2023 Hall of Fame Voting Results

Hall of Fame stuff goes here. The home of Bernie!

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick, ReignOnU, Bernie32

ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: 2023 Hall of Fame Voting Results

Post by ajalves »

Cnasty wrote:Great point

All of us would have done a ton differently I am sure.

i would have for sure. sometimes ill check out a player and see they were drafted in "round 38" of the innagural draft. and theyre STUDS. the draft was loaded
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

ajalves wrote:
Whittness10 wrote:I don't know much of the history, but the first every player in a league should be an automatic HOF imo

Knowing what he knows now about the players, ages and position importance, I am purely specualting but i doubt shel would have picked him #1 with a do over.

purely a guess
You all are right. Maybe he wouldn't have went in the first round. Maybe he wasn't that good. But from a history standpoint, whether he sucked or not, he was still the first player officially in the league. That has to stand for something right?
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Whittness10 wrote:
ajalves wrote:
Whittness10 wrote:I don't know much of the history, but the first every player in a league should be an automatic HOF imo

Knowing what he knows now about the players, ages and position importance, I am purely specualting but i doubt shel would have picked him #1 with a do over.

purely a guess
You all are right. Maybe he wouldn't have went in the first round. Maybe he wasn't that good. But from a history standpoint, whether he sucked or not, he was still the first player officially in the league. That has to stand for something right?

yeah, believe me, ill never forget the guys name. Then again maybe we're being ridiculously hard on these guys and putting too much regard into the HOF. Im guilty. I voted for none of them.

I just havent been blown away by anyone.

i had a closer on there a few seasons ago who retired as the NDL saves leader with like maybe 275 or something. I couldnt even bring myself to vote him in.

Part of me wants the 1st guy in to be "memorable"....very stupid, i know....but whatever

in the end you're probably right
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

a good addition might be a real world comparison for each player when they are presented.

a guy like Ryan Parker was basically a slightly less version Tony Gwynn playing 2b. presented in that light, i think he may have got a few more votes.

just a thought
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Thats a good point. I think it is just like AJ said. Everyone wants that first player to be "memorable" or "special", and we are all being stingy with who we want to vote in. But with that being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and their own vote. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. That's why we all have a vote.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:

purely a guess
Wasn't Jaime Cruz in that draft as well? So yea.

Though I don't think that changes Whit's thought process though.

14 years later, dude was the first player ever taken, that alone has significance. Then when you throw in, he's right around a top 10 hitter in our 14 year history, IMO, he's an automatic HOFer.

But I also think Parker and Elliot were 1st ballot automatic guys too, clearly....though they clearly weren't :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Whittness10 wrote:Thats a good point. I think it is just like AJ said. Everyone wants that first player to be "memorable" or "special", and we are all being stingy with who we want to vote in. But with that being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and their own vote. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. That's why we all have a vote.
WHat killed Rojas is sticking around too long lol.

For the 1st 5 years in the league, Rojas was pretty close to the most popular/talked about player in our league, I'd say top 3 for sure.

Even though he's not now and hasn't been relevant for a while, I would say he is certainly a memorable player, one of the most memorable in our 13 or however many seasons we've played.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:he's right around a top 10 hitter in our 14 year history

.298 hitter with 230 HRs and 810 RBIs isnt top ten IMO

now....he was one of the better hitters during the few years he played. Granted its not his fault he was drafted at 29.

to me its similar to a guy who is a stud and suffers a career ending inury ......

I understand you pulling for your boy though :)
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
shel311 wrote:he's right around a top 10 hitter in our 14 year history

.298 hitter with 230 HRs and 810 RBIs isnt top ten IMO

now....he was one of the better hitters during the few years he played. Granted its not his fault he was drafted at 29.

to me its similar to a guy who is a stud and suffers a career ending inury ......

I understand you pulling for your boy though :)
He's like 12th in career VORP and 13th in career WAR so my assessment is pretty close, whether he's my boy or not...but he definitely is :lol:

Also, 12th career in slugging, 8th in OPS. 17th and 25th in the less important HR/RBI categories. 60th in the least important avg category.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

woah woah.

top 10 hitter ?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:woah woah.

top 10 hitter ?
Non-pitcher, based on career, he's close.

He's had a fringe top 10 career in terms of position players. show that it's not a crazy thought Mr. Woah Woah. :lol:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:

top 10 hitter ?

He's had a fringe top 10 career in terms of position players. show that it's not a crazy thought Mr. Woah Woah. :lol:

Im just not seeing it for me. Had he started playing at 22 or 23 whenever guys start playing (or even produced the last 5 years of his career similar to the others) then he'd be a shoe in for me.

Putting a guy in because of a solid 5 year stretch (2 fantastic years, 3 very good years)

Hey, look, he's a former Hawks too ....so i hear ya :D
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

shel311 wrote:

top 10 hitter ?

there are only a handful of people who have played a full 10-15 year career.

so being near the top isn't as important as what the production actually was, imo
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

He is andres gallaraga during his Colorado Rockies career.

Pretty close and someone I thought of as he strikes me.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

rankings based on retired players

Rojas:
hits - 15th
doubles - 12th
triples - 13th
home runs - 7th
rbis - 9th
runs - 5th
walks - 5th
strike outs - 4th

thats just retired guys lol. so ya..
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nick wrote:rankings based on retired players

Rojas:
hits - 15th
doubles - 12th
triples - 13th
home runs - 7th
rbis - 9th
runs - 5th
walks - 5th
strike outs - 4th

which side are you on here?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
nick wrote:rankings based on retired players

Rojas:
hits - 15th
doubles - 12th
triples - 13th
home runs - 7th
rbis - 9th
runs - 5th
walks - 5th
strike outs - 4th

We're in a unique situation with the start up obviously.
which side are you on here?
He's on yours, pretty sure.

Is there any way to sort through stats of ALL players on the program? I mean, the same way you can sort through this season's stats, and view all of the advanced stats as well?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Also, where do you go on the game or wherever to see stats for current players or just retired players?
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

shel311 wrote:Also, where do you go on the game or wherever to see stats for current players or just retired players?
Click on recently retired players. There are tabs for retired and retired & active players.

You probably want to set a filter or it will show you every guy with even 1 at bat. Also, you need to change scope to ndl. No way to save that though. Its a pain everytime you go offscreen, you have to change it back
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Bernie32 wrote:
shel311 wrote:Also, where do you go on the game or wherever to see stats for current players or just retired players?
Click on recently retired players. There are tabs for retired and retired & active players.

You probably want to set a filter or it will show you every guy with even 1 at bat. Also, you need to change scope to ndl. No way to save that though. Its a pain everytime you go offscreen, you have to change it back
On the game?

When I go to view all players in the league, top right I see a checkbox to include retired players, but I don't see where I can see only retired guys.

And the main thing, if I'm clicking on stats, it's all zeros now because of the start of the season, how would I set that to career stats?

Return to “Hall of Fame”