Official 2034 Hall of Fame Ballot

Hall of Fame stuff goes here. The home of Bernie!

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick, ReignOnU, Bernie32

Ry
Reactions:

Re: Official 2034 Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by Ry »

Arod.
O'Higgins
Gibbons
Cole
Crow
J. Lopez
Ruppert
Last edited by Ry on Wed May 20, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Reign's Ballot:
A. Rodriguez
N. Gibbons
P. Lopez
M. Crow
K. Thomas
J. Ramos
M. Lewis
Z. Wu
S. Ruppert
P. A-B
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I think it's only right to put Wu/Thomas on the ballot if they 'deserve' it. For those that are not voting for them based on their questionable talent, I'll be interested to see what you do when Lehman, who will go down as possibly our best pitcher ever, comes up for vote.

BTW... Marty Crow is getting the snub. 475 SB and should have been well over 600 if he A.) was used properly after leaving my squad and B.) wasn't injury prone (could have been a factor in A). Even with all of those issues... he's #6 in career WAR for batters. That's pretty damn impressive.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

the whole "glitch" thing is so stupid. We currently have a #1 overall prospect who was once apparently 20/20, so are we gonna discredit him because his numbers randomly exploded?

apparently no one in the NDLB can be like Jose Bautista for example ..
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

Bernie32 wrote:Voted So Far (24)

San Antonio
Boston
Sheltown
Washington
Port Orange
Philadelphia
New England
Indianapolis
Winterfell
Cleveland
Hillsboro
Vancouver
Steel City
Miami
Cookeville
Omaha
Albany
New York Launch
Detroit
Dade County
Houston
Lake Elsinore
Alabama
Cincinnati

Waiting On (6)

Chicago
New York Blizzard
Toronto
Texas
South Park
Las Vegas
Going to close the voting Thursday night. Sending PM's to the final six
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Bernie32 wrote:
Bernie32 wrote:Voted So Far (24)

San Antonio
Boston
Sheltown
Washington
Port Orange
Philadelphia
New England
Indianapolis
Winterfell
Cleveland
Hillsboro
Vancouver
Steel City
Miami
Cookeville
Omaha
Albany
New York Launch
Detroit
Dade County
Houston
Lake Elsinore
Alabama
Cincinnati

Waiting On (6)

Chicago
New York Blizzard
Toronto
Texas
South Park
Las Vegas
Going to close the voting Thursday night. Sending PM's to the final six
I'll text rob as well
ImageImageImage
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

that's a solid turnout. 5 guys rarely here and Jason.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

nick wrote:the whole "glitch" thing is so stupid. We currently have a #1 overall prospect who was once apparently 20/20, so are we gonna discredit him because his numbers randomly exploded?

apparently no one in the NDLB can be like Jose Bautista for example ..

I will be clear about my opinion... there's a difference between those guys and the guy you're talking about. OOTP 2015 is not the same game as 2012-2014. I think 2015 handles player progression WAY better than what we initially started with.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

ReignOnU wrote:I think it's only right to put Wu/Thomas on the ballot if they 'deserve' it. For those that are not voting for them based on their questionable talent, I'll be interested to see what you do when Lehman, who will go down as possibly our best pitcher ever, comes up for vote.
Explain.

Lehman went to school, was drafted, and had a normal,awesome career in the league like any of our other top guys did.
Wu and Thomas arent the same.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

How is Wu different from the 2 top prospects nowadays I hear talked about?
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Wu appeared out of nowhere in FA. The Albany player was signed by Albany soon after released by Detroit. It is likely that Albany's scout had him ranked well all along and he just signed him when he appeared in FA. We all have players that our scouts love that no one else does and they hit occasionally.

Wu went from complete scrub to elite over 1 sim and the frenzy to sign him happened
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Cnasty wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:I think it's only right to put Wu/Thomas on the ballot if they 'deserve' it. For those that are not voting for them based on their questionable talent, I'll be interested to see what you do when Lehman, who will go down as possibly our best pitcher ever, comes up for vote.
Explain.

Lehman went to school, was drafted, and had a normal,awesome career in the league like any of our other top guys did.
Wu and Thomas arent the same.

Lehman was good... and deserving of a top 5 pick on draft day. Lehman on draft day wasn't Lehman the destroyer.
1/1/2017 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 21 (31); Movement: 52 (63); Control: 13 (49).
1/1/2018 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 39 (93); Movement: 53 (79); Control: 16 (80).
6/19/2018 Drafted in the 2018 first-year player draft (Round 1, Pick 5, 5th overall pick) by the Chicago LOLCats.
1/1/2019 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 56 (126); Movement: 64 (85); Control: 22 (107).

As for Wu... if you remember correctly, Wu came about really early in my commish time. I tracked Wu all the way back to my first season in the league and Wu was Wu the whole time. He was just never reflected that way and I believe it had to do with how the ratings were calculated throughout the different commishes. (best guess)

I've got a lot of thoughts on Cyborg. #1 he appears out of no where. #2 he enters as an FA. #3 he's a monster. #4 his history was manually edited.

With that said, I'm not judging them based on how they got to where they were, but how they performed throughout their career. What's done is done in terms of their existence. I'm basically detaching myself from our digital world. As a hall of fame voter, I'm doing so from the digital world perspective.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Uuaww wrote:Wu appeared out of nowhere in FA. The Albany player was signed by Albany soon after released by Detroit. It is likely that Albany's scout had him ranked well all along and he just signed him when he appeared in FA. We all have players that our scouts love that no one else does and they hit occasionally.

Wu went from complete scrub to elite over 1 sim and the frenzy to sign him happened

Wu's hidden ratings existed the whole time. Wu's scouting increases appeared out of no where. When the controversy happened, I went back through numerous backups to confirm this.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote:I've got a lot of thoughts on Cyborg. #1 he appears out of no where. #2 he enters as an FA. #3 he's a monster. #4 his history was manually edited.
Yup.

One day halfway through the season, if I recall, Bear starts talking about this 79 potential guy in his farm that he had just signed as a free agent. IT was sooooo fishy, not just because of the infamous manually edited history, but no one else had every seen a 79 potential guy in free agency, except for Bear. With Wu, like Ted said, there was the frenzy to sign him, but with Cyborg, apparently every owner except for Bear didn't check free agency that sim. Very odd.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Uuaww wrote:Wu appeared out of nowhere in FA. The Albany player was signed by Albany soon after released by Detroit. It is likely that Albany's scout had him ranked well all along and he just signed him when he appeared in FA. We all have players that our scouts love that no one else does and they hit occasionally.

He didn't appear out of nowhere, per se. He was drafted and released, can't remember by who. He was always in free agency, from what I recall, we just noticed when his ratings soared.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote:

He didn't appear out of nowhere, per se. He was drafted and released, can't remember by who. He was always in free agency, from what I recall, we just noticed when his ratings soared.

I could never put my finger on exactly what happened to cause it, which is probably part of just being so new. But looking back at it, I would bet that there's a huge chance that there was some kind of change in the settings at some point, that related to how scout ratings are generated based on playing vs real ratings. The fact that Wu was available to everyone also makes me indifferent. No different than Hideo Nomo being one of the first major MLB signings, before there was a more standard way of doing it.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yea, I definitely don't view Wu and Cyborg as sorta the same, just my take.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Oh I don't view them both the same either. I voted for both bc I'm looking at the stats not how they existed.
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

Arod
O'Higgins
Gibbons
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Uuaww wrote: I'm looking at the stats not how they existed.
thats a juvenile way to go about things. you're better than that ted.....or so I thought

Return to “Hall of Fame”