Tiger/Golf

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:
Posts: 44844
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm

Re: Tiger

Post by nick »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm
nick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm Imagine breaking your legs when you have a notoriously bad back and somehow not fucking your back up during a car crash? Almost as if he was asleep at the wheel (prolly from drugs) and was out while crashing.

But then again 7am single car crashes are common so ...
Imagine making statements like this as soon as someone goes thru a tragedy like this without having a fucking clue what you are talking about.
Would of been a tragedy if he hit that director he sped by recklessly.
User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 23149
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: Tiger

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:33 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm
wdoupis wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm
nick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm Imagine breaking your legs when you have a notoriously bad back and somehow not fucking your back up during a car crash? Almost as if he was asleep at the wheel (prolly from drugs) and was out while crashing.

But then again 7am single car crashes are common so ...
Imagine making statements like this as soon as someone goes thru a tragedy like this without having a fucking clue what you are talking about.
Billy is a little triggered here. C'mon man, you are deployed so I know you have a twisted sense of humor. I was going to lay in on it but Nick beat me to it
Come on George, if it was Trump you would have reacted just like Billy...
Nope, not at all.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
dakshdar
Reactions:
Posts: 10713
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: Torrance, CA

Re: Tiger

Post by dakshdar »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:39 pm
dakshdar wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm It's laying on the driver side door. If they didn't use the jaws of life to cut open the roof, how did they get him out?
Thru the windshield?

Where the hell is the damn engine? Said it traveled close to 500' from the beginning of the crash to where it stopped.
Not saying they couldn't get him out through the windshield, but I would think they wouldn't know enough about his injuries to try that if he had multiple lower body injuries (too much risk?).

My impression is the entire point of the JoL is ripping the car apart around the person in order to move them as little as possible when getting them out.

Was there further clarification on this?

OK - article stated they used prybar and axe to remove windshield.

Also the accident was probably 5 miles from my house (if that) and I saw ambulances going opposite direction of me on my way to work around that time this morning.
User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 23149
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: Tiger

Post by GeorgesGoons »

dakshdar wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:18 am
Also the accident was probably 5 miles from my house (if that) and I saw ambulances going opposite direction of me on my way to work around that time this morning.
You don't have to brag you rich
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:
Posts: 44844
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm

Re: Tiger

Post by nick »

Image
User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 23149
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: Tiger

Post by GeorgesGoons »

It's a good thing it wasn't a femur bone injury. Could have easily lost a leg with that kind of injury
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:
Posts: 14030
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Richmond Greeks

Re: Tiger

Post by wdoupis »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm
wdoupis wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm
nick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm Imagine breaking your legs when you have a notoriously bad back and somehow not fucking your back up during a car crash? Almost as if he was asleep at the wheel (prolly from drugs) and was out while crashing.

But then again 7am single car crashes are common so ...
Imagine making statements like this as soon as someone goes thru a tragedy like this without having a fucking clue what you are talking about.
Billy is a little triggered here. C'mon man, you are deployed so I know you have a twisted sense of humor. I was going to lay in on it but Nick beat me to it
Triggered is a stupid word. Yes Tiger is my favorite athlete and kind of a hero growing up but to just assume someone is on drugs because they were in an accident is stupid. Dude has a family and has been thru so much with his body already. Just glad he is alive. If something came out that he was impaired then fire away but he is not some lifetime junkie.
User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 23149
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: Tiger

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm
wdoupis wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm
nick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm Imagine breaking your legs when you have a notoriously bad back and somehow not fucking your back up during a car crash? Almost as if he was asleep at the wheel (prolly from drugs) and was out while crashing.

But then again 7am single car crashes are common so ...
Imagine making statements like this as soon as someone goes thru a tragedy like this without having a fucking clue what you are talking about.
Billy is a little triggered here. C'mon man, you are deployed so I know you have a twisted sense of humor. I was going to lay in on it but Nick beat me to it
Triggered is a stupid word. Yes Tiger is my favorite athlete and kind of a hero growing up but to just assume someone is on drugs because they were in an accident is stupid. Dude has a family and has been thru so much with his body already. Just glad he is alive. If something came out that he was impaired then fire away but he is not some lifetime junkie.
I am in agreeance that triggered is a stupid word. Can we remove it from our dictionary
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Weasel
Reactions:
Posts: 9823
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:55 am

Re: Tiger

Post by Weasel »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:53 am It's a good thing it wasn't a femur bone injury. Could have easily lost a leg with that kind of injury
From that briefing, it sounds like he was dealing with compartment syndrome, which requires a fasciotomy (you can google it, not for a weak stomach). In this, the cut open the tissue in the area to relieve pressure from swelling. If they dont, lack of blood flow will kill the limb. This is a bigger deal than a simple femur fracture.
User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 23149
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: Tiger

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Weasel wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:44 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:53 am It's a good thing it wasn't a femur bone injury. Could have easily lost a leg with that kind of injury
From that briefing, it sounds like he was dealing with compartment syndrome, which requires a fasciotomy (you can google it, not for a weak stomach). In this, the cut open the tissue in the area to relieve pressure from swelling. If they dont, lack of blood flow will kill the limb. This is a bigger deal than a simple femur fracture.
You act like a doctor or something
ImageImageImage
User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 23149
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: Tiger

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Finally getting around to watch the documentary. The opening was great listening to his dad on what he'll become
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:
Posts: 14030
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Richmond Greeks

Re: Tiger

Post by wdoupis »

I thought they covered his childhood really well but part 2 where they just kept piling on with the cheating drug on too long.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 32648
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:45 pm
Location: Port Orange

Re: Tiger

Post by ajalves »

wdoupis wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:02 pm I thought they covered his childhood really well but part 2 where they just kept piling on with the cheating drug on too long.
the arrest and him trying to tie his shoe while high as a kite i found fascination

plus, the fact the lady he used to hook up with from NY looks like a man now

oh ...also....probably my favorite line is when he started going to Veags with Jordan and Barkley and he asks Jordan how he should talk to the girls out there and Jordan says....."Just tell them your Tiger f***ing Woods"

:lol: :lol:
Image
wdoupis
Reactions:
Posts: 14030
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: Richmond Greeks

Re: Tiger

Post by wdoupis »

Haha, that was a classic line from MJ. Yeah, when they went thru the rolodex of girls I thought damn Tiger, my highlight reel would be more impressive lol. For golf fans or Tiger fans like me there was not much new but I did like some of his stuff growing up.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 32648
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:45 pm
Location: Port Orange

Re: Tiger

Post by ajalves »

yeah, the girl from Perkins....i was thinking...really???

but yea a lot of the stuff is pretty familiar. Still found it an interesting watch
Image
User avatar
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:
Posts: 72593
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Sheltown Shockers

Re: Tiger

Post by shel311 »

AJ in here posting about Tiger while being 53 minutes into the timer on his round 1 pick.


Shame!!!

Shame!!!

Shame!!!
User avatar
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:
Posts: 23149
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am
Location: Omaha
Contact:

Re: Tiger

Post by GeorgesGoons »

The blonde that did an interview with a piercing in her face. I can go to the local Walmart and find 10 better looking girls there at 3am.
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:
Posts: 32648
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:45 pm
Location: Port Orange

Re: Tiger

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:57 pm AJ in here posting about Tiger while being 53 minutes into the timer on his round 1 pick.


Shame!!!

Shame!!!

Shame!!!
i didn't even know we were drafting...oops. Billy feel free to put me on auto....apologies
Image
User avatar
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:
Posts: 15306
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:14 am
Location: NDL:O at Heart

Re: Tiger

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/30 ... y-accident

"Not drunk" and "purely an accident" - LA Sheriff
ImageImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:
Posts: 44844
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm

Re: Tiger

Post by nick »

Damn... who said he was drunk?
Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic Forum”