custom tactics discussion

This is the place for all Soccer games played in the NDL.
kdog36
Reactions:

custom tactics discussion

Post by kdog36 »

I have tried this out like Reign was talking about
one setting with everything up to 100/organises/off sides trap

then on e with everything at 0 free form/ cover

to my amazement I am loving the 0 settings. Already 2 goals in first half

now i need to find my happy medium. I wonder how far to the mid or aggressive I should go

thoughts or ideas on what anyone uses
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Re: custom tactics discussion

Post by DRiccio21 »

i dont even know what this means
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:i dont even know what this means
I know of tactics, but never bother with em.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

If you're not using tactics, you're seriously hurting yourself. (unless you're insanely lucky and your team plays to your style)

The tactics dictate a lot of things that can make your players move how you want them to. Defensively, it's almost the equivalent of choosing between a zone defense and m2m or choosing a run vs a pass. Here are some things you can adjust, off the top of my head:

Offensive Form (Free/Organized) - This lets plays with move and rotate like a motion offense in basketball or hold their positions.
Defensive Form (Free/Organized) - Free allows a player to stick to player on the ball and someone slides into their area when they vacate it. Organized is like a zone defense, were they pass off players.
Pressure (it's a different term I think) - Adjusts how your players play in relation to the ball. It can be laid back all the way up to forcing double teams.
Aggression - Low aggressiveness means they hold their ground, high aggressiveness means they constantly try to tackle.
Offsides Trap / Cover - OT is obvious, cover means that players swing further back to make sure no one gets behind them.
Build - Can be a slow build, where you trickle the ball up the field and remain in control, can be a fast build where you look for quick passes/openings.
Passing - Adjusts how aggressive the passes are expected to be. (one of these effects the amount of runs made by the CPU offensive players for you)

There are a few more I'm missing... but trust me, it's night and day once you figure it out.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I don't know enough about soccer to mess with that stuff lol.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

My settings (these work best with pace at the wings and skilled midfielders):

Buildup speed--80 (I have dynamic players on the wing and up top, so I prefer to get them up the pitch quickly so I can get them the ball in 1 v 1 situations and try to beat them with skill/fake shots)
Passing--80 (I prefer longer passes so that again I can work it up quickly; once I get up there, I'll slow it down if need be)
Positioning--Organized (I like to know where my guys will be when I play the longer passes, but more importantly I want them to stay in position in case I lose possession)

Chance creation passing--80 (I prefer the "risky pass" because it gives you a better shot at picking apart defenses; if you're smart about it and you have good passers and learn when/where to play it to your guys on your team, you can beat many offside traps)
Crossing--40 (I don't do a ton of crosses when I play outside of the Club, as it's much harder to do this year; that said, I want guys to at least be in position if I do)
Shooting--85 (this helps guys up top stay out of the way if you have a CAM who can rip it, also has them going towards the goal to poach any rebounds)
Positioning--free form (this goes along with the risky passing, helps get your guys to make runs through the defense)

Defense Pressure--1 (it helps stop the cheesedick one-two lobbed throughball players)
Aggression--20 (also helps stop the ping-pong passing and letting them get guys from Brazil 1 v 1 on a defender)
Defensive width--25 (again, helps cut down the passing lanes for one-two throughballs and helps defend the shots from the corner of the box)
Defensive shape--cover

A few things to correct, Reign:

1) Cover doesn't mean they'll drop back, the guys will still try to catch a player offsides; what cover does is it covers a spot if a defender goes with a player or the ball. For example, if the CB follows a player down the right side, the RB will drop into the CB's spot to prevent a player from getting a free run through.

2) Aggression actually has nothing to do with how often they'll try to tackle, but how aggressively they cover the ball itself. If you have it low, they'll let the guy keep the ball but cut off all his passing lanes; if you go high, then your team will press up on him with two players and try to force him into a mistake. This isn't a good tactic to use unless you have a team full of fast Brazillians--which is when I actually use it :D

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

where do you even adjust them?
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

DRiccio21 wrote:where do you even adjust them?
What he said.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Main Menu of the game

Customize FIFA

Team Management

Custom Tactics

Make sure to save them as a new tactics or you'll lose them

Then when you go into a match, go to "Team management" and change your "custom tactics" to whichever one you made; and/or go to quick tactics and assign them to one of the four D-pad slots.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61

Return to “Soccer”