No more NCAA

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Re: No more NCAA

Post by mbyrd75 »

Wcw vs nwo and goldeneye on N64. Ahh I miss those days
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

EA signs new college football deal
July 19, 2013 11:38AM PDT

Electronic Arts and the Collegiate Licensing Company have agreed to a new and nonexclusive three-year deal that will allow EA to continue to make new college football games.

The agreement, first reported by Joystiq, was confirmed to GameSpot by the CLC. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

It will take effect next July and gives EA the rights to use "more than 150 colleges, conferences, and bowl games" in its franchise. It is not clear if any schools have chosen not to participate.

The full statement is below.

"I can confirm that CLC, as trademark licensing agent for schools, conferences and bowls, has signed a three-year extension of the license agreement with EA, extending its rights to include their logos, trademarks, stadiums, mascots, and other school-specific indicia in a College Football Video Game that EA produces and sells," the representative said. "More than 150 colleges, conferences, and Bowl Games have approved the extension thus far."

The new agreement comes just two days after the NCAA announced that it would not renew its licensing agreement with EA Sports, citing "current business climate and costs of litigation."

EA is currently developing a new college football game for next-generation platforms the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, though details on the game have not been announced.

NCAA Football 14 launched earlier this month for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

nonexclusive three-year deal

Will be interesting to see if 2K or anyone else makes one to try to compete with EA on college football games.

Definitely good news though.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

The_Niddler wrote:nonexclusive three-year deal

Will be interesting to see if 2K or anyone else makes one to try to compete with EA on college football games.

How could a company not try to step in this arena? There is a market. There is a market with a futrated demographic to target. Basically, build a good product and you can steal the incumbents revenue. I understand that cost, research, and level of effort to make a sports game is immense but a company that already has a sports engine like 2k could consider this a low risk attempt to steal a large group of users specially those that already on their nuits about BBALL. Maybe Im just crazy, but they are losing out on lots of potential cash. If they just dump one of their wort selling games like The Darkness and push dev money to NCAA, they could double that games profit 2 fold with their first release.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

texasfan4444 wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:nonexclusive three-year deal

How could a company not try to step in this arena? There is a market. There is a market with a futrated demographic to target. Basically, build a good product and you can steal the incumbents revenue. I understand that cost, research, and level of effort to make a sports game is immense but a company that already has a sports engine like 2k could consider this a low risk attempt to steal a large group of users specially those that already on their nuits about BBALL. Maybe Im just crazy, but they are losing out on lots of potential cash. If they just dump one of their wort selling games like The Darkness and push dev money to NCAA, they could double that games profit 2 fold with their first release.
I couldn't agree more! I really do hope they try it out, I'd try it out. If they put out something that blew EA's game out of the water, they'd be set. I haven't heard much about if they are trying to develop a college game, but I would imagine they knew about this expiration of the exclusive license deal with EA and hopefully are trying their luck at it. It's been 10+ years of us buying the same game over and over. Im ready.
BigStimpin
Reactions:

Post by BigStimpin »

You guys are spoiled, and when you finally get what your asking for it'll be then that you realize it.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

BigStimpin wrote:You guys are spoiled, and when you finally get what your asking for it'll be then that you realize it.
What does that mean?
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

BigStimpin wrote:You guys are spoiled, and when you finally get what your asking for it'll be then that you realize it.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nick wrote:
:lol:
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Perfect post nick.

swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

The_Niddler wrote:Perfect post nick.

:lol: :lol:
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

shel311 wrote:If you guys can hold off Mike for 2 more seasons/cups, I can retire as the most decorated NDLer of all time. It certainly won't be me stopping him this year. :lol:
4>3

Cup Titles dont count :P

ok, they do :cry:
BigStimpin
Reactions:

Post by BigStimpin »

ajalves wrote:
nick wrote:

It ain't easy being BigStimpin.
phreakk
Reactions:

Post by phreakk »

Didn't realize there was another no body suing EA and NCAA http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... jor-hurdle
Aim- Daphreakk3
PSN- Phreakksshow
# 4 game- 908 523 8710
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

no more ncaa might be a good thing at this point. might be the worst version of ncaa i've ever played. offense is on a track while the defense plays in mud
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

They will come out with a tuning update.
Just hang in there.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

The_Niddler wrote:They will come out with a tuning update.
Just hang in there.
thats the problem. shouldnt be necessary, just make a complete game to begin with.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

swellvermin wrote:
Just hang in there.
thats the problem. shouldnt be necessary, just make a complete game to begin with.
its a cost thing, why pay a bunch of guys money to test a game when you can release it and have thousands test it and then fix it it later.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I agree with you when they put the game out and big items are wrong or not working.
But I work in the software industry, not gaming, but I am sure it works the same as far as QA testing and such.

Things get missed. It happens.
We are putting out fixes for defects quite often and we are one of the leaders in the insurance industry.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Uuaww wrote:
swellvermin wrote:
Just hang in there.
its a cost thing, why pay a bunch of guys money to test a game when you can release it and have thousands test it and then fix it it later.

And this is simply not true.
They have a QA department.

Maybe it was someone new they put on testing NCAA, maybe they had to fire a few people.
We have no idea, we do not work there.
But I can imagine some of the craziness.

Return to “Playstation”