Official 2039 Hall of Fame Ballot

Hall of Fame stuff goes here. The home of Bernie!

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick, ReignOnU, Bernie32

nick
Reactions:

Re: Official 2039 Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by nick »

The_Niddler wrote:Everyone has their own opinion nick, damn.
We are free to vote how we see fit.
That is why it is our vote and not yours. You can vote for whoever you would like in your vote.
People didnt have full ballots last year and left him off, and now have him on, what changed during his retirement???? Opinions are for alignment, this is the fucking Hall of Fame.

Consistency, all I ask for.

ps - crow sucks.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nick wrote:
ajalves wrote:Crow
Washington
Cross

what changed since last season? I don't see him on your ballot and you had space.
wasn't feeling it last year. Great thing is I could give a shit less if it "makes sense" to you
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

ajalves wrote:
nick wrote:
ajalves wrote:Crow
Washington
Cross

what changed since last season? I don't see him on your ballot and you had space.
wasn't feeling it last year. Great thing is I could give a shit less if it "makes sense" to you
damn someone's salty. Must be from living close to the Ocean.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

McMinn
Silva
Washington
Wu
Espinoza
Thomas
Xin
Hart
Peterson
Crow
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nick wrote:
ajalves wrote: what changed since last season? I don't see him on your ballot and you had space.

zero salt...
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

ajalves wrote:
nick wrote:
ajalves wrote: what changed since last season? I don't see him on your ballot and you had space.

zero salt...
maybe now cause you spewed it all over this thread. Go to the beach and drink some water
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

the things people chose to make a big deal about confuse me
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

ajalves wrote:the things people chose to make a big deal about confuse me
def not a big deal to me. Calling Trendon a cheater is a bigger deal to me imo cause he's my friend.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nick wrote:
def not a big deal to me. Calling Trendon a cheater is a bigger deal to me imo cause he's my friend.
you think you are going to change peoples minds on the subject? who cares what they say then
Boston_Rob
Reactions:

Post by Boston_Rob »

Wayne Washington
Jeff Brady
Bill McMinn
Austin Etheridge
Jorge Pacheco
Kevin Thomas
WUUUUUUUUU
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ajalves wrote:
nick wrote:
you think you are going to change peoples minds on the subject? who cares what they say then

Wasn't there a discussion where many people were going back and forth about players that Trendon created and edits he made to players and such?
If I am confusing him with bear, I do apologize, but I swear I remember discussions around Trendon doing some of those same things.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Jokeman345
Reactions:

Post by Jokeman345 »

Wayne Washington
Marty Crow
Zheng-Xin Wu
Lawrence Franks
Jorge Pacheco
Kevin Thomas
Eduardo Moran
Francisco Espinoza
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

The_Niddler wrote:
ajalves wrote:
nick wrote:

Wasn't there a discussion where many people were going back and forth about players that Trendon created and edits he made to players and such?
If I am confusing him with bear, I do apologize, but I swear I remember discussions around Trendon doing some of those same things.
I honestly don't recall that. I think I remember something where Trendon would see players that were found by other team's international scouting, those other teams wouldn't react to the window of time to sign that player (back when it was done that way) and he'd scoop them up. There was some debate on whether this was truly illegal. The issue, as I remember it (so could be wrong), was that we could all find those players as well, if we set up filters in game to search for them during every sim. Trendon knew they were out there from seeing them enter the player pool after teams weren't signing them, so he would more than likely get them as most other people weren't actively looking every single sim.

I thought this was somewhat verified when people started searching player histories and found a disproportionate number of players that were found by one organization, not signed, and then signed to NY.

After some sleuthing: This is what I was remembering -- viewtopic.php?f=109&t=35791&p=590490&hilit=IFA#p590490
Last edited by dakshdar on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

That part was true and not technically illegal as he stated it was readily available to every other coach to create these filters and see the same players.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Cnasty wrote:That part was true and not technically illegal as he stated it was readily available to every other coach to create these filters and see the same players.
Very true. It was more of a thing where it was on the other coaches to check that filtered search every sim where Trendon would get a de-facto "heads up" during the sim that the player was there, so he didn't need to remember to check or spend the effort to do so. I think.

There was a second part that I didn't remember that is in the link I posted where some people were finding players to sign in what was generally viewed as illegal means.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

dakshdar wrote:
Cnasty wrote:That part was true and not technically illegal as he stated it was readily available to every other coach to create these filters and see the same players.
Very true. It was more of a thing where it was on the other coaches to check that filtered search every sim where Trendon would get a de-facto "heads up" during the sim that the player was there, so he didn't need to remember to check or spend the effort to do so. I think.

There was a second part that I didn't remember that is in the link I posted where some people were finding players to sign in what was generally viewed as illegal means.
And that was confirmed by Ted I believe.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

circumvent!!!!
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

a bunch of us had a filter set to check IFAs who were in FA. If I remember, what Trendon was doing was scouting players in the database (not FA) from the history tab and then clicking on a letter. In the old version it had ALL players. Now there was no way to sort them but you could find a guy under 18 who had was never part of any organization and was an International player. The belief was that these guys were IFAs waiting to be "found" by scouts. He would scout them, and if they were anything worth while he would sign them because from that database screen you could sign 14 year old players. FWIW once he was told to stop doing it, he did. It was necessarily cheating as it was exploiting a loophole.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Uuaww wrote:FWIW once he was told to stop doing it, he did. It was necessarily cheating as it was exploiting a loophole.
I have no dog in this fight as even after your explanation, I have no clue what was going on.

That being said, was Trendon the commish when he was doing this? Or did he have some sort of commish access(once Bear took over) and was doing something either none of us could do or he had some sort of access that made it easier for him to do so?
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

shel311 wrote:
Uuaww wrote:FWIW once he was told to stop doing it, he did. It was necessarily cheating as it was exploiting a loophole.
I have no dog in this fight as even after your explanation, I have no clue what was going on.

That being said, was Trendon the commish when he was doing this? Or did he have some sort of commish access(once Bear took over) and was doing something either none of us could do or he had some sort of access that made it easier for him to do so?

Anyone could do it
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hall of Fame”