2029 Official Hall of Fame Ballot

Hall of Fame stuff goes here. The home of Bernie!

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick, ReignOnU, Bernie32

Bernie32
Reactions:

2029 Official Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by Bernie32 »

I was going to try something different this season, but it never came to fruition, so we will stick with what it is. Yet another huge ballot this year. I don't put a deadline on getting your votes in, hopefully within a week, but please take the time to go through the candidates and make an informed vote by whatever your process is.

This year's ballot consists of twenty-seven players. Fourteen carryovers and thirteen new nominees.

I have put the spoiler tag over the players' season by season stats to save space. Simply click on the spoiler tag and you can see their stats.
I have added a chart with everyone's career totals at the end. A one-stop shop if that is all you're interested in.
I have added a chart with the 162 game averages for the last 21 MLB batters inducted into the real life Hall of Fame. This may be good for comparison.
I have done away with listing each nominee's HOF test scores in their personal rundown. These scores are already in a chart later in the post, it seems kind of redundant having them in there twice.
I have also done away with the previous votes line in each nominees' spot and made one chart listing all nominees and their past voting history.

Voting process and rules are as follows..

--You can PM me your ballot or post it here in this thread. Forum only allows for 10 poll options. Plus no way to track.
--No waiting period after retirement
--75% of all votes received will get a player in. 5% to carry over to next election, 15 seasons max.
--You can vote for zero to ten players, but please vote, even if it's a blank ballot.
--No new teams this year, we should have 30 votes.

The Ballot...

Blacked-out = Not on ballot, Greyed-Out includes that year's results.

The Breakdown..

Julio Burgos, LF/DH/RF Cincinnati (SoCal)
Premier power hitter whose prime years from 2019-2024 would probably match anyone's high 6 year span. Fielded his position well, winning one H&K and although didn't steal often, 56 SB, was succesful when doing so at a 74% clip. He was selected to 5 All-Star games. won a HOTY in 2020 despite playing for 3 different teams that year and he wears two championship rings on his hands.
Spoiler!
Don Douglas, RF/1B Boston (NorCal)
A freak broken kneecap on a non-scheduled sim derailed his career, but his numbers in NorCal are still quite impressive. 4-time All-Star, 2012 HOTY, and a .319 career average. His numbers have stood the test of time and he is actually climbing the career batting average leaderboard.
Spoiler!
Nolan Gibbons, 3B/SS Philadelphia
His 2017 season , with Philadelphia winning the crown that season, is widely regarded by both VORP and WAR standards to be the best season put together by anyone not named Rodriguez or Cruz. He did this after winning ROTY in 2016 with Sheltown. Leading the way to "Gibbons'd" being the second most coined term in trade talk threads behind "NGR'd". Only player in NDLB history to win a Championship, HOTY, ROTY, H&K, and be selected to All-Star Game(5 times). Career dwindled after leaving Philly, but a special player in NDLB history.
Spoiler!
Javier Guerra, RF Sheltown
A steady and consistent offensive force throughout his career to go along with 3 Gold Glove awards. A career .301 hitter with over 2000 hits and 275 HR's was selected to 3 All-Star Games. One of just 2 players on our ballot that ranks in the Top 100 of EVERY category listed and he is in Top 25 of a lot of important ones.
Spoiler!
Bill Hill, 3B/SS Cookeville (Chicago LOL)
Hill narrowly misses out on some career milestones, finishing his career with 1955 hits and a .293 batting average. He played all over the infield, bringing a lot of versatility to his team. Finshed his career Top 10 in Runs, Doubles, and Triples.
Spoiler!
Pat Johnson, 3B Albany
"Spud" was a model of consistency throughout his career. Finishes ranked Top 10 in Runs, HR's, RBI's, and BB's. Selected to 4 All-Star games, won HOTY in 2014 while Albany went on to win title and he won another title in his last season with the 2027 Launch.
Spoiler!
Chris Kennedy, DH/LF Boston (NorCal)
Career OBP of .421! Higher than anyone not named Rodriguez or Wu. And when he got on base, he was going. NDLB's career leader in stolen bases with 583. NorCal always had an impressive lineup through the decade with Douglas, Lopez, Jimenez, Burke, and others, but it was Kennedy that keyed this team when he was on the field. Kennedy's injury history is one of the only knocks on him, playing in 140 or more games just 3 times in his 17 seasons. Kennedy won the 2015 Morris Trophy, batting .453/.506/.613 with 24 runs in 17 games that postseason, as NorCal brought home the trophy. He followed that up in 2016 with a respectable .895 postseason OPS in 2016 as NorCal dropped the World Series that year.
Spoiler!
Colton Long, LF Port Orange
To me, Long is our version of Bernie Williams. Never really excelled at anything besides being consistently very good. Would never be near the top of leaderboards, but year in and year out, there he was at 8, 9, or 10. Won more titles (5) than All-Stars (2). Top 20 in career runs, hits, BB's, WAR and VORP and ranks 7th in SB's.
Spoiler!
Jose Lopez, SS/2B Boston (NorCal)
The Hall of Fame loves HR's, RBI's and middle infielders. Lopez is all 3. Fifth in career HR's, tenth in RBI's, all while playing the middle infield. He did not hit for average, or do anything else exceptionally well, but nearly 400 HR's and over 1200 RBi's from those positions is rare. Won a World Series in 2015 with NorCal, was selected to 2 All-Star games, and won a Gold Glove.
Spoiler!
Pablo Lopez, DH/1B Cleveland (Ohio/Hawaii/Carolina)
Quick.. name me the 3 players in NDLB history with 2000+ hits, 300+ HR's, a .300 or better batting average and a slugging percentage over .500.. Rodriguez and Cruz would be on all answers, but the third guy.. Amaya-NO, Barron-NO, Gaudreau-NO. The answer is Pablo Lopez. Lopez gets lost in the shuffle while playing his career moving around from Carolina to Hawaii to Ohio to Cleveland and being in Cruz's shadow in the AL, but this guy tore the cover off the ball for a long time. 5 time All-Star and did win a H&K despite playing DH for most of his career.
Spoiler!
Francisco Oliva, LF/RF Cleveland (Ohio/Hawaii/Carolina)
Started his career off in New England with a bang, winning ROTY in 2013. Moved onto the Cleveland franchise where he formed a formidable duo with Pablo Lopez, terrorizing AL pitchers for a long time. 335 career homers for the 3-time All-Star.
Spoiler!
Jorge Reyna, 2B Albany
Spectacular middle infielder that produced like a corner infielder. From 2015 to 2023, Reyna hit at least 20 doubles, 20 HR's and stole 10 bases in every season but 2019 when he missed by 3 doubles. 3-time All-Star and a H&K winner won the championship in 2014 with Albany.
Spoiler!
Robinson Rojas, CF/RF Sheltown
Rojas was the first overall pick in the league's inaugural season and his 2010 campaign was perhaps the most acclaimed season by anybody in history. Rookie of the Year, All-Star, HOTY, and Playoff MVP(back when they gave them to losing sides). Injuries hamstrung his overall number totals, but when he was on the field, he was in an elite class. He once drove in 14 runs in one game against the Whalers in 2014. Never won a title, but was selected an All-Star 4 times and won 2 H&K awards to go along with his 2010 ROTY & HOTY.
Spoiler!
Ramon Ruiz, RF Port Orange
5-time All-Star and 2-time champion broke into the bigs in a big way, winning rookie of the year in 2015 after being waived by Sheltown. Had a memorable run in Port Orange before being traded to Louisville in a much hyped trade. Great combination of power and average. Hit 324 HR's and drove in 1082 runs in , a relatively few, 1371 games. Amazingly, did not strike out often. Averaged only 31 K's per 162 games.
Spoiler!
Jose Suarez, C Miami (Toronto)
The premier backstop of the 2010's, Suarez was a power hitting catcher with no peer. Did four tours with the Toronto/Miami organization and won a HOTY in 2014 there while leading them to a World Series. Was selected to 6 All-Star games.
Spoiler!
Joe Telvest, 2B/DH/1B Cleveland (Ohio/Hawaii/Carolina)
The Roy Hobbs of our league. Came into the league at 37 and dominated. 2011 Triple crown winner, back-to-back HOTY's in 2011 and 2012. Playoff MVP and World Series title in 2012. 3-time All-Star for the career .336 hitter.
Spoiler!
Gerardo Vazquez, Cookeville (Chicago LOL)
Former Howser-winner (college POTY) and first overall pick, Vazquez didn't disappoint. Injuries and lack of longevity may hurt his overall accumulations, but he finishes his career batting .305 with a career OPS+ of 125 and being selected to 3 All-Star games. He batted over .300 6 times plus 2 more times in shortened seasons.
Spoiler!
Bob Baker, SP New York
His last two seasons in Detroit were nightmarish and hampered his numbers tremendously. Going 11-40 over a two-year span will do that. But look past that and you see 13 straight seasons of double-digit wins and nearly 3,000 strikeouts and a sub-4 career ERA, including the Detroit years.
Spoiler!
Pierre-Antoine Bourassa, SP Philadelphia
PAB as he became affectionately known on the forums will now face the test to see if he is truly elite. Nearly 200 wins and a sub-3.50 ERA might do the trick. He was selected to 4 All-Star games and won 2 rings in his career. He ranks 8th in career VORP and 13th in WAR. Had 1 No-Hitter in his career.
Spoiler!
Mark Cameron, SP Boston (NorCal)
Cameron spent his entire career with the Boston/NorCal franchise. Despite ranking 5th in career wins with 197, he was only selected to 1 All-Star game. Ranks 12th in both career VORP and WAR. Fired a No-Hitter in 2023.
Spoiler!
Bob Elliott, SP Albany
One of twenty-six members of the 150-win club. The ace of the rotation of the decade's best team. 5 time all-star, 2011 Seaver winner, 2-time World Series winner, fourth all-time in complete games, and a two-time 20-game winner. Still ranks 15th in VORP & 16th in WAR despite being retired for seven seasons.
Spoiler!
Tony Foster, RP San Antonio (Hartford)
Foster played 15 seasons in the NDL. Won the Seaver award in 2012 with Carolina before signing with Hartford as a free agent. Spent a decade in hitter-friendly Hartford and was a rock there. Allowed just 1 run on a HR in 18 career post-season appearances.
Spoiler!
Morgan Morrissey, RP Cleveland (Ohio/Hawaii/Carolina)
Morrssey will be my favorite nominee to track this season. He was relief pitcher, so he is facing a huge obstacle there. But when you delve into the numbers, there are some incredible stats. His 108 wins as RP rank 60th overall. A RP with 1720 career K's! That ranks 34th all-time. He is Top 5 in ERA, WHIP, OAVG, and K/9 and his 1400+ IP should not see him off the qualifying standard. Morrissey was a 5-time All-Star and won a ring with Carolina in 2012.
Spoiler!
Duncan Phelps, RP Winterfell (Las Vegas)
The all-time career saves leader makes the ballot this year as well. He spent his entire career with Las Vegas and was selected to 3 All-Star games. He registered a slew of strikeouts to go along with his saves, piling up 1267 K's in 1158 innings. His ERA ranks 10th all-time.
Spoiler!
Sam Ruppert, SP Cookeville (Chicago LOL)
Ruppert was a nomad throughout his career, spending time with 6 different franchises, but he was well-accomplished and teams were willing to pay him. Just missed 3,000 K's, finishing with 2,876. 182 wins and a 3.68 ERA were the final numbers for the 4-time All-Star and 2018 World Series winner.
Spoiler!
Lawrence Vickers, SP Colorado (New England)
If Vickers retired on his 20th birthday, his 76* wins as a teenager would still rank him near the Top 100. Came into the league as a 16-year old and posted 6 straight seasons of 16+ wins. Had a bit of a resurgence late in his career with Toronto(Miami). Had a very balanced repertoire. He could strike you out, ranking 43rd in career K's, but was also known for a very good sinker. He was Top 10 in GB% 6 times in his career.
Spoiler!
The Charts...

^^Career totals^^

^^test scores^^

A further breakdown of what the test scores entail could be found by clicking on the link.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/about ... sary.shtml

Ink tests measure leaderboard appearances. Standards score is 100 max, 50 is supposedly average HOF'er. Monitor score is suppose to tell likelihood of induction, not if deserved. 100 is very likely, 130 is a virtual cinch.

^^career ranks for batters &pitchers.^^
--Blue = top 10, green = top 25.
--Era(s) is ranking of ERA out of the 290 starters with at least 100 career NDL starts

^^ Relievers don't have a Hall of Fame standards score, as they don't have any set standards, so I put up a chart of the 5 MLB relievers in the HOF and 3 most likely to get in at the end, if you wish to compare.^^

Spoiler!
^^--162 game averages for all batters.
--Suarez's numbers include a brief 30-game stint in USBL and Shini includes 877 games in NPB & USBL. There is no way to separate those in game.
-- A chart with the 162 game averages of the last 21 batters(including Frank Thomas) inducted in MLB HOF is in spoiler tag for comparison^^
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Re: 2029 Official Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by DRiccio21 »

amazing work.

thank you
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

+1

Thanks for all your work.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I'm out of town, but if I get computer access I can do this during the week. If not, make fun of me till I get it done starting Monday next week. Deal?
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

Voted So Far (14)

San Antonio
New England
Indianapolis
Omaha
Texas
Albany
Washington
Miami
Winterfell
South Dakota
Port Orange
Boston
Alabama
Steel City
Last edited by Bernie32 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

at least one no doubter in the bunch IMO
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

ajalves wrote:at least one no doubter in the bunch IMO

Pat Johnson?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I think so.

I also thought Chris Kennedy was a no doubter last time too.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I wouldn't have Pat Johnson in my top 5 just for hitters. Then again, I usually forget to vote altogether :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:I wouldn't have Pat Johnson in my top 5 just for hitters. Then again, I usually forget to vote altogether :lol:
if u go by hof monitor hes a lock
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I place more value on peak seasons and probably less value on "compilers" than others. I don't actually think he's a compiler, hence the quotes. But you get the idea.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:I place more value on peak seasons and probably less value on "compilers" than others. I don't actually think he's a compiler, hence the quotes. But you get the idea.
I couldn't disagree more
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Baker wrote:
ajalves wrote:at least one no doubter in the bunch IMO

Pat Johnson?
yes
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I'm more of a consistency voter and if they did it for a longer period of time at a more consistent pace versus 3-5 flash in the pan seasons.

I also put stock into "were you the best at one thing" such as Kennedy as the all time leader in SB but he isn't a one trick pony has he has over 2k hits not to mention is OBP is ridiculous. Hence why I think he is a no doubter.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:I'm more of a consistency voter and if they did it for a longer period of time at a more consistent pace versus 3-5 flash in the pan seasons.
Well yea, but I'm talking guys like Guerra, Kennedy, Lopez...these guys were arguably better for basically 10+ seasons, or almost an entire career. I'll take 10+ seasons of better, give or take, over an extra 3-4 seasons on the back end.

Also, some of these guys who played 600+ less games still have higher VORP and WAR numbers than Johnson.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

It's your vote. I hear ya but I have different views on criteria as I am sure we all do.

Just plan to use your vote :)
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

Voted So Far (21)

San Antonio
New England
Indianapolis
Omaha
Texas
Albany
Washington
Miami
Winterfell
South Dakota
Port Orange
Boston
Alabama
Steel City
Philadelphia
Cleveland
Lake Elsinore
Toronto
Las Vegas
Cookeville
Detroit

Waiting On (9)
New York
Houston
Chicago
Sheltown
Vancouver
Cincinnati
Phoenix
South Park
Honolulu
Last edited by Bernie32 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Oh? We're halfway there!
ImageImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

PM sent with my votes Bernie, thanks again for all your work.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Hall of Fame”