FIFA 15

This is the place for all Soccer games played in the NDL.
Downing11
Reactions:

Re: FIFA 15

Post by Downing11 »

ReignOnU wrote:3 weeks until release... here's some ideas that I have running in my head...

NDL Premier League
- 16 teams
- For the launch, the team selection will be limited to a minimum OVR rating that would include roughly the top 25 teams.
- 6 week schedule
- 3 home-away matches open per week for 5 weeks, with 1 final week of catchup
- Stats will be tracked on NDL league site (I've got a not out to Holmey)
- Champions League starts with group play for weeks 3-4, semi-finals in week 5, championship in week 6
- 1st season CL will be all 16 teams, with weeks 2-3 being group play, week 4 quater-finals
- Top 8 teams (see below) qualify for the Champions League
- Top 8 teams determined by standings from the previous season + weekly bonus points
- Teams may earn 3 bonus points PER week (weeks 1-5) for writing a small team recap for their squad and posting it in the Weekly Recaps forum. These points ONLY apply to CL qualification for the following season.
- I'm still considering a system for holding onto a team or putting limits on the number of times they can be kept.

This is a large overview of what I have in mind. My goal is to prevent the issues in year's past of leagues starting and stopping or fading off. I'm aiming for a setup that continues for a full year... with very little downtime. I realize that we may need to start at 8 or 12... and that the system has to be flexible enough to expand to 20 or 24 (dream big!).

I will likely look to have someone help with running the league, as much for keeping up the immersion or handling any site issues, as anything else.
Count me in for any league you would run, sounds great.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

in
krgkmg
Reactions:

Post by krgkmg »

I am for sure IN for this. Love the ideas you have going!
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i'm in

i really think we need to recruit some lobby guys we play or maybe guys from other leagues. we can run successful leagues, its just a matter of getting enough guys so when we lose a couple we don't fall apart
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:3 weeks until release... here's some ideas that I have running in my head...

NDL Premier League
- 16 teams
- For the launch, the team selection will be limited to a minimum OVR rating that would include roughly the top 25 teams.
- 6 week schedule
- Champions League starts with group play for weeks 3-4, semi-finals in week 5, championship in week 6
- 1st season CL will be all 16 teams, with weeks 2-3 being group play, week 4 quater-finals
- Top 8 teams determined by standings from the previous season + weekly bonus points
- Teams may earn 3 bonus points PER week (weeks 1-5) for writing a small team recap for their squad and posting it in the Weekly Recaps forum. These points ONLY apply to CL qualification for the following season.
- I'm still considering a system for holding onto a team or putting limits on the number of times they can be kept.

This is a large overview of what I have in mind. My goal is to prevent the issues in year's past of leagues starting and stopping or fading off. I'm aiming for a setup that continues for a full year... with very little downtime. I realize that we may need to start at 8 or 12... and that the system has to be flexible enough to expand to 20 or 24 (dream big!).

I will likely look to have someone help with running the league, as much for keeping up the immersion or handling any site issues, as anything else.

I'll help with running the league, I've gotten quite familiar with setting up/handling the NDL2 site for FIFA

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

DRiccio21 wrote:i'm in

i really think we need to recruit some lobby guys we play or maybe guys from other leagues. we can run successful leagues, its just a matter of getting enough guys so when we lose a couple we don't fall apart

I know a fair amount of people in some other leagues, I will begin recruiting

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I only know of one guy, and he's a no go because Corey is his boss and Corey can't have him know how much work his boss doesn't do everyday.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:

I only know of one guy, and he's a no go because Corey is his boss and Corey can't have him know how much work his boss doesn't do everyday.
this does not surprise me that you only have one friend other than corey :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Uuaww wrote:
shel311 wrote:

this does not surprise me that you only have one friend other than corey :lol:
We were just talking about video gaming friends.

If we're talking about all friends then... Nope I still have just one, Corey. :oops:
taruncheel
Reactions:

Post by taruncheel »

Definitely want to join. Love FIFA. Still playing 14.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

shel311 wrote:I only know of one guy, and he's a no go because Corey is his boss and Corey can't have him know how much work his boss doesn't do everyday.
Thanks for lookin out buddy!!

BFF4LYF<3
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

jsence2 wrote:

NDL Premier League
- 16 teams
- 6 week schedule

I'll help with running the league, I've gotten quite familiar with setting up/handling the NDL2 site for FIFA
Thanks Jason. I'll let Holmey know to give you access. He setup the basic stuff for me today. Much appreciated. I was going to text you but I was off and on calls most of the day.
PSN: ReignOnU
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:
jsence2 wrote:

NDL Premier League
- 16 teams
- 6 week schedule

Thanks Jason. I'll let Holmey know to give you access. He setup the basic stuff for me today. Much appreciated. I was going to text you but I was off and on calls most of the day.

I already have full commissioner access for that league.

EDIT: You created a new one, I see. I digress. Why ddin't you just wipe out the old one?

ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Didn't want to step on any toes. I feel more comfortable starting fresh so I can learn how it all works.
PSN: ReignOnU
jsence2
Reactions:

Re: FIFA 15 (Demo out 9/9/14)

Post by jsence2 »

The demo for FIFA 14 releases on PS3/PS4 tomorrow after a store update.

The download size on PS4 is a bit over 3 GB. Make sure you leave it in standby and grab it when the store has it, it'll be ready when you get home.

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Nice!!!

These, you can download website, right? Gonna need to figure that out. C, if so.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yes.

Or the Playstation app on your phone.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Yes.

Keeping with my technological failures theme of the night, this made me think, I've always had my ps4 set to auto download while in standby mode but every time there's an update, it doesn't download and I have to do it when I fire it up.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Yes.

Keeping with my technological failures theme of the night, this made me think, I've always had my ps4 set to auto download while in standby mode but every time there's an update, it doesn't download and I have to do it when I fire it up.
google is your friend
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

any update here?

and i can just use the ps4 app to do it?

Return to “Soccer”