, I'm a dork and love math and Diablo is all math. It's math to figure out which are the best items. It's math to figure out which are the best builds in terms of optimizing different stats. It's math figuring out which skills are synergistic with which builds/items to play at the highest levels.

Much of this math is in game so they make it easy for you to make the comparisons, but some of it is understanding mechanics that don't directly reflect in damage or toughness numbers you see in your character sheet.

I'm sure WoW is somewhat similar.

All of that applies to WoW. There are tons of sites dedicated to it. I skimmed some beginner D3 stuff. I'll give it a look this weekend. If you see me on Battle.net drop me a line.
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

so reign lets run some Civ sometime soon. if we can find others we know im down for thta. also down for a big online one.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I still play the bejeezus out of Age of Empires 2. I recently found the deluxe HD edition with all the expansions on Steam for 6.49ish. I also got Roller Coaster Tycoon with all the expansions for 2.99. Those two will keep my busy for hours and hours. I'm old school.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

rct is best. drowning people and making rollercoasters go too fast never gets old
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

nick wrote:rct is best. drowning people and making rollercoasters go too fast never gets old
I like to download a trainer app that lets me go full blown God mode with no consequences.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Cnasty wrote:Between the posts here and the OOTP section we are so lucky we have already found women.
I was just thinking, what a bunch of nerds then I saw your post.
I may have to jump on the Civilization. Always wanted to try it.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I started playing Europa Universalis IV this week. It is fucking digital heroin.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

LetsGoPeay wrote:I started playing Europa Universalis IV this week. It is fucking digital heroin.

Looks interesting... was it a Steam sale or something? It looks like a lot of expansion packs for it.
PSN: ReignOnU
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:I started playing Europa Universalis IV this week. It is fucking digital heroin.
that looks like exactly the type of dorkdom i could spend an entire weekend of my life on.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

ReignOnU wrote:

Looks interesting... was it a Steam sale or something? It looks like a lot of expansion packs for it.
They had a midweek madness sale on Steam where the Extreme Edition was on sale for $24.99.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I'm about 200 years into a game as Lithuania. I've built them into a power. I control the eastern third of Europe from the Baltic to the Black Sea. I had an alliance by royal marriage with Poland but the Polish king died and that set up a potential war of succession with me, Poland, Muscovy, and Austria involved. So I broke my alliance with Poland and invaded them to try and get the jump on the others. Unfortunately, I didn't have my conquests in the Black Sea (Crimea) and Baltics (Lithonian Brotherhood) fully subdued. So I briefly fought a war on three fronts. I also foolishly supported Sweden in their unsuccessful war of independence against Denmark. Now I've got my northern and southern frontiers under control and I'm driving through Poland. Muscovy is looming to the east though.....

I tried playing a game as the Navajos and quickly got wiped out by the Apaches. I also tried a game as Scotland and got conquered by a coalition of England, Portugal, and Austria.
Last edited by LetsGoPeay on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Uh, cum again?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I'm oddly interested in this game.

PC or Mac only?
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

shel311 wrote:I'm oddly interested in this game.

PC or Mac only?
Not sure. I'm on PC.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Weasel wrote:Uh, cum again?
i don't know why he'd ever support the Swedes either. foolish
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

DRiccio21 wrote:
Weasel wrote:Uh, cum again?
i don't know why he'd ever support the Swedes either. foolish
Trying to ensure a future that gives us Zlatan. And meatballs.

Return to “Other Games”