FIFA 16--DEMO IS LIVE

This is the place for all Soccer games played in the NDL.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: FIFA 16

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote:Just to be clear... my plan is to actually run the league this year. I ended up scraping it last year due to an unexpected transition (good thing) at work and the quickly moving situation regarding the surrogacy for my 2nd child (on top of finishing up my degree!).

Even better, this is going to lineup great with my last vacation of the year taking place prior to the launch... so no goofy down time.

As a reminder, here is where my idea for the league left off...
ReignOnU wrote: NDL Premier League
- 16 teams
- For the launch, the team selection will be limited to a minimum OVR rating that would include roughly the top 25 teams.
- 6 week schedule
- 3 home-away matches open per week for 5 weeks, with 1 final week of catchup
- Stats will be tracked on NDL league site (I've got a not out to Holmey)
- Champions League starts with group play for weeks 3-4, semi-finals in week 5, championship in week 6
- 1st season CL will be all 16 teams, with weeks 2-3 being group play, week 4 quater-finals
- Top 8 teams (see below) qualify for the Champions League
- Top 8 teams determined by standings from the previous season + weekly bonus points
- Teams may earn 3 bonus points PER week (weeks 1-5) for writing a small team recap for their squad and posting it in the Weekly Recaps forum. These points ONLY apply to CL qualification for the following season.
- I'm still considering a system for holding onto a team or putting limits on the number of times they can be kept.

This is a large overview of what I have in mind. My goal is to prevent the issues in year's past of leagues starting and stopping or fading off. I'm aiming for a setup that continues for a full year... with very little downtime. I realize that we may need to start at 8 or 12... and that the system has to be flexible enough to expand to 20 or 24 (dream big!).

I will likely look to have someone help with running the league, as much for keeping up the immersion or handling any site issues, as anything else.

About that league...
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: FIFA 16--DEMO IS LIVE

Post by ReignOnU »

I was in the back of the site looking around 2 weeks ago. Not ruling it out, but my account is locked right now thanks to their new automatic transfer banning system in FUT. Apparently I 'search too fast, too frequently' when I'm on the web app. I'm not a very big fan of EA right now.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Way to go, cheater!
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

ReignOnU wrote:I was in the back of the site looking around 2 weeks ago. Not ruling it out, but my account is locked right now thanks to their new automatic transfer banning system in FUT. Apparently I 'search too fast, too frequently' when I'm on the web app. I'm not a very big fan of EA right now.
They finally caught you.
ImageImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

LoL... there will be consequences!
PSN: ReignOnU
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Any way I can help out?
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Re: FIFA 16

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

shel311 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Just to be clear... my plan is to actually run the league this year. I ended up scraping it last year due to an unexpected transition (good thing) at work and the quickly moving situation regarding the surrogacy for my 2nd child (on top of finishing up my degree!).

Even better, this is going to lineup great with my last vacation of the year taking place prior to the launch... so no goofy down time.

As a reminder, here is where my idea for the league left off...
ReignOnU wrote: NDL Premier League
- 16 teams
- For the launch, the team selection will be limited to a minimum OVR rating that would include roughly the top 25 teams.
- 6 week schedule
- 3 home-away matches open per week for 5 weeks, with 1 final week of catchup
- Stats will be tracked on NDL league site (I've got a not out to Holmey)
- Champions League starts with group play for weeks 3-4, semi-finals in week 5, championship in week 6
- 1st season CL will be all 16 teams, with weeks 2-3 being group play, week 4 quater-finals
- Top 8 teams (see below) qualify for the Champions League
- Top 8 teams determined by standings from the previous season + weekly bonus points
- Teams may earn 3 bonus points PER week (weeks 1-5) for writing a small team recap for their squad and posting it in the Weekly Recaps forum. These points ONLY apply to CL qualification for the following season.
- I'm still considering a system for holding onto a team or putting limits on the number of times they can be kept.

This is a large overview of what I have in mind. My goal is to prevent the issues in year's past of leagues starting and stopping or fading off. I'm aiming for a setup that continues for a full year... with very little downtime. I realize that we may need to start at 8 or 12... and that the system has to be flexible enough to expand to 20 or 24 (dream big!).

I will likely look to have someone help with running the league, as much for keeping up the immersion or handling any site issues, as anything else.

About that league...
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Soccer”