Random Discussions

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Random Discussions

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:19 pm How much do you "cut the cord" guys pay for subscriptions? We have Disney+ with all the other things and Amazon Prime.
nothing. $25 and I get those appletv/disney/netflix/etc with it
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:43 pm
cougnix wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:19 pm How much do you "cut the cord" guys pay for subscriptions? We have Disney+ with all the other things and Amazon Prime.
We're talking people actually acquiring things legitimately and not stealing here.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Probably more than I would have because I'm too lazy to cancel stuff we don't really need.
YouTubeTV $85 - Sports pack, plus I paid the 1x for NBA League Pass
Netflix $19 - Kids/wife/MIL use it
Disney $9 - My wife randomly added it back 2 months ago, probably don't need it
Peacock $5 - WWE content, replaced WWE Network... I watch the PPVs, so $60 per year is a great value IMO
Apple One $20 - TBH, I'm not even sure that we use 1 element of it enough to justify half of this value. Maybe the storage?
Amazon Prime - However you value it in the base Prime subscription
PSN: ReignOnU
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Plus after subscriptions you end up paying internet? I've always considered the no cable options. My wife wouldn't be able to do much with it. She can't even get back to cable when the boys use PS4 or switch.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

dakshdar wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:03 pm
We're talking people actually acquiring things legitimately and not stealing here.
Is IPTV legal in the USA? Yes, IPTV is legal in the U.S. as long as the provider you're streaming from has purchased the appropriate licenses for the streamed content and is not infringing any copyright laws.Dec 9, 2020
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

cougnix wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:07 pm Plus after subscriptions you end up paying internet? I've always considered the no cable options. My wife wouldn't be able to do much with it. She can't even get back to cable when the boys use PS4 or switch.
I don't include the internet cost because I need that for work / kids school / gaming anyway.
PSN: ReignOnU
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:02 pm
Is IPTV legal in the USA? Yes, IPTV is legal in the U.S. as long as the provider you're streaming from has purchased the appropriate licenses for the streamed content and is not infringing any copyright laws.Dec 9, 2020
you think having access to all PPV's isn't infringing any copyright laws?

i'm not on the dak moral police here, but its certainly illegal to have access to ppv's without, ya know, papering views
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

“Stealing”
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

There is zero chance that service has any kind of deal in place with those companies to provide those channels/services.

It will be interesting where it goes in the US. Several European countries have started fining providers and users.

In terms of when we don't have cable:

YouTubeTV ($65)
Internet ($55)

When we have cable - during baseball season for my wife's Dodgers:

$150 for cable + internet

All year we have Disney+ Bundle, Netflix, and we Prime (if you want to count that since I already had Prime before they had a streaming service).
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:27 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:02 pm
you think having access to all PPV's isn't infringing any copyright laws?

i'm not on the dak moral police here, but its certainly illegal to have access to ppv's without, ya know, papering views
That's on them (IPTV providers), I just pay for a service and get access to those things. I have zero qualm with using the service
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:55 pm

That's on them (IPTV providers), I just pay for a service and get access to those things. I have zero qualm with using the service
Do you really believe that?

So if someone carjacks an Amazon delivery truck you're cool buying stolen goods from them? Because that's what's happening here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

dakshdar wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:39 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:55 pm

Do you really believe that?

So if someone carjacks an Amazon delivery truck you're cool buying stolen goods from them? Because that's what's happening here.
I've bought steaks that has fallen off the back of the truck, and I'm okay with it
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

If cable services went a la carte I would go that route. I'm tired of paying for services that I don't want or need.
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:40 pm
shel311 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:34 pm
The_Niddler wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:59 am Dofusports app for the win

If the game you want to watch has a youtube feed, you click on that, it opens youtube on your phone/device.
Then go to your smart tv, open up your youtube app, go down to history and it will show in the youtube app on your tv.
Click and enjoy!
Trying this app now. There's a college football game on. There is a YouTube link for it but when I click on it it takes me to the Pluto app.
www.blarghentertainment.com FTW. You get every channel out there and all the PPV's, NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL ticket for $25/month.

Couple of others out there as well, search top IPTV providers
Dofusports is free and you also get the PPVs, just fyi.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

DRiccio21 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Beautiful
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

dakshdar wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:39 pm I work for Northrop - we're the prime contractor for the Webb telescope. So, NASA is "in charge" for the satellite but we basically did all the design, analysis, and build (with other subcontractors).
Rocket rolled out to the pad today. One day of preps and should be ready to launch Christmas morning (~7:20 am EST).

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

That's cool as hell!
ImageImageImage
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Hell yes Joe
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Really cool man.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Just because there hasn't been a post in here in 2 months doesn't mean we're skipping NDL tradition... Merry Christmas!!!

Return to “Off Topic Forum”