Disney Infinity

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
Downing11
Reactions:

Disney Infinity

Post by Downing11 »

Anyone have this for their kid(s)?

My daughter wanted it and saved up her money to buy the starter pack for it on the Wii U. Kind of a cool concept and can get expensive but the add on characters are perfect for birthday and Xmas gifts. They also have these power disc add on things that you buy blind in 2 packs. We only have 3 discs so far but I can see us getting doubles eventually and if anyone else here has them I was thinking we could trade. The characters and power discs are not platform specific, just the game itself and the base that the characters go on.

Anwyays, just though I'd throw it out there.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Disney Infinity

Post by Nole4real »

great game, effffff todays app/gaming market where you cant just buy a game and play it anymore

its all the dadgum add-ons where they try to get even more money out of you.

Infinity is taken from the skylanders method of operation but instead of just buying charachters you have to buy "worlds" AND the characters

The worlds are basically just different levels....so its like they said..."yeah, we could make a game with a cars world, pirates of the carib world, a monsters inc world and an "Incredibles" world...we can build in all the characters easily so the kids have choices BUT WAIT.....if we sell them just the pirates world and characters, then make them spend another $30 for EACH world then another $10-15 for EACh charachter...we can make a KILLING!!"

I hate it in principle but with that being said, I bought a unit for my house (stepson and when my daughters are there) and 1 for their moms house. We're only buying 1 set of characters for each though and they have to trade back and forth.

Still effing expesnive

(The kids do love the game(s) though)
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Yeah, I was reading up a bit on it and it seems that to completely unlock some of the levels, you need all of the characters. So for the incredibles, you need all 5 characters, even though you can only play 2 characters at once. That isn't going to happen, haha. My parents and my in laws are always looking for small things to get them for birthday and Christmas, so that is probably how they will get most of these eventually.

The cool thing about the Wii U version, is that if you are playing solo, you don't need the TV, you can play right on the handheld.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

I am getting my girls the WiiU for Christmas. Getting the Mario games first though.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

ChampDizzle wrote:I am getting my girls the WiiU for Christmas. Getting the Mario games first though.
The Super Mario one is really good. Haven't gotten the Luigi one. Lego Undercover is good too.

Return to “Playstation”