Aliens!!! Someone call Will Smith!

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Aliens!!! Someone call Will Smith!

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Nole will have to take a day off from work after seeing this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X96xI1gLdQ[/youtube]

Here's an article about it. A "double-processed image" sounds like a fairly week excuse to me. Personally I think it's the ship from Sunshine going to reignite the sun and save us all.
Did NASA spot an alien spaceship near Mercury?
A massive flying object flashes near the planet and then vanishes — sending UFO enthusiasts into a frenzy

posted on December 9, 2011, at 2:25 PM

The bright spot just below Mercury has some conspiracy theorists convinced that there's a giant alien spacecraft hanging out in our solar system.

The video: UFO believers are touting new evidence that E.T. is out there. Video taken by NASA's STEREO spacecraft (watch it below) shows a giant, glowing object mysteriously appearing alongside Mercury before vanishing completely. Some viewers are convinced that what NASA cameras captured is actually a gigantic alien spaceship. "It definitely looks like a ship to me, and very obviously, it's cloaked," says YouTube user siniXster in a viral video.

The reaction: "Is that a giant alien death star ship parked over by Mercury? asks Hamilton Nolan at Gawker. No, it's not. "Professional scientists" explain that it's "actually an image of Mercury itself, which appears due to the way the telescope imagery is double-processed to enhance its clarity." Yes, sorry to be a killjoy, says Ian O'Neill at Discovery News. But "sadly for siniXster, conspiracy theorists, ufologists, and Star Trek buffs, there's no Klingons off Mercury's starboard bow." I blame those "pesky scientists." Why must "they have an answer for everything?
http://theweek.com/article/briefing_blo ... s-of-space

Return to “Off Topic Forum”