Cnasty Game Reviews-PS4/XB1/WiiU

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Cnasty Game Reviews-PS4/XB1/WiiU

Post by Cnasty »

The free game for July, Rocket League,looks kind of fun and might work for them. Its like truck soccer. You drive trucks around and try to score goals on the other team. Sort of like the bike soccer we saw yesterday :lol:

Hohokum is another one. You fly this snake like creature around and pick up people like a bus. It's bright, colorful, and you can't "die" persay so it may be fun for them to fly around.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:The free game for July, Rocket League,looks kind of fun and might work for them. Its like truck soccer. You drive trucks around and try to score goals on the other team. Sort of like the bike soccer we saw yesterday
Man, that video is so good.

Kinda perfect though, one of my boys is obsessed with trucks and the other lately is obsessed with soccer. :lol:

I'll read up on it, probably pick up the PS+, and let them have at it.

I saw there was an Angry Birds game for like $15, but didn't look much into it. I know they love and are pretty good at all of the Angry BIrds Rio/Transformers/STar Wars on my phone, but I wasn't sure if this were the same exact thing(which would be pointless buy on pS4) or if it were maybe more involved and too much for a 4 year old. I'll have to check on that.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

It is pretty much the same as any Angry Birds on the phone.

Cal has been relegated to the tablet but he continually picks up the XB and PS4 controller and only a matter of time.

I am pretty tired of the people on FB that are all high and mighty with the "my kid will never play with a tablet or phone at this age" crap. Well guess what, a lot of schools now a days utilize tablets and laptops to teach their kids and as long as the device isn't baby sitting your child for hours on end everyday, where is the harm?

It seems like a level of old school thinking that doesn't match with today's learning environment and society of tech we live in.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yea, that's dumb to me. I love it and want my boys to get in on all of the device as soon as possible. I try to keep it to kid's game, learning stuff, but even something like Angry Birds, they actually understand the game so it's not just mindless stuff they playing... and at that age, even this game I think is helpful for them in learning/problem solving. I let them have my phone and my old phone for about 20 minutes a night and they probably play 10 different apps in those 20 minutes lol. It's really just about controlling what they're playing and how much they are playing, if you do that, I don't see anything at all wrong with it.

I never got into the free PS+ games so I don't have much. Granted it hasn't happened lately since I lost my games, but when I'm playing here and there, Gunner is always wanting to play NBA2K and FIFA, so I set him up on a cpu vs cpu game and let him think he's playing lol. But I want to let him start playing now.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Agreed. I control the content and he has taken over an old Amazon Fire tablet we have and Amazon has amazing additions you can turn on in terms of kids time with the device. You can set quiet hours where it shuts off automatically during a certain time period, allocate a certain number of minutes during a day before it locks down, as well as what is accessed under his specific kids log in.

It works out very well and he knows when its done, he's done.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:
shel311 wrote:I wanna play this now, just not paying $60, or even $30 for it.
How about $13?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Last-of-Us- ... 1585288296
Got this. The 1st part up to the opening credits was solid.

I literally had zero clue what the game was about, so when zombies popped up I was very meh. I've played about 30-45 minutes, gonna try a couple more sessions, but losing interest big time.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

How is that possible? It is easily one of the best Playstation games ever created, zombies or not.

I guess it just confirms its sports games or nothing for you. If you don't like the Last of Us, there isn't much better that will keep you entertained.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Cnasty wrote:It is pretty much the same as any Angry Birds on the phone.

Cal has been relegated to the tablet but he continually picks up the XB and PS4 controller and only a matter of time.

I am pretty tired of the people on FB that are all high and mighty with the "my kid will never play with a tablet or phone at this age" crap. Well guess what, a lot of schools now a days utilize tablets and laptops to teach their kids and as long as the device isn't baby sitting your child for hours on end everyday, where is the harm?

It seems like a level of old school thinking that doesn't match with today's learning environment and society of tech we live in.

Absolutely crazy to completely restrict them from using it.

Kaelyn started on kids tablet just after 1yr and was on the iPad before she was 2. She'll be 3 in a month and can find and open all of her games (mostly educational, except for 2 'dress-up' games) and can navigate to both YouTube for Kids and the regular YouTube app, to play videos. Like you're suggesting, they just need to have their time on the devices managed. She gets no more than 30min at a time and an hour in a full day. I think the interactive learning stuff is a huge reason why she's doing as well as she is now.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:How is that possible? It is easily one of the best Playstation games ever created, zombies or not.

I guess it just confirms its sports games or nothing for you. If you don't like the Last of Us, there isn't much better that will keep you entertained.
It's early and I'm obviously jumping the "gun" here, but it's starting out like every other one...all you do is run around and shoot people with a little story mixed in. But otherwise, the extend of my actions and what I do is the same over and over again(compared to other games I've tried as well in the past). I just get bored. I admittedly don't have suggestions for what else the game could add to be more enjoyable for me, I just know running around and fighting or shooting guys in the same fashion gets old after about 30 minutes for me, every time.

Granted, you could argue playing FIFA or 2K is the same thing over and over, but it's...uhh..different!!! :lol:
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ReignOnU wrote:
Cnasty wrote:It is pretty much the same as any Angry Birds on the phone.

Absolutely crazy to completely restrict them from using it.

Kaelyn started on kids tablet just after 1yr and was on the iPad before she was 2. She'll be 3 in a month and can find and open all of her games (mostly educational, except for 2 'dress-up' games) and can navigate to both YouTube for Kids and the regular YouTube app, to play videos. Like you're suggesting, they just need to have their time on the devices managed. She gets no more than 30min at a time and an hour in a full day. I think the interactive learning stuff is a huge reason why she's doing as well as she is now.

We have iPad carts and MacBook Air carts in our Elementaries and Jr. High and High School and we are here in the middle of no where.
I see nothing wrong with my kid learning to use technology at a young age.
It is different if you use it as a babysitter and never pay attention to your child, but to let them use it to learn, nothing wrong.

And don't get me wrong, in the car, during a road trip, this is not using it as a babysitter, this is keeping everyone sane during the ride!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

It's probably equally negaative to completely restrict kids from phones/tablets as it is to give the free run over it with no supervision, at least a young age.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

shel311 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:How is that possible? It is easily one of the best Playstation games ever created, zombies or not.

It's early and I'm obviously jumping the "gun" here, but it's starting out like every other one...all you do is run around and shoot people with a little story mixed in. But otherwise, the extend of my actions and what I do is the same over and over again(compared to other games I've tried as well in the past). I just get bored. I admittedly don't have suggestions for what else the game could add to be more enjoyable for me, I just know running around and fighting or shooting guys in the same fashion gets old after about 30 minutes for me, every time.

Granted, you could argue playing FIFA or 2K is the same thing over and over, but it's...uhh..different!!! :lol:
I hear ya but it doesn't seem like anything outside of sports games may be a fun try for you. Have you ever played a non-sports game you enjoyed?
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote:It's probably equally negaative to completely restrict kids from phones/tablets as it is to give the free run over it with no supervision, at least a young age.

I think that's a pretty fair statement.
PSN: ReignOnU
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Shel, if you still have a Roku, then you get Angry Birds on there for free

Also, check out Plants v Zombies on PS4, it's a fun game for all ages and something they can easily learn and you can play with them.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I actually found myself playling Rocket League for about 45 minutes straight lol. Not really a game the kids can actually plan and do well with, but it's certainly something they can have a blast just holding R2 and driving around in circles.

As for Last of Us, I've reached the next point of these games that annoy me. I don't play em often, so I'm not very good at them, so I find myself either in spots where I just don't know what to do or where to go. Or I find myself fighting 4 or 5 zombies, and I keep dying over and over and over. I usually just quit there and pick up later, as I get bored with having to do stuff over and over, or just not knowing where to go.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

as y'alls boys get older, dont forget about the "backyard" series of games backyard baseball, football, soccer.....had a ton of good times playing those with my oldest, nephew and step during the 2-3 year period when they were into them. actually kinda fun games

i only played them on pc though, but i heard the consoles ones were decent
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

shel311 wrote:As for Last of Us, I've reached the next point of these games that annoy me. I don't play em often, so I'm not very good at them, so I find myself either in spots where I just don't know what to do or where to go. Or I find myself fighting 4 or 5 zombies, and I keep dying over and over and over. I usually just quit there and pick up later, as I get bored with having to do stuff over and over, or just not knowing where to go.
If you absolutely get stuck somewhere go to youtube and they have game walk throughs that can help you through some spots if you absolutely need to. Sure no one likes to give up and resort to that but if it helps you get to the next part of the game and enjoy it, why not.

I just started replaying it again as I didn't even realize it was next in my GF queue. It's so good and looks so much better on the PS4.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

I just finished the main story of batman arkham night. very good.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Got my HORI steering wheel for the PS4 last night, so will finally get into Project CARS
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Uuaww wrote:I just finished the main story of batman arkham night. very good.
Im 41% done and its already super awesome. Story is a little stagnant with Poison Ivy right now, never been a fan of her character, but I know it will pick up.

All the stuff with the Joker is hilarious and awesome.

Return to “Playstation”