Champ's Draft Guide NDL:20

ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Champ's Draft Guide NDL:20

Post by ChampDizzle »

In my 18 plus seasons here in the NDL I think I have been in 6 drafts, so I am clueless on the science of drafting. One thing is for certain, where and who you draft could springboard you into "your team" for next season or a championship this season. When this was born, the whole concept of dynasty was to take aone team and make it your own. Unfortanately we seem to have gone away from that concept and just tried to play with different teams each season. No matter to each its own but it would have been nice to have more BFiVL, DRiccio, Weiser, Weasel, PeayBoy, RanDawg and dare I say it, Trendon. But I alas we have a bunch of seeit's in our mist that have to hop from school to school. This is my first draft since taking Minnesota in NCAA 09. Heck with the 16th pick I am sure the Gophers will be more than available but after going 10-3 with a Capital One Bowl Championship, which is how I started in the NDL 10-2 and a Capital One Championship, it is no surprise to want to say its fate that it happened. Oh yeah, and who did I beat both times in my final bowl game in Season 1 and Season 19???? Yep, those hated Florida Gaytors! I beat those jorts wearing thugs 31-0 against BleedGreen in Season 1. Now I find myself in an unusual spot....in the draft! So I have options at pick #16.....

Rule #1 : If "your" team is available...take them! Especially if you never had them before. I got my chance in Season 2 and did the unHoo like by posting on the boards "let the champdawg eat!" Well it paid off as I got Georgia and took them all the way to the title with a last second win over USC thanks to a David Greene to Fred Gibson TD as time expired!

Rule #2 : Take your 2nd fave team if 1st is gone. I did this when taking Minnesota, had a average run but had fun in the process. Having fun is the reason why we play, right?

Rule #3 : Take a team that caters to your strength's. I don't have any but some guys like to pass, some like to run, some just like defense. Research to find a team that "fits" you. We can be assured that BigMike will pick a team with a stud safety; steamrollr will pick a team that has a good running game; and CNasty will pick a team with some hot cheerleaders.

Rule #4 : Location, Location, Location.... You will know where some of the so-called top players will be playing so it might be best to avoid them, at least til you go bowling. Of the coaches that stayed, stay away from Walker in the PAC 10 cause let's keep it real, you are fighting for 2nd place. The Big East and ConferenceUSA returns the most coaches so they know their teams, might be wise if you can to avoid those conferences. Unless you are working toward next season, non-BCS conference suck even Boise St got the shaft. Here are the locations where you have a chance to be the MAN!!!!

-ACC only returns two coaches. DaHazelOne has his team and should win the ACC and maybe win the big one but he can be stopped as steamy proved in Atlanta. Miami, FSU, Clemson and the Heels are there for the taking.

-Big Ten returns only three at Ohio St, Michigan St and Indiana. Sparty and Hoosy will not contend for the title and Bucky is beatable. So a team like Wisconsin and PSU with the right coach can run the table. I see BigMike or Steamy going to Madison and that would mean Championship!

-Big 12 returns the two top dogs in OU and UT. Packsy and Ank proved that Big 12 is winnable when not in Norman and Austin. The "hot" team is Nebraska where BigMike can scoop them up and take them to the title. Good quality teams here but the next coach will have big shoes to fill in Boulder, Lincoln, College Station, Manhattan and Lawrence.

-Norte Dame is gay and anyone who takes them is gayish. Only positive is get to schedule alot of games but unless Charlie "BigMike" Weis picks them, no title shot.

-SEC is returning NDL Champ The Madhater Shel and Bear BFiVL at Bama, oh yeah that punk Dray in Athens, comin to get ya sucka :twisted: No doubt a top notch coach will get the Gaytors, other than that the SEC East will be wide open. SEC West will be very tough but both Shel and BF have shown signs of mental breakdowns. How long can Shel not lose a game? Are you man enough to challenge the cyber bully and his cheese all-star Double P!

Obviously these rules apply to the Top 40, the others just work toward next season! Happy Drafting!
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Champ's Draft Guide NDL:20

Post by NCSUholmey »

ChampDizzle wrote:No matter to each its own but it would have been nice to have more BFiVL, DRiccio, Weiser, Weasel, PeayBoy, RanDawg and dare I say it, Trendon.
Season 7 :roll:
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

good stuff.

seeit line gave me a chuckle
ICE
Reactions:

Post by ICE »

Good Stuff Champ
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

NCSUholmey wrote:
ChampDizzle wrote:No matter to each its own but it would have been nice to have more BFiVL, DRiccio, Weiser, Weasel, PeayBoy, RanDawg and dare I say it, Trendon.
Season 7 :roll:
Isn't it written in your contract that NCState is NEVER available :)
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

ChampDizzle wrote:
Isn't it written in your contract that NCState is NEVER available :)
its there, you just cant see it
BigStimpin
Reactions:

Post by BigStimpin »

Read every word, gripping material. ;)
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

nie work champ. enjoyable read.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

question of the draft is who takes Boise knowing NDL will replicate real life and they will never be put before an undefeated BCS conf team AND in all likeyhood, not be put ahead of a 1 loss SEC team.

I say they dont slip past Ice 8-)
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Nole4real wrote:question of the draft is who takes Boise knowing NDL will replicate real life and they will never be put before an undefeated BCS conf team AND in all likeyhood, not be put ahead of a 1 loss SEC team.

i'd think with a true killer OOC this wouldnt hold true
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I'd love to see someone snag Boise and secure USC and LSU on their Non-con. Of course, that would mean those guys would be willing to step up and take the risk!
PSN: ReignOnU
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

Nole4real wrote:question of the draft is who takes Boise knowing NDL will replicate real life and they will never be put before an undefeated BCS conf team AND in all likeyhood, not be put ahead of a 1 loss SEC team.

The real question is who wants to follow BigMike, anything less than a title game is a step down. I look at what the team did last season and improve on that. Doesn't that equate into one's decision on a team? No way do I want to follow anyone that did great with a team.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

ReignOnU wrote:I'd love to see someone snag Boise and secure USC and LSU on their Non-con. Of course, that would mean those guys would be willing to step up and take the risk!
Whoever takes Boise has to have 4 very tough OOC games against top 10 teams. That would be a sure way to play for the title if undefeated!
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

ChampDizzle wrote:

The real question is who wants to follow BigMike, anything less than a title game is a step down. I look at what the team did last season and improve on that. Doesn't that equate into one's decision on a team? No way do I want to follow anyone that did great with a team.

with most of us, this isnt remotely a factor. 90% chance I'll be worse than the last guy so why worry about it
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote:I'd love to see someone snag Boise and secure USC and LSU on their Non-con. Of course, that would mean those guys would be willing to step up and take the risk!
I accept...tentatively. :lol:
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

ajalves wrote:

impossible to get

it would have to be at least 2 teams who finished in the top 10 and neither of the 2 others could be worst than 8-4 AND have to come from bcs confs

Once they get into conf play Massey will fuck them in the ass with the SOS and it would be too much to overcome
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

ajalves wrote:
ChampDizzle wrote:

with most of us, this isnt remotely a factor. 90% chance I'll be worse than the last guy so why worry about it
yeah true...I consider myself average at best so anything to boost my self esteem in this game works for me :)
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

oh, forgot to put in there that barrign shel ("tentavely")....Boise wont be able to get that many teams to accept the challenge
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Tough choice to make.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Nole4real wrote:
ajalves wrote:

impossible to get

it would have to be at least 2 teams who finished in the top 10 and neither of the 2 others could be worst than 8-4 AND have to come from bcs confs

Once they get into conf play Massey will fuck them in the ass with the SOS and it would be too much to overcome

i did it when i was A+ Georgia. Remember when i set the record for toughest schedule in NDL history?

you....a .....remember?...Georgia....Missouri??

Return to “Season 20”