NDL300 '13

Moderators: jsence2, Wasted Memory

fsupenguin
Reactions:

Re: NDL300 '13

Post by fsupenguin »

I get your playing cpu dude, but really?
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

I thought you were talking about me running it up 2 weeks in a row. Then I looked at the scores. 15 receptions for 817 yards and 12 TDs? Holy shit!
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

I guess if I'm going to contend for the Heisman I have to run for 400 yards and pass for 400 yards a game with my QB.
USMarine7t
Reactions:

Post by USMarine7t »

Its the last season and I have been sitting on a 99 speed WR for 3 years. Hes open every play and I was just having some fun. Hope i didnt ruffle too many feathers but the records arent going to matter anyways, I lost to the champ by a last second FG for my only loss last season? I dunno. Hope its not that big of a deal? Planning to have some fun with the speed squad I built the last 6 seasons on our final season..
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

OracleHCR wrote:Advanced to week 2. Next advance Saturday evening. No user games. FSU and Georgia have byes.
Can't play until Monday. Out of town for funeral.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

USMarine7t wrote:Its the last season and I have been sitting on a 99 speed WR for 3 years. Hes open every play and I was just having some fun. Hope i didnt ruffle too many feathers but the records arent going to matter anyways, I lost to the champ by a last second FG for my only loss last season? I dunno. Hope its not that big of a deal? Planning to have some fun with the speed squad I built the last 6 seasons on our final season..
Go ahead and have fun against the cpu. I'd be worried about getting injured myself.
USMarine7t
Reactions:

Post by USMarine7t »

OracleHCR wrote:
USMarine7t wrote:Its the last season and I have been sitting on a 99 speed WR for 3 years. Hes open every play and I was just having some fun. Hope i didnt ruffle too many feathers but the records arent going to matter anyways, I lost to the champ by a last second FG for my only loss last season? I dunno. Hope its not that big of a deal? Planning to have some fun with the speed squad I built the last 6 seasons on our final season..
Go ahead and have fun against the cpu. I'd be worried about getting injured myself.

So would I if he ever got touched.... 8-)
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

I guess we have a different point perspective, I also have a WR like yours and I could hit him deep any time I chose against the CPU. I kinda see it the same way that on defense I could litterally sack the CPU 2 out of every 3 passing plays if I called certain plays. I cannot say your wrong really, if it's fun for you it's fun for you. I just don't see it that way.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

You've won the Heisman three of the four years, so obviously the records/stats matter to you. That said, the rest of us would appreciate it if you wouldn't completely take the fun out of it by being absolutely unrealistic. There's no way in hell those numbers happen in real life, he'd get triple-teamed if need be.

I have a 99 speed LB, I could get 15-20 sacks a game with him without even trying. But I don't even blitz him more than 20% of the time for that very reason, because it's not fun and it's unrealistic that the offense doesn't key to stop him.

Oh and btw....you didn't lose to the champ last season, you lost to the runner up 8-)

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
USMarine7t
Reactions:

Post by USMarine7t »

Robert Capps Suspended Indefinitely by Ducks
James Joyner · Sunday, April 14, 2016 · 30 Comments

The Oregon Ducks have suspended star wide receiver Robert Capps indefinitely for “conduct detrimental to the team.”

Ducks Suspend Robert Capps Indefinitely (AP)

Robert Capps can host an open house, exercise on his front lawn or practice a new touchdown celebration Sunday. He won’t be playing for the Oregon Ducks. Capps was suspended indefinitely by the Ducks on Saturday, two days after he criticized the NDL 300 League for not publicly appreciating his 12 touchdown game yesterday. The All-Pro wide receiver apologized Sunday in a statement and later on his daily radio show, but the damage already was done.

The Ducks issued a statement that said Capps was suspended “for conduct detrimental to the team.” The team added that it will have no further comment. Capps agent, Drew Rosenhaus, refused to comment.

It’s unlikely Capps will be paid for sitting out this game, though neither the team nor Rosenhaus would discuss the situation. Capps is scheduled to make $3.5 million in base salary this season, so the suspension would cost him more than $200,000 per game if it’s without pay. The collective bargaining agreement states that a player can be suspended for up to four games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. However, the Ducks could decide to play Cappsin 2 weeks as they have a tough matchup against Florida State.

This is the second time Capps has been suspended during his controversial 4-year career. In 2015, he was suspended one game by the Ducks following his infamous touchdown celebrations on the Beavers cheerleaders.

Capps clashed with management this summer and earned a one-week exile from training camp after a heated dispute with coach Ricky Dangle, which led to a bizarre workout on his lawn in front of neighbors and reporters.

Capps got in trouble this time after taking shots at the league in an interview with ESPN.com on Saturday. Capps was upset there was no in-league congratulations of his 12 TD, and 817 yard receiving yard game in a victory over #10 Ranked Arkansas. An announcement was made in the press box. “That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be,” said Capps, who became the NCAA single game receiving record holder in that game. “They claim to be first class and the best organization. It’s an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn’t recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium.”

Capps also said the Ducks would be Galaxy Champions with LSU's Robert Stevenson at quarterback. “A number of commentators will say he’s a warrior, he’s played with injuries,” Capps said, referring to Stevenson. “I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we’d probably be in a better situation.”

ESPN’s Len Pasquarelli adds,

Under terms of the NDL 300 collective bargaining agreement, a player can be suspended for a maximum of four games for conduct detrimental to his team. It remained unclear if the Ducks have fined Capps; a team source declined to address any financial element of the disciplinary action. A fine would cost Capps $191,176 for every game he misses, based on his salary of $3.25 million for this season.

It is not certain if Capps, who was suspended for a week during training camp, will appeal the latest sanction by Ducks officials. Agent Drew Rosenhaus did not immediately return messages Sunday morning.

I’m no fan of Capps antics, which I do believe are selfish and harmful to team cohesiveness. Still, the Ducks knew what they were getting when they offered him a sholarship. As Merril Hoge notes,

When the Ducks and coach Ricky Dangle allowed Capps to come back after a chaotic offseason spent bashing the organization and players, they set themselves up for this to happen. I said then that the organization was going to have to deal with the R.C. mess eventually, and now Oregon is dealing with him. This team should’ve put its foot down earlier and made sure this didn’t happen again by either trading him or suspending him for a couple of games.

The Ducks ability to suspend Capps for four games strikes me as incredibly arbitrary. It’s true that employers are generally free to fire employees who are disruptive at the workplace. But this is different: They control his ability to make a living, not just his paycheck. Capps is not free to take his services elsewhere.

As frustrating as he is, probably 20 general managers would sign him in a heartbeat. On the field, the only other wideouts even in the discussion as to being in his class are the LSU's Corey Swain and the Noles Bobby Nichols. Of those, only Nichols is a good teammate.
5 points on reddit
FILED UNDER: James Joyner, Sports
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Well that was entertaining, but I don't think sitting your WR is the answer. Plus it's better than Jason winning the Heisman 8-)
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

lol. Nice write up. Don't sit him though.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

fsupenguin wrote:Well that was entertaining, but I don't think sitting your WR is the answer. Plus it's better than Jason winning the Heisman 8-)

If CPU defenses stop keying on my HB on the read option, I won't win it. I am trying to be balanced and get a lot of guys involved.

And I agree, don't sit the guy. Just play it like an NDL game.

ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

let the dude play, its obviously the coach's fault ;)

Hey Pengy, give me a rundown of what your availability is like starting Tuesday. I have a small window each day due to working 8 straight nights due to having inventory. I will try to work our game in.
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

ChampDizzle wrote:let the dude play, its obviously the coach's fault ;)

Hey Pengy, give me a rundown of what your availability is like starting Tuesday. I have a small window each day due to working 8 straight nights due to having inventory. I will try to work our game in.
I'm not sure if I'll be free at all on Tuesday, Wednesday I'll be around for a little after 9pm, Thursday and Friday I'll be going from work strait to school it looks like, so I should be home both of those evenings somewhere between 8 and 9pm.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

our times conflict as I would only be available from 9am-6pm until next Monday. If you can play anytime than let me know so I can plan to be up.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Are we ever gonna advance? :?

fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

ChampDizzle wrote:our times conflict as I would only be available from 9am-6pm until next Monday. If you can play anytime than let me know so I can plan to be up.
There is a chance Tuesday and or Friday I could be around after 3pm for a few hours, what is the best way to reach you?
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

PSN is supposed to be down until 12 PST. So I haven't advanced yet.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

We advanced. FSU vs UGA is the only user game. Va Tech has a bye. Next advance Wednesday unless someone asks for more time.

Return to “Online Dynasty”