San Diego

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Re: San Diego

Post by DRWebs »

This place is so awesome, no chance I'm going to want to leave...will get a post up in a few
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

PB Shore Club

First stop on day 1 was PB Shore Club. It was 1030AM and I was ready to rock. Bartender was your typical blonde; super hot, big tits, and rocks for a brain. Anyway they had a special on screwdrivers until noon so I was game. Probably the best thing about this place is its right on the boardwalk, so the view is second to none. Up until noon pretty average crowd, what you would expect for early morning. Then all of a sudden as I'm finishing up my drink and getting ready to go to the beach with a group of people I met, probably 15-20 people come strolling in. Oh shit what's this, more hot girls?! I guess most of them were waitresses and bartenders who were passing through and next thing I know it's body shot time and goldfish racing time. Goldfish what??? Yes these crazy broads busted out the goldfish racing setup (apparently they only do it Wednesday nights) and it was on like Donkey Kong. Gotta love watching chicks blowing away and their friends cheering them on, with the goal being to get it in the hole (yeah buddy!).

ImageImage
ImageImage

Stop 2 was the beach with a group of 5 people I met while at the bar. Not a big fan of the beach right there since they have some nasty seaweed like shit in the shallow parts and sand gnats are pretty prevalent. But don't fear, nothing a couple beer bongs and Kan Jam can't fix. After about 4 hours of roasting and toasting I needed a break. Told the group I needed to get some grub and change and they told me a meeting spot for later.

On the way back from the beach spotted a pretty sweet ass deal for a $3 hoagie for military types. Place was called Poor Boys and normally they run $6 so not too shabby. Nothing too fancy on the menu so I went with a Triple Sub (Ham, turkey, roast beef w/ provolone cheese). They had just made some fresh Italian bread so this thing was delicious for the price.

Cabo Cantina

It's not even 5pm and I'm already feeling pretty accomplished for the day. They told me to meet them at a place called Cabo Cantina and I'm glad they did. This place was rocking and better yet offering 2 for 1s until 8pm and $5 all you can eat tacos! Probably one of the coolest bartenders I've ever met and he was keeping everything rolling smoothly. The 2 for 1s went for pretty much everything so we convinced the chicks we were with to do some Patron body shots. Great idea as these broads got back down to their bikini tops for the rest of the time we were there, schwing! All the locals were pretty friendly and once someone heard I was from the Jersey Shore I got razzed pretty good for about 10 minutes, but it was all in good fun and resulted in free drinks. Happy Hour came to a close and I was feeling fucking tanked, so I made my way back to the crib. Told the group Id meet up with them for a trip to Gaslamp that night but it never happened as I assed out and never woke back up that night. Still a hell of a start to the trip

I'll get something up for day 2, probably a lot shorter version :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Damn dub, nice camera
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

The 4th pic in both sets I had to grab from the web, but yeah Ive been pretty happy with this camera
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

DRWebs wrote:The 4th pic in both sets I had to grab from the web, but yeah Ive been pretty happy with this camera
booo

the 4th pic in the 2nd set was really impressive for multiple reasons. now its just, whatever.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Good stuff man. It's such an awesome place!

Long story short, after my last presentation to University of San Diego, the CIO asked me if he could have my card. After I gave it to him, he asked if I would like to live in SD. I told him absolutely. His reply was "I'll be in touch shortly."

I have a feeling if our system is selected as the system of choice, some one may be getting a job offer....

I heart SD.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

texasfan4444 wrote:Good stuff man. It's such an awesome place!

Long story short, after my last presentation to University of San Diego, the CIO asked me if he could have my card. After I gave it to him, he asked if I would like to live in SD. I told him absolutely. His reply was "I'll be in touch shortly."

I have a feeling if our system is selected as the system of choice, some one may be getting a job offer....

I heart SD.
That's great new Luis, best of luck to you!
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

DRWebs wrote:

I heart SD.
trips me out to see your location to be South Korea. :lol:
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

texasfan4444 wrote:
DRWebs wrote:

I heart SD.
trips me out to see your location to be South Korea. :lol:
What's even better is when people hear I'm coming from Korea, about half ask North or South...really?!
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Back to the Whales Vag for 3 days.

Found a new gem of a hotel. The Sofia. Bit of a boutique place but would be an awesome place to being the wife. I've eaten at the restaurant in the lobby before and was impressed by the beer selection and food.

I'm at The Hopping Pig now and I'm really impressed. Small gastropub in gaslamp that specializes in Pork Belly dishes. They have a large tap selection and actually carry 2 of my top 5 beers- Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA and Dutchess de Bourgogne. I wish I wouldn't of turned down that job offer. I want to live here.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

New Hotel that I like. Andaz Hyatt. If you are bringing a girl, she will be impressed. Close to Gaslamp, ball park etc. Visit the Stone tap room by Petco park. Neighborhood Bar, Waterfront Gill, Hopping Pig, Knotty Barell for good food and beers. Have questions hit me up. Love this place.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Going to be there the 1st week of August. Conference, hoping for some free time as in taking the wife work me for this one.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

I'm coming back that week too. 4-6. If you weren't trying to get your freak on with the wife I'd try to meet you for a beverage.

I have plenty of spots I have tried this trip. Just look at my Untappd list.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Definitely. 3rd would be better for me if you happen to come in early but if not I should be able to make one of those nights work.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

All of these are in or just outside the main drag at Gaslamp.

Stone Tasting Room @ Petco Park
Quality Social 6th and F- across from the Double Deuce
Union Kitchen and Tap - 333 5th Ave in Gaslamp
The Tipsy Crow - 770 5th Ave
Knotty Barrel - 8th and Market
The Hopping Pig Gastro Pub - 734 5th Ave in Gaslamp
Neighborhood - 777 G St

I wont be in early. Ill be staying out by the main Stone Brewery(Encinas) the first night. then back in SD for Tuesday night and fly out Wednesday around 12:00.

Where will you be staying? Hopefully near Gaslamp. I will be looking for hotels sometime this week.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Manchester Grand Hyatt, yep 8-)

Asked my wife, so anything in particular you want to do while we're out there? Her response... "Don't they have a zoo?" :cry:
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Neighborhood and Tipsy Crow are both bad ass spots to hit.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

packsyd2284 wrote:Neighborhood and Tipsy Crow are both bad ass spots to hit.
Yessir....Most of the other places are in the same vein. Gatropub type food and excellent beer selections.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Going down the list. Hit up Tipsy Crow, Hopping Pig, Blarney Stone, and Dicks Last Resort last night. Trying out the Strip Club now.

some good recommendations!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Wasted Memory wrote:Trying out the Strip Club now.
I had a huge ass steak there and it was awesome. Try the multiple different dusting options during the grilling process. Fantastic.

Enjoy

Return to “Travel”