Underdog OD

Moderators: jsence2, Wasted Memory

UCWeiser
Reactions:

Underdog OD

Post by UCWeiser »

OK, starting a fresh thread here for the new game. An OD with a little bit of a twist...

Here's the deal: everyone starts off with a 1-star prestige team. You goal is to build up your team to the highest prestige possible, along the way you build up the recruiting and possibly get your team into a BCS conference to have a shot at the BCS national title. (now we can adjust conference online) This is the overall goal of this OD.
However, just in case you don't like your sub-par team, there are ways to move out of a bad situation by doing just enough to move up a prestige level with another team. If you have a coaching dream to take Texas all the way, you have to prove yourself by taking the lower prestige teams to their own conference glory to top 10 ranking. At the end of each season, every coach will be assessed and offered opportunities. Hopefully this encourages guys to stick with us for the entire year of this game.

Here is how you can change teams:

1. Moving into a new conference (not sure if I can even edit conferences once the OD has started, will be trial and error. However, if it does it by itself or if I can, I will base this off of simming to the off-season offline. This most likely won't happen this season)

2. Changing teams (depending on your success)

*You may change teams to any other 1-star school any season
*If your prestige went up to 2-stars, you may change teams to any other 2-star school that season
*If you completed the following:
-Winning record
-Won your conference/Won bowl game
then you may change teams to a 3-star program.

We advance every MWF night. All prior coaches can come back if they wish and have first rights to get in, I will then add those on the waiting list once they let me know if they are in or not. I will list what teams are available once the game comes out.

If you want in, please be active. A couple of coaches in the past pick and choosed when they played. I rather have 6 active coaches than 12 coaches that play at different rates.

In:
1. Weiser - Western Michigan
2. Buckeye - Kent St
3. Cnotes - Army
4. Oracle - UAB
5. donkeyshow - Eastern Mich
6. kdog - Memphis
7. VTRunNGun - Middle Tenn St
8. tfan - Wash St
9. cnasty - Utah St

Teams available:
Akron - MAC
Arkansas St - Sun Belt
Army - Independent
Eastern Michigan - MAC
Florida International - Sun Belt
Florida Atlantic - Sun Belt
Idaho - WAC
Kent St - MAC
Memphis - CUSA
Middle Tenn St - Sun Belt
New Mexico - Mt. West
New Mexico St - WAC
North Texas - Sun Belt
San Jose St - WAC
Tulane - CUSA
UAB - CUSA
UL - Lafayette - Sun Belt
UL - Monroe - Sun Belt
Utah St - WAC
Washington St - Pac 12
Western Kentucky - Sun Belt
Western Michigan - MAC
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Underdog OD

Post by buckeye76 »

in
cnotes008
Reactions:

Post by cnotes008 »

in
cnotes008
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

in
thedonkeysho
Reactions:

Post by thedonkeysho »

In
AIM: pacs71800
PSN: thedonkeysho
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

I will jump in

thanks
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Hey buddy, I'd be interested in a low-level team dynasty.

Let me know if there are any spots left
BsktbllJk
Reactions:

Post by BsktbllJk »

When does this plan on getting started? Will be out of town from 18-25...hate to get behind by not playing
UCWeiser
Reactions:

Post by UCWeiser »

BsktbllJk wrote:When does this plan on getting started? Will be out of town from 18-25...hate to get behind by not playing
We won't start for a couple of weeks yet. The game came out today. Give people some time to play it and get used to it. Plus figure what settings we will play on (more than likely what ever the NDL settles on). Plus I want to get rosters. So I would be willing to think at least 2 weeks, so right about the time you get back....roughly.
UCWeiser
Reactions:

Post by UCWeiser »

I have posted the teams that are available to choose in the first post of this thread. I have not set the dynasty up yet. As I had mentioned, I am gonna give people time to get used to the game and we can decide on what level to play. ETA as to when we will start will be in about 2 weeks.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Idaho....
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

memphis please
thedonkeysho
Reactions:

Post by thedonkeysho »

Eastern Mich.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

thedonkeysho wrote:Eastern Mich.

trader....
thedonkeysho
Reactions:

Post by thedonkeysho »

buckeye76 wrote:
thedonkeysho wrote:Eastern Mich.

trader....
:lol: :lol:
cnotes008
Reactions:

Post by cnotes008 »

Army por favor
cnotes008
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

UAB please
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Middle Tennessee State please
UCWeiser
Reactions:

Post by UCWeiser »

Alright guys. The setting for the league have been announced so I will try and get our dynasty up so we can get things going. Setting will be AA and 7 min qtrs.

I should have everyone's PSN ID except for maybe VT's.

I will do my best to get things set up tonight, if I don't it will be Wed night before I can do it. Once I get things set up, you will have the preseason stuff to do.

Now, I have a question for you guys. In the years past, you could move up to a higher rated team based on your performance per the rules that were started way back when, however, in this version, you can sign a contract that has certain rules you need to meet to keep your contract and from what I understand, you can get offered other jobs. This sounds like it could be more fun than how we do things now. Does this option sound good to people or do you want to stick to the old way?

Also, we will go to the default sliders until someone points me in the direction of suitbale changes.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

UCWeiser wrote:Alright guys. The setting for the league have been announced so I will try and get our dynasty up so we can get things going. Setting will be AA and 7 min qtrs.

I should have everyone's PSN ID except for maybe VT's.

I will do my best to get things set up tonight, if I don't it will be Wed night before I can do it. Once I get things set up, you will have the preseason stuff to do.

Now, I have a question for you guys. In the years past, you could move up to a higher rated team based on your performance per the rules that were started way back when, however, in this version, you can sign a contract that has certain rules you need to meet to keep your contract and from what I understand, you can get offered other jobs. This sounds like it could be more fun than how we do things now. Does this option sound good to people or do you want to stick to the old way?

Also, we will go to the default sliders until someone points me in the direction of suitbale changes.
I would like in with Wash St please. This is/has been a great dynasty to be a part of for the last few seasons. PSN = texasfan4444.

EDIT: i like the idea of getting offers from the CPU. That seems like more fun if in fact EA comes through with it.

Return to “Online Dynasty”