NDL:L - Official Sign Up Thread

A fast-paced NCAA league for those in the NDL looking to get some extra games in.

Moderator: ReignOnU

runthepound
Reactions:

Re: NDL:L - Official Sign Up Thread

Post by runthepound »

i was in the first time we talked about this
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

With the time since the thread passing we need official confirmation of who is in. Interests fades for quite a few.
PSN: ReignOnU
TerpsMustDie
Reactions:

Post by TerpsMustDie »

Originally I was in, but I think I'm going to bow out. I'm looking for another job, going to school, and have a kid on the way. I'm going to continue with the online dynasties, but I don't think I can get this in. Sorry.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Cnasty wrote:Hoos said he is in.

Just wanted to touch base for him.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Thanks for the update TMD and best of luck.
USMarine7t
Reactions:

Post by USMarine7t »

Still in
Dcane7
Reactions:

Post by Dcane7 »

I'm in
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Dude I am out with all the new games out.

I am burned out on football too
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Thanks for the note dole.

We have locked in @ 28 coaches. The remaining interested coaches will be applied to the wait list, with special provisions made if the previously interested coaches reply in the next 48 hours or so.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

dont forget me...i was on the list dince day 1. sot sure if i was in the final list though. :(
TheRealDray
Reactions:

Post by TheRealDray »

yea, I guess I will hold off since I didnt make the initial list anyway after saying I was in on the original thread. Maybe it is video game gods way of telling me not to push it w/ 4 games a week. :lol:
UnTouchable8
Reactions:

Post by UnTouchable8 »

ReignOnU wrote:Thanks for the note dole.

We have locked in @ 28 coaches. The remaining interested coaches will be applied to the wait list, with special provisions made if the previously interested coaches reply in the next 48 hours or so.
Why not just put it at 32 with the people on the wait list? It's the same price on LD I think for 32 as it is 28 and then you can have 4 divisions of 8.
New Rule: Stop calling disasters with a single survivor a "miracle." When 103 people die, but one lives, that's not a miracle. That's God blowing a no-hitter in the bottom of the ninth. - Bill Maher
brett11253
Reactions:

Post by brett11253 »

UnTouchable8 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Thanks for the note dole.

Why not just put it at 32 with the people on the wait list? It's the same price on LD I think for 32 as it is 28 and then you can have 4 divisions of 8.
I was gonna bring this point up.
AIM: brett11253
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Talking with some guys that have been through this, we need to have a wait list. They bring up some very good points about how fast people drop.

And if our 1st season of NDL:L is a success, I'll run it every 5-6 weeks until the new game drops. So that's at least 2 more seasons.

I definitely apologize to the 4 guys on the list. We were looking to move quickly and had to take the guys that were in touch with what was going on at the present time.

Believe it or not, about 6-8 guys that were gung ho about the original idea decided that they couldn't/wouldn't be participating. So that was the danger in holding spots for everyone that had previously commented in the other thread. I hope you understand and remain interested.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

ReignOnU wrote:Talking with some guys that have been through this, we need to have a wait list. They bring up some very good points about how fast people drop.
this has ZERO to do with me, but ill offer some friendly advice. you wont need a wait list till a week or 2 after the season starts. By then, NDL will be wrapping up and 5-10 extra guys will come out of the woodwork looking for games, or guys who simply dont scroll down this far on the boards.

Run it however you like of course, just remember guys on the waitlist wont wait long :)
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

ajalves wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:Talking with some guys that have been through this, we need to have a wait list. They bring up some very good points about how fast people drop.
this has ZERO to do with me, but ill offer some friendly advice. you wont need a wait list till a week or 2 after the season starts. By then, NDL will be wrapping up and 5-10 extra guys will come out of the woodwork looking for games, or guys who simply dont scroll down this far on the boards.

Run it however you like of course, just remember guys on the waitlist wont wait long :)

What he said
huskerskev84
Reactions:

Post by huskerskev84 »

I think we need to have some sort of standard set for guys that aren't playing games or even posting. I think we all realize things come up and this isn't as important as real life, but if someone is going to be gone for 2-3 weeks and doesn't have time to play they should step aside and/or let everyone know what's up. I just don't think they should be allowed to stay in the league until the season is over and then a bunch of sim wins are handed out. If this is a "lightening" league and someone has went AWOL for over a week (or whatever the standard is), I think they should be replaced with no questions asked. Odds are if it's an emergency situation that took them away, they won't have time to get caught back up anyway. Simmed games just suck.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Maybe check marks?

Week 1 - 2 games
Week 2 - 5 Games
Week 3 - 9 Games
Week 4 - Complete?

These would be required minimums.

I know of a few guys that said they'd be missing some time, but even with their schedules, they should be able to come close to hitting the deadlines.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote:Maybe check marks?

Week 1 - 2 games
Week 2 - 5 Games
Week 3 - 9 Games
Week 4 - Complete?

These would be required minimums.

I know of a few guys that said they'd be missing some time, but even with their schedules, they should be able to come close to hitting the deadlines.
I love that idea. Start off slow and build up cause that's how games usually get played.

And if you don't meet those check marks, you have to step down, no questions asked. We know things pop up and that's no biggie, but that would be GREAT to just keep the league flowing and let the next person on the waiting list step in and get those games caught up.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Return to “NDL: Lightning”