Finally. Map pack info released unofficially.

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Finally. Map pack info released unofficially.

Post by BFiVL »

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/01/10/ ... or-ghosts/

UPDATE: The same user has tweeted saying the release date was Jan 28th on the poster.

A new image has been posted into to Twitter, and it appears to reveal the contents of the first DLC pack for Ghosts. We know the name of the pack is Onslaught, but the exact info hasn’t been revealed.

According to the image, Onslaught will bring ‘Fog’, ‘Ignition’, ‘Containment’, and ‘Bayview’ MP maps; a bonus ‘Maverick AR & Sniper Rifle’; Episode 1: Nightfall for Extinction.

We’re waiting to hear some official news from Activision in the near future.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Finally. Map pack info released unofficially.

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Was it extinction that we played where the aliens were coming at us
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Yes. Extinction was the alien mode where we couldn't figure what side you were on. Ours or the aliens. :lol:
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote:Yes. Extinction was the alien mode where we couldn't figure what side you were on. Ours or the aliens. :lol:
That's BS, I am the perfect partner. I am a drill dropping SOB
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Activison has just announced and revealed the first details on Onslaught DLC. It’ll be available Jan 28th on Xbox. They’ve also confirmed Ignition is a remake of Scrapyard.

The first map, “Fog,” is a small to medium sized map set alongside the banks of a murky lake. Every area within “Fog” is a chilling homage to classic horror films, from an eerie campsite, flickering TVs, torture chamber, and seemingly abandoned structures as players try to unlock the map’s dark secret. If a player happens to find and complete a specific Field Order, they become the embodiment of evil and don the persona of one of cinema’s most iconic horror characters, Michael Myers. Additionally, the entire soundscape changes to the eerily familiar Halloween Theme music so other players know to run for their lives. Next is “BayView,” a close-quarters map set on a coastal Californian boardwalk packed with seaside gift stores and an aquarium, offering players fast-paced run-and-gun matches. Players must also be wary of the deadly artillery strike enemies can call-in from a Naval Destroyer anchored just offshore.

The third map “Containment,” transports players to a war-torn Mexican village, where the battle rages along both banks of the dried out riverbed. The action in this compact map centers on the remains of a small bridge holding a hi-jacked truck filled with leaking radioactive material. Surrounded by a myriad of abandoned bars, cafes, a church and a pool hall, “Containment” also features elevated rooftop vantage points for players who prefer longer-range engagements. Onslaught’s fourth map “Ignition,” launches players into an aging Florida space launch facility. Inspired by “Scrapyard” – the fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2, reimagined with dynamic gameplay elements – “Ignition” packs plenty of action both above and below ground amongst abandoned warehouses, flame trenches, and a massive transport crawler. As if rockets crash-landing into the map weren’t enough, the close-quarters combat is further complicated via two separate rocket test engines sites that opposing forces can trigger, sending massive fireballs into the already intense firefights, and the failed launch of a massive rocket has a dramatic effect on the combat.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught also arms players with a deadly new addition to the Call of Duty: Ghosts’ weapons arsenal with the “Maverick,” a dual-purpose Assault Rifle or Sniper Rifle that players can choose how to use depending on their tactical needs – a first for Call of Duty. Outfitted with a lightweight wood stock this weapon can be selected in either the Assault or the Sniper Rifle class. As an Assault Rifle the weapon’s fire rate becomes fully-automatic with high damage at a decent range, and as a Sniper Rifle the “Maverick” sports an advanced scope and a semi-auto rate of fire.

Included in Call of Duty: Ghosts’ initial DLC Pack is the first installment in Extinction’s four-part episodic narrative, “Episode 1: Nightfall.” Introducing a narrative driven by two new characters, and featuring two all-new alien species and an exclusive weapon, “Episode 1: Nightfall” is a fast and frenetic, action-packed continuation of the original Extinction experience in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Set in a remote facility hidden deep within the Alaskan wilderness, the shadowy Nightfall Program has been researching the origins of the newly revealed alien threat. A small recon team of elite soldiers must infiltrate the site to retrieve intel and exterminate the hordes of savage creatures, and along the way uncover a three-story tall terror unlike anything they’ve faced before.
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

I want the mask.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Which one is the real Sting?

BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

I also want Ted to shit his pants.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

BIGmike wrote:I also want Ted to shit his pants.
Michael Myers plus a dog equals Ted not sleeping......ever.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

When is the PS4 release
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/01/27/ ... -gameplay/

3 vids of the maps. The fog vid has some game mode called grind. No clue.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

I hope these maps are better. After playing some over the weekend, I've confirmed that the current maps suck ass. No signature maps, one or two decent maps, and the rest can fuck off.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Hoos wrote:I hope these maps are better. After playing some over the weekend, I've confirmed that the current maps suck ass. No signature maps, one or two decent maps, and the rest can fuck off.

All the maps are avg at best for domination. For infected, the awful maps like siege are very good.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Also are you not getting my chat and game invites. 8-)
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

BFiVL wrote:
Hoos wrote:I hope these maps are better. After playing some over the weekend, I've confirmed that the current maps suck ass. No signature maps, one or two decent maps, and the rest can fuck off.

All the maps are avg at best for domination. For infected, the awful maps like siege are very good.
Yea, I could see that. I forget the maps support other modes. Most are just terrible TDM maps. You rarely even finish a game on Siege or that castle map because they are too big and everybody hides all damn game.

I can’t even really blame anybody for hiding because thermal is now so prevalent that anytime you run into the open you can kiss your balls goodbye. People are just sitting on every corner with thermal. :|
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

BFiVL wrote:Also are you not getting my chat and game invites. 8-)
I don't have your fancy PS4 COD box.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Hoos wrote:
BFiVL wrote:Also are you not getting my chat and game invites. 8-)
I don't have your fancy PS4 COD/NBA/Netflix/soon to be WWE box.

Fixed.

Ask your wife for the money.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

There are no games for the PS4.

The new South Park game will only be on the PS3.

I will stick with the PS3 until games start to come out for the PS4.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

those maps look just as bad as the ones we have already.

plus , I thought we used to get 4...
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Hoos wrote:There are no games for the PS4.

The new South Park game will only be on the PS3.

I will stick with the PS3 until games start to come out for the PS4.

So she said no. Got it

Return to “Shooters”