Disappointing News about League

This is the place for all Basketball games played in the NDL.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Disappointing News about League

Post by DRiccio21 »

this online association might not be possible.

after doing a tester league with AJ we ran into a few issues... we looked up on operation sports to try to figure out how to fix them or if there were fixes and we found a few threads basically saying how messed up the system is for online association.

it doesn't give the commish nearly any privaleges (we can't advance games, can't determine a sim winner like last year, can't reset games that were disc) there is still some issues with advancing to the postseason (they auto sim the 1st game when you advance for some odd reason).

that leaves us stuck. we can either try to do an offline league with the normal teams (it wouldn't be possible to do one with a draft), but then we'd have to use a leaguedaddy type thing and input stats and stuff and to be honest i dont think i have the energy for that.

this sucks, AJ and I were really hoping to bring another good nba league but i just don't see it happening unless we can figure something else out. we aren't quitting yet, but its not looking good.

if anyone knows of any leagues that have been successful or wants to search operation sports, i certainly want to run this... but i just don't want to get it all set up and then it not work properly
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Disappointing News about League

Post by ajalves »

like dave said, its not dead in the water just yet.

problem is we arent sure if the Association works right. hard to pin done definitive answers. Also, if it doesnt, its not like we can do a league like last years since they took those away entirely
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

If we aren't drafting, I'm not sure I'd want to play in a league.

I will hold off getting the game until you decide, as I was going to pick it up in the morning but I'm only getting it FOR the league. If the league doesn't work, I'll stick to playing FIFA (and maybe resurrect the league).

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:we can't advance games
What does this mean, exactly?

Other than this, I guess the all sim league could still go on, right?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

it means there is a timer... we are slaves to the timer.

we can't go in and advance sooner or wait longer if we need to.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:it means there is a timer... we are slaves to the timer.

we can't go in and advance sooner or wait longer if we need to.
That is so lame.

I guess you can't just open up the entire season, like last year?

Why do these developers always screw up seemingly simple things? Annoying.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

You owe me $40 David!!!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:You owe me $40 David!!!
:lol:

My Hornets are in year 3 of my own offline Association. I love the offseason stuff.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:
:lol:

My Hornets are in year 3 of my own offline Association. I love the offseason stuff.
as do i (currently in yr 7 of ncaa dynasty. stuck 5 yrs as OC at Tech, gotta get outttt), so now i must ask, whats your team look like?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: so now i must ask, whats your team look like?
Did a fantasy draft, and scored the 5th pick...on the 1st try, I swear lol.

So, I got Durant. The rest of my team wasn't that great. Year 1 had Aaron Brooks/Ray Allen/KD/Serge Ibaka/Deandre Jordan. Also, other than KD, I was very mineful of keeping things cheap to make a run at FAs later. Had the best record in the league, lost in the 2nd round to the Blake Griffin led Spurs.

Year 2, Brooks was awesome in year 1 but I fucked up figuring out how stuff works and didn't resign him accidentally lol.

So, year 2 went Chalmers(got in FA)/Marcus Thornton/KD/Ibaka/Nene(FA). Again, Had the best record in the league, lost in the 2nd round to the Blake Griffin led Spurs lol.

Year 2 offseason I got the best FA I could, Josh Smith, and basically I've now maxed out my soft cap.

Year 3: Chalmers/Thornton/KD/Josh Smith/Nene, with Ibaka, Bass, Maggette, Deandre Jordan on the bench. As of now, i'm having my worst season, but still 33-20 and 1st in the West.

Things I've noticed. I've basically gotten every FA I've offered. Small sample size, but that could suck. They offer awful trades for me, but i could counter, but never do. Only time it happened, it went in the total opposite direction. After year 1, some random dude was drafted #1, and I was offered that guy for Ray Allen LOL. Out of respect for the game, I declined. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:
nick wrote: so now i must ask, whats your team look like?
Did a fantasy draft, and scored the 5th pick...on the 1st try, I swear lol.

So, I got Durant. The rest of my team wasn't that great. Year 1 had Aaron Brooks/Ray Allen/KD/Serge Ibaka/Deandre Jordan. Also, other than KD, I was very mineful of keeping things cheap to make a run at FAs later. Had the best record in the league, lost in the 2nd round to the Blake Griffin led Spurs.

Year 2, Brooks was awesome in year 1 but I fucked up figuring out how stuff works and didn't resign him accidentally lol.

So, year 2 went Chalmers(got in FA)/Marcus Thornton/KD/Ibaka/Nene(FA). Again, Had the best record in the league, lost in the 2nd round to the Blake Griffin led Spurs lol.

Year 2 offseason I got the best FA I could, Josh Smith, and basically I've now maxed out my soft cap.

Year 3: Chalmers/Thornton/KD/Josh Smith/Nene, with Ibaka, Bass, Maggette, Deandre Jordan on the bench. As of now, i'm having my worst season, but still 33-20 and 1st in the West.

Things I've noticed. I've basically gotten every FA I've offered. Small sample size, but that could suck. They offer awful trades for me, but i could counter, but never do. Only time it happened, it went in the total opposite direction. After year 1, some random dude was drafted #1, and I was offered that guy for Ray Allen LOL. Out of respect for the game, I declined. :lol:
ya games are notorious for having horrid AI. in NHL you can trade scrap for quality

shit, in MLB The show 09, u could draft Shane Victorino in the 20th round, and then trade him to any team for a top player lol. I used to do that all the time
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

just a bump here as i see guys replying in others hoops league threads

its not looking good
packsyD22
Reactions:

Post by packsyD22 »

Just outta curiosity what's wrong with a league daddy league? At most you have to input points assists rebounds steals blocks and that's it really right? For eight guys. Takes five minutes. Just a suggestion.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Damn, this is like a kick in the nuts... really bummed. Hope we can work it out.
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I don't think I totally understand. If we had a small league with 8-12 guys that played all of their games, could we pull this off?
PSN: ReignOnU
packsyD22
Reactions:

Post by packsyD22 »

Where did you get it for forty? Or did you have a gift card? :P

I saw it for sixty at wal mart.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

packsyD22 wrote:
Where did you get it for forty? Or did you have a gift card? :P

I saw it for sixty at wal mart.
Amazon
bigred
Reactions:

Post by bigred »

ReignOnU wrote:I don't think I totally understand. If we had a small league with 8-12 guys that played all of their games, could we pull this off?
That sounds good
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

i'd still be willing to TRY out the online association with a small group of 6-8 guys.

its on a timer, but that doesnt mean it wont work.

it might, it might not.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:i'd still be will to TRY out the online association with a small group of 6-8 guys.

its on a timer, but that doesnt mean it wont work.

it might, it might not.
In for sims only lol.

How does the timer work? How often can you advance? And by how many games at a time?

Return to “Basketball”