Battlefield 4!

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
trendon
Reactions:

Battlefield 4!

Post by trendon »

I has.

Who else has?
cougnix
Reactions:

Re: Battlefield 4!

Post by cougnix »

How is?

Demo seemed like same 'ol shit...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

cougnix wrote:How is?

Demo seemed like same 'ol shit...
Just got home, watched you blow it versus Cincinnati (like I would never, ever do), about to take a shit, and then will play. I thought the demo/beta was same ol' [good] shit with some unique additions. Let's see how it plays out. The last time I was excited about a shooter was Modern Warfare 3 and, one week later, I was playing Battlefield 3.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Pretty damn good, I must say. Firefights are fucking insane and the sound is incredible. I was running towards the objective and my teammates were in a transport helicopter with the miniguns blaring. Weather is a (enjoyable) fucking nuisance. I am trying to fire my gun in a tropical storm that suddenly broke out; it went from mild to tropical storm, which was kinda cool.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

I cant recall, is battefield online only?
tball275
Reactions:

Post by tball275 »

It has a campaign mode, too.

I haven't played Battlefield in a long time, but tried out the new game early this morning. It's tough, much different than COD. I like the larger-scale maps though.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

tball275 wrote:It has a campaign mode, too.

I haven't played Battlefield in a long time, but tried out the new game early this morning. It's tough, much different than COD. I like the larger-scale maps though.
I really think Battlefield has outdone Call of Duty in gameplay, but with only 4 person parties it's tough to get everyone together. It's possible to play all 16 on the same team, but you can't communicate with all of them, only the 3 others in your party.
ImageImage

ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

cougnix wrote:

I really think Battlefield has outdone Call of Duty in gameplay, but with only 4 person parties it's tough to get everyone together. It's possible to play all 16 on the same team, but you can't communicate with all of them, only the 3 others in your party.

doesnt PS4 have cross party chat though?
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

ajalves wrote:
cougnix wrote:

doesnt PS4 have cross party chat though?
I think it is supposed to right?

Trendon, can you confirm because I don't remember. Can't you "party up" in a room and jump from one party to another at the lobby screen? So potentially you could get everyone together in parties of greater than 4 that way.

Good point AJ.
ImageImage

ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

im still conflicted what to do about this game. I am 100% getting ghosts.

this obviously is visually stunning and has vehicles, etc etc. But i enjoy the arcade like shooter of COD.

currently have it reserved for PS4, not sure what i'll do yet
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

ajalves wrote:im still conflicted what to do about this game. I am 100% getting ghosts.

this obviously is visually stunning and has vehicles, etc etc. But i enjoy the arcade like shooter of COD.

currently have it reserved for PS4, not sure what i'll do yet
I'm the same. I got Battlefield 3 but everyone on my friends list except Trendon played COD. I used to have a group of guys that would play Battlefield 2, but they all stopped playing games. It is tough going back and forth between them. At least it was for me.
ImageImage

LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I'm interested in this game but I've never played a Battlefield game. I've always stuck with the known quantity. Plus everyone I played with plays COD.
6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

I played BF3,, but at times I hated the vehicles.. But there was a lot of things to like.. like blowing up a sniper nest, and completely taking out the building they were in.

But it does play very different then your run and gun of COD.. So it I do believe it would be very difficult to be effective at both at the same time.. due to their difference in playstyle. Unless you just have freakish aiming ability, no matter what you play.
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

Not getting ghosts. Getting killzone and maybe this. Videos for this game look great.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

sixpackdan101 wrote:Not getting ghosts. Getting killzone and maybe this. Videos for this game look great.
:lol:
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

I'm waiting for PS4 but I'll be playing this as well.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

sixpackdan101 wrote:Not getting ghosts. Getting killzone and maybe this. Videos for this game look great.
Come on Dan. You really leaving the A-team? Ted is more than suitable replacement but you will be slightly missed.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Killzone? gimme a break...."hey, i just got killed by someone who is completely invisible and just walked right up to me...."
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

ajalves wrote:Killzone? gimme a break...."hey, i just got killed by someone who is completely invisible and just walked right up to me...."
Yeah, that's when I stopped playing that too. Take away that perk and I think I would have played alot longer.
ImageImage

ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

cougnix wrote:
ajalves wrote:Killzone? gimme a break...."hey, i just got killed by someone who is completely invisible and just walked right up to me...."
Yeah, that's when I stopped playing that too. Take away that perk and I think I would have played alot longer.

i would have gave it a legit fair shake too.....once that happened though, count me out

Return to “Shooters”