MLB14 The SHOW NDL Season (Open for Games)

This is the place for all Baseball games played in the NDL.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Re: MLB14 The SHOW NDL Season (Open for Games)

Post by OracleHCR »

The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Indians GM here, if you have any games against us, you can PM me or hit me up on aim=jdnidle
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I have to drop out. I tried to get a game in this morning and it took me 20 minutes just to get thru 2 innings. Pitching had some to do with it but I really don't have time to spend 45 minutes and most likely over an hour with my skills on the mound. Sorry guys. I will stick with my RTTS and the quick count 10 team league for now.
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Yeah, the broadcast setup is pretty painful imo. It doesn't help that the servers are complete crap. KRG and I tried numerous times last night to get a game in. 2x we got to the 3rd/4th inning, having some good contests, only to get an error and get booted out of the game.
PSN: ReignOnU
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

ReignOnU wrote:Yeah, the broadcast setup is pretty painful imo. It doesn't help that the servers are complete crap. KRG and I tried numerous times last night to get a game in. 2x we got to the 3rd/4th inning, having some good contests, only to get an error and get booted out of the game.
Playing the CPU you can skip whatever you want, and really speed it up. But on fast play it just blasts through everything and you dont even get to see anything.

But I have yet to really see any kind of major issues online other then the 1st few minutes of gm being in the red. But it irons out after 1st half of the ing. But if you are getting some kind of error message then you are getting logged out of the SHOW servers, or whatever is happening.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Also please make sure everyone posts there 5 man rotation here viewforum.php?f=71

If you need to make changes down the road also post that and it will be updated.

And keep in mind this is SIM, So don't use your #1 every 3rd game or whenever you feel fit. Once a SP has hit 8 starts thats it. I will police this and make sure no one is doing silly stuff.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Game #1 - We got ridiculous lag and I think he got booted as I made a hit in to RF. On a few occasions after a hit, I wouldn't be able to control my first pitch or I would come back while hitting and already be down 0-1.

Game #2 - A lot of lag. Same issue with the pitching and hitting. I'm not sure what happened with him, but I got kicked completely out of the game and back to the desktop when a pitch hit the dirt. Pretty sure it was the 4th inning.

Game #3 - I tried the "wait for everything, do the 30 sec pause at the start" method. Game was a bit more smooth in terms of pitching/hitting... still had players morphing around the field, runners running up the foul line and into the outfield while running the bases and balls being thrown no where near visible players. I got kicked out of the game again, just as a hit reached the 2b, roughly the 3rd inning.

I do think that it's server side. When I was setting up my team before those games, it was painfully slow between every lineup/player movement in the franchise menus. I logged off for a bit to work on OOTP, then when I logged back on I decided to give it another look. I was able to move around the menus a lot faster (still 5-10 sec per movement) and I played a game vs the CPU without any noticeable issues.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Also please make sure everyone posts there 5 man rotation here viewforum.php?f=71

If you need to make changes down the road also post that and it will be updated.

And keep in mind this is SIM, So don't use your #1 every 3rd game or whenever you feel fit. Once a SP has hit 8 starts thats it. I will police this and make sure no one is doing silly stuff.
I tried to make it pretty sim by putting all of my games in order, in Excel, then putting my pitching rotation beside it. This way I can just look at the file and know which pitcher should be throwing which game. Gio Gonzales can suck it.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

ReignOnU wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Also please make sure everyone posts there 5 man rotation here viewforum.php?f=71

I tried to make it pretty sim by putting all of my games in order, in Excel, then putting my pitching rotation beside it. This way I can just look at the file and know which pitcher should be throwing which game. Gio Gonzales can suck it.

I love Gio. KInda sad I gave my team up. BUt the Jays have a ton of hitting
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Dodgers won the first two in comebacks (game one we had two outs in the innings, then Kershaw doubled to start a seven hit, six run rally that saw us go from 4-1 down to a 10-4 lead, then we held on to win. Puig hit a triple, double, and HR in his first three AB but couldn't get the cycle.

Second game we came back to win thanks to triples from Dee Gordon and Matt Kemp.

Games 3 and 4 our bats went cold. Game 4 we actually hit two solo HR in the top of the 9th, just to see a guy reach on error, move to third on a stupid balk, and then score on a sac fly in the bottom half.

I need my first game of the season reset, as it locked me out at the start.

Puig making an early push for MVP, with three HR in the first four games.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

I had a brutal time connecting last night to just play a CPU game. I finally get connected and then kicked out and it says the game was still in progress. I gave up and turned it off, will try again tonight.
justgiver31
Reactions:

Post by justgiver31 »

I played opening day twice, both were very fun, but failed both times. Frustrating!!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I am hearing a few people say this, so I will ask, why is this going to be a 1 and done franchise?
Are you resetting this after each season?

Why would we not keep this going for multiple seasons with all the rules in place and everything that went into setting this up?

I am asking because I want to be part of a franchise that goes on for a few seasons.
So my trades mean something more than just trying to get guys for 1 season.
If I am part of a franchise, I want to have the chance to build up my franchise.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

The_Niddler wrote:I am hearing a few people say this, so I will ask, why is this going to be a 1 and done franchise?
Are you resetting this after each season?

Why would we not keep this going for multiple seasons with all the rules in place and everything that went into setting this up?

I am asking because I want to be part of a franchise that goes on for a few seasons.
So my trades mean something more than just trying to get guys for 1 season.
If I am part of a franchise, I want to have the chance to build up my franchise.

I will explain tomorrow to you, I will text you in the am to call me.
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Opened the season on the road with against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Game 1: Went to play it, was at the team select, but backed out because I wanted to see if Beefy (Baltimore) could play instead. I back out to the schedule, see that we don't play, try to go back and play the game but it says "In Progress" and won't let me join. Only lets me select "Play AI Practice" which I imagine is not a real game, which now leaves me stuck. I need this game to be reset.

Game 2: Cain takes the mound against McCarthy in a pitchers duel. Game goes 6 scoreless innings before the wheels fall off as Cain loads the bases after some questionable calls then fucking Prado cleared them out. Giants battle back with solo jacks in the 8th & 9th but couldn't get the game tying 3rd run. Diamondbacks win 3-2

Game 3: Timmmmmmy takes the mound and gets battered around giving up 11 hits on the day, but manages to only give up 1 earned run. The Giants bats woke up with Scutaro continuing to shine going 3 of 4 with 3 RBI's just falling a triple shine of the cycle. Giants win 5-1
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

NOTE TO ALL

Do not play anything vs D-Backs until I can figure out why McCarthy is starting every game for them. Thanks VT for pointing this out.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Ryan, we can discuss if you would like, but I see your reply you made in the other thread...
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:@ Niddler - Its a yr to yr thing, Cause everyone wants the ability to move up to a different team, And now that AJ quit and left his 7th pick of Boston open would change the dynamics also. So after the 1st restart we can revisit weather to keep it running after or restart again.

So are you saying that technically we are doing multiple years, but it is being treated as a 1 year thing, because people want the ability to move around?

Obviously, this is just my opinion, I just don't agree with that.
If people want the ability to move around, they can join other franchises.

I thought this franchise was going to be the main franchise where people take a team and work on building them up and such.
If we are going to reset after each season, I don't really see the point of Free agency and trading.

People drafted teams as the draft occurred.
If we are going to allow people to change teams, that are already in the league, I am ok with that, however, then they have to deal with how the team looks as is.

As far as Boston, I would ask who would have taken them after AJ, if they were still available and if someone wants to move to them, go in that order.
If that is what you want to do.
But I would say do it now if you are going to. Not doing anything with them isn't good either.

I think about when I just joined, I didn't get to take Boston, but I was allowed any other open team, why?
Not saying that I even wanted them, you know I wanted my Indians, but either teams are open or they have an owner.

Again, just don't like the feeling that we may reset after each season. Especially when we are in a franchise.
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Giants looking to play some humans today. Damn CPU keeps breaking my heart - I need a break from them ha

Hit me up if we play
justgiver31
Reactions:

Post by justgiver31 »

The_Niddler wrote:Ryan, we can discuss if you would like, but I see your reply you made in the other thread...
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:@ Niddler - Its a yr to yr thing, Cause everyone wants the ability to move up to a different team, And now that AJ quit and left his 7th pick of Boston open would change the dynamics also. So after the 1st restart we can revisit weather to keep it running after or restart again.

So are you saying that technically we are doing multiple years, but it is being treated as a 1 year thing, because people want the ability to move around?

I thought this franchise was going to be the main franchise where people take a team and work on building them up and such.
If we are going to reset after each season, I don't really see the point of Free agency and trading.

If we are going to allow people to change teams, that are already in the league, I am ok with that, however, then they have to deal with how the team looks as is.

As far as Boston, I would ask who would have taken them after AJ, if they were still available and if someone wants to move to them, go in that order.
But I would say do it now if you are going to. Not doing anything with them isn't good either.

I think about when I just joined, I didn't get to take Boston, but I was allowed any other open team, why?
Not saying that I even wanted them, you know I wanted my Indians, but either teams are open or they have an owner.

Again, just don't like the feeling that we may reset after each season. Especially when we are in a franchise.
I was under the impression that this was a franchise league as well Niddler, not sure resetting every season is worth the time. RTTS is about progression and handling player moves, which with resetting equals no consequences with any trade or move.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

The_Niddler wrote:Ryan, we can discuss if you would like, but I see your reply you made in the other thread...

This setup was originally made for last yearts SEASON mode. Which they took out.

1. AJ quitting has ruined the whole draft already since someone else would have taken them, And what not. YOu have your other one to carry on mutiple year, Also the Fantasy end of the game is really messed up, SO I can create another franchise where we do just carry on for mutiple years. Or we can wait for a patch and go with the fantasy end of it.

But the main one will end after the playoffs are over and be deleted and restarted after.

Return to “Baseball”