LOL cops

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
trendon
Reactions:

LOL cops

Post by trendon »

http://articles.courant.com/2001-03-01/ ... -computers

Short version: Connecticut wants to get rid of registration stickers way back when; cops disapprove. Why?

"Robert Veach, president of the Connecticut State Police Union, which represents more than 1,100 state troopers, said the stickers provide police with a reason to check for everything from lapsed insurance to stolen plates, and they've led to arrests of drivers on more serious charges."

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE! That douchebag admitted it. Fourth amendment anyone?

"At a recent legislative hearing, Public Safety Commissioner Arthur Spada said state troopers rely on the stickers as reasons for stopping suspicious cars, and he would oppose removing them."
brett11253
Reactions:

Re: LOL cops

Post by brett11253 »

they dont care. and let you know more and more everyday. and we do nothing.
AIM: brett11253
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Yeah.
And?
I wish they had more and better ways to catch people breaking the law. Call me crazy but I figure the more they catch, the less that are out there that could possible affect my life in some fucked up way.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

OracleHCR wrote:Yeah.
And?
I wish they had more and better ways to catch people breaking the law. Call me crazy but I figure the more they catch, the less that are out there that could possible affect my life in some fucked up way.

sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:
OracleHCR wrote:Yeah.
And?

:lol:
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

:lol:
That's too funny. I was thinking something along the lines of this as I was typing that.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Shit, we might as well just get rid of all taxes, all laws, everything this country is built on because obviously we don't need any of them.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
cdub21
Reactions:

Post by cdub21 »

you guys are dumb lol. apparently you have never broken a law before in your life. why give cops reasons to find shit to incriminate you? just for driving down the road lawfully, no speeding, no swerving, no reason at all, but a sticker. here in michigan they will pull you over for having an air freshner or anything hanging from your rear view, just as an excuse to find something better to get you on. how is that protecting anyone?
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

If your registration is expired... you've broken the law. It's stupid, but it's still against the law.
ImageImageImageImage
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:If your registration is expired... you've broken the law. It's stupid, but it's still against the law.
That's not what he is saying. That cop admitted to committing a crime so he can find out if a person committed a crime. And people like Oracle are OK with this, which is sad and pathetic.

According to Oracle, cops can commit crimes but criminals cannot. And his response will be, "CUZ I IS SAFE!" LOL, from whom?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I'm confused.

If a cop is giving someone a ticket, it's against the law for the cop to see if his license is expired or if he has any warrants pending?
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Trendon, news flash--if you break a law with your vehicle (i.e. not having your registration up to date), then them finding more illegal issues w your vehicle or yourself is not violating your protection against unlawful search. Don't break the law. It's that simple.

I swear, sometimes I think a cop could sneeze near someone and you'd find some way it was violating their rights.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

No, I just want honesty. For instance, a police officer friend of mine offered to squash a speeding ticket that I received and I said no. I'd be a hypocrite.

Back on topic, my issue with this is that you have an officer publically admitting that he wants to keep registration stickers solely so he can conduct illegal search and seizures. That's what he said. That is illegal.
Matt90210
Reactions:

Post by Matt90210 »

cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

This is another thread that bleeds Trendon is right, nobody else can have a reasonable argument. Like I said, throw out all laws, taxes or anything else that funds government or tries to protect the citizens, because we apparently don't need any of them in Trendons world.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

cougnix wrote:This is another thread that bleeds Trendon is right, nobody else can have a reasonable argument. Like I said, throw out all laws, taxes or anything else that funds government or tries to protect the citizens, because we apparently don't need any of them in Trendons world.
Yeah, because that's what I said.

A cop is admitting to using illegal tactics and you think it is "just Trendon." And I hate when you guys pull that "nobody else can argue" logic that Jay always does. You people automatically dismiss what I say immediately, so wouldn't the reverse be true?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

What law did that cop admit to breaking?

I'm still confused.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Let's play a quick little game. Tell me what I am complaining about. Don't tell me if you feel I am right or wrong yet, just type what you think I am getting at. Part of being able to have a discussion is understanding what the other person is saying and I don't think you guys do.

I understand your logic. You will allow for the loss of a little bit of liberty if it gets you safety.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

trendon wrote:said the stickers provide police with a reason to check for everything from lapsed insurance to stolen plates, and they've led to arrests of drivers on more serious charges."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Ame ... nstitution

You cannot create probable cause. That is illegal and that is what this cop is doing. Notice, he didn't say anything about using the sticker to check for a violation of vehicle registration laws. Nope. He skipped that part. They want to use the sticker as an excuse to check for other things.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

trendon wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:If your registration is expired... you've broken the law. It's stupid, but it's still against the law.
That's not what he is saying. That cop admitted to committing a crime so he can find out if a person committed a crime. And people like Oracle are OK with this, which is sad and pathetic.

According to Oracle, cops can commit crimes but criminals cannot. And his response will be, "CUZ I IS SAFE!" LOL, from whom?
I was just trying to get a rise out of you and apparently I did. ->insert success baby here<-

Return to “Off Topic Forum”