Season 25 Teams Kept....

Block M
Reactions:

Re: Season 25 Teams Kept....

Post by Block M »

trendon wrote:Thank the heavens I have a soft spot for the University of Buffalo (and, for a spell, was infatuated with Matt Grothe) because we are pushing thirty seasons without Nebraska.
It gets better Trendon, this year a handful of teams have a third option for socks. Black, white, and team color....and Buffalo is one of them. Nebraska who? You've got it all at Buffalo.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

I have never bought a single ticket to a UB game; all I bought was a t-shirt. In 2007. Since then, I get invited to all sorts of alumni dinners (I did donate $50 a couple of years ago) and get offered to fly out for a game. Nebraska never does this shit and I've been to 9 or ten of their games!

So, I got that going for me. I am a VIP at UB!

Edit: Fly out at a flat rate; not for free. Didn't mean to say it like that. It's Buffalo, not Vegas.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Wait, you donated $50, and now Buffalo is asking you to fly out and watch a game? :shock:
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

shel311 wrote:Wait, you donated $50, and now Buffalo is asking you to fly out and watch a game? :shock:
Even before that. I bought a fucking t-shirt and, a few weeks later, was offered some deal to fly out for a Ball State game by some girl. Then they'd call me every so often with alumni dinner meetups in NYC. I'd tell them I didn't go to UB and they say that it is for anybody who supports UB football. It is cool, but strange. If I didn't change my number last year, I bet they'd be calling any day now to get me to buy season tickets and tell me I am "an important part of the program."
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Where did you buy this tshirt?

These kinds of things ONLY happen to Trendon.

I've bought a million LSU shirts in my life, no girl has ever called me asking to fly out to Baton Rouge because I bought a Honey Badger tshirt. :lol:
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

shel311 wrote:Where did you buy this tshirt?

These kinds of things ONLY happen to Trendon.

I've bought a million LSU shirts in my life, no girl has ever called me asking to fly out to Baton Rouge because I bought a Honey Badger tshirt. :lol:
ubathletics.buffalo.edu

And, again, I think it is because it is BUFFALO and not Louisiana State. What's funny is that supposedly SUNY Buffalo (as it is known) is very well-off; now I know why! They turn co-eds into boiler room salespeople.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i think trendon is being lazy with his words here.

they sent him a form letter saying 'DEAR TRENDON LYNCH! Thank you for your interest in Buffalo athletics, Sept 18th we face off against our mighty rivals, the Akron Zips! Since you've been a loyal fan, we'd like to invite you to please join us for the game, the tickets are on us!'

its not like they sent out a jet to JFK for him.

and to be honest... i sent him the fucking letter :D
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:and to be honest... i sent him the fucking letter :D
Not bad, B material.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

I'm going over "Riccio's heart beats blackest of all" really one of the greatest burns of all time.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Uuaww wrote:I'm going over "Riccio's heart beats blackest of all" really one of the greatest burns of all time.
Did I say that? Because I believe it.

And they did call; always very casually. Like one co-ed had a list of names and she was just calling them all. The dude that called me the year Buffalo won the MAC was high as hell for sure.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

trendon wrote:
Uuaww wrote:I'm going over "Riccio's heart beats blackest of all" really one of the greatest burns of all time.
Did I say that? Because I believe it.

And they did call; always very casually. Like one co-ed had a list of names and she was just calling them all. The dude that called me the year Buffalo won the MAC was high as hell for sure.
Dave's had a ton of turnover for office assistants recently.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

trendon wrote:And they did call; always very casually. Like one co-ed had a list of names and she was just calling them all. The dude that called me the year Buffalo won the MAC was high as hell for sure.
Over a tshirt, that's crazy.

I went to UCF and gave them thousands of dollars in tuition money for out of state grad school fees...no random co-eds ever called me to go to a UCF game because of that.

I'm bitter!!!
sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

uf83198 wrote:Thats who I wanted last year was TCU. I didnt know Nebraska was going to be this much of a headache - you guys are like Dale Doback and his drum set.

"One rule of the league....dont ever, ever, EVER draft Nebraska!
Dont draft Nebraska!

Dont worry, Nebraska is in good hands, lol
Big XII North = Nebraska + 5 Husker fans
B1G L = Weasel, Michigan, Huskers and 3 fans

Love it!
S-D-S-U! SDSU Aztecs FIGHT!!!

Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

sammy33 wrote:
uf83198 wrote:Thats who I wanted last year was TCU. I didnt know Nebraska was going to be this much of a headache - you guys are like Dale Doback and his drum set.

"One rule of the league....dont ever, ever, EVER draft Nebraska!
Dont draft Nebraska!

Dont worry, Nebraska is in good hands, lol
Big XII North = Nebraska + 5 Husker fans
Did this actually happen one season?

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

6ftdeep wrote:yep that is the one rule of the NDL, it only took them 4 seasons to chase me out of Nebraska.

Now just watch how many Nebraska fans will be in your conference and challenging you to OOCs. They are everywhere.. :lol:

You better believe the OOC request is going in from me. After getting them swiped out from under me and Trendons nose last season I want a piece of the action to get to have a chance to Dynasty my team, before all the other Husker fans do it.

Please accept the Washington OOC game request...I'll play in your house. Even if I have to dump Jsence to play in Lincoln I will. (Sorry Jason)
ImageImageImage
sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

:lol:

Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

the best part about nebraska is that it is constantly being dynastied by coaches who AREN'T Nebraska fans (sammy, 6ft, and now UF)
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

Sammy is a Skers fan.
iRoccafella
Reactions:

Post by iRoccafella »

Sammy legitimately is a Husker fan. He was quite bitter when he lost them actually. Wanted to leave on his own terms.

But yes, it is kinda funny. Surprised they didn't raid the B1G last year anyway. :lol:
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

Sorocco88 wrote:Sammy legitimately is a Husker fan. He was quite bitter when he lost them actually. Wanted to leave on his own terms.

But yes, it is kinda funny. Surprised they didn't raid the B1G last year anyway. :lol:
I'll never forget the meltdown I had after losing a 24-point lead to K-State and packsy. Sure that was a fun call for you to listen to :oops: .

I blame this all on chusker :P . Until uf leaves (fired or willingly), he will never be able to rest his NDL soul lol.

Return to “Season 25”