NDL:L Update

A fast-paced NCAA league for those in the NDL looking to get some extra games in.

Moderator: ReignOnU

Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

NDL:L Update

Post by Nole4real »

holy shit, this may actually work :)

tons of games played so far. you guys are bad ass.

i do see we have 3 guys...nick, auchase and cane who havent played any games

im gonna email this post as well.

you 3 have though this weekend to lemme know if you're in or out so i can replace ya

thanks everyone
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: NDL:L Update

Post by ReignOnU »

Nole... it's time to do some house cleaning and get some fresh players in here... I want to play some games!
PSN: ReignOnU
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

ReignOnU wrote:Nole... it's time to do some house cleaning and get some fresh players in here... I want to play some games!
+1
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

will do

was waiting til guys finish their regular season NDL and have that 2 week wait for Bowl games and etc

prolly make a move midweek coming up
TheChunkster
Reactions:

Post by TheChunkster »

Sorry to any of my competitors that I haven't played so far. I've had some major business issues come up over the last few weeks, but I'm back in action so please look for me on AIM...
huskerskev84
Reactions:

Post by huskerskev84 »

Yea, I am tired of trying to get guys to play, so have been waiting for them to get in contact with me. Don't think I've ever had one guy look me up for a game.
bearass
Reactions:

Post by bearass »

wanna be on waiting list for this Nole/Shark
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

huskerskev84 wrote:Yea, I am tired of trying to get guys to play, so have been waiting for them to get in contact with me. Don't think I've ever had one guy look me up for a game.

Im going to have to agree with you on this one
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

huskerskev84 wrote:Yea, I am tired of trying to get guys to play, so have been waiting for them to get in contact with me. Don't think I've ever had one guy look me up for a game.
We must have some opposite play times, because I never seem to see you on AIM.
huskerskev84
Reactions:

Post by huskerskev84 »

ReignOnU wrote:
Post wasn't directed towards the guys that play (like yourself) But, my AIM is on 24/7 unless my computer screws up...which is fairly often. Wasn't really a personal shot at anyone, because I know we've talked once or twice quite some time ago. Was just meaning that I have more given up recently looking for games. It's a great concept, just hard to get enough guys to follow through with their end and play games.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

bearass wrote:wanna be on waiting list for this Nole/Shark

done..will get a formal post up tomorrow
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

huskerskev84 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:
Post wasn't directed towards the guys that play (like yourself) But, my AIM is on 24/7 unless my computer screws up...which is fairly often. Wasn't really a personal shot at anyone, because I know we've talked once or twice quite some time ago. Was just meaning that I have more given up recently looking for games. It's a great concept, just hard to get enough guys to follow through with their end and play games.
No wasn't taken that way... just something I noticed... there's a few guys on my schedule that I just don't see on AIM. I'm going to double check my AIM list when I get home to make sure I've got your name on it right. I know you play a lot, because you've logged all of those tournament games and ladder games.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i'm still around... i am on AIM alot.

i send out invites every so often but feel free to get at me also
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

anyone got any suggestions for better scheduling method?

dont want to have it as formal/pain as a thread for each week but will do if thats what anyone wants if you think it'll help

just didnt want anyone to have to monitor 16 game threads in the beginning

can cenrtainly see how without that construct, guys may be waiting on each other to contact them and missing out
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I don't think there's a simple way. We tried 2 different methods in the 2 seasons I ran and neither were a perfect answer. I know one issue that was obvious to me was that we ended up with guys dropping their scheduling threads into the main forum, so I'm not sure if that caused some issues.

One thing that did work pretty well was to require some targets. I wasn't hardcore with them, but it was solid that the guys had some guidelines to get some games in. It was a ramped up thing that could have worked something like this:

Week 1 - 2 games completed
Week 2 - 5
Week 3 - 8
Week 4 - 11
Week 5 - 14
*for a 5 week schedule*

Then if anyone wasn't on track at the deadlines, you could replace them.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

ReignOnU wrote:I don't think there's a simple way. We tried 2 different methods in the 2 seasons I ran and neither were a perfect answer. I know one issue that was obvious to me was that we ended up with guys dropping their scheduling threads into the main forum, so I'm not sure if that caused some issues.

One thing that did work pretty well was to require some targets. I wasn't hardcore with them, but it was solid that the guys had some guidelines to get some games in. It was a ramped up thing that could have worked something like this:

Week 1 - 2 games completed
Week 2 - 5
Week 3 - 8
Week 4 - 11
Week 5 - 14
*for a 5 week schedule*

Then if anyone wasn't on track at the deadlines, you could replace them.

as long as there is a guide that people look to do, i think would be better. I think the best way for me personally is just update your teams thread when you can play and go off of that and look for guys that are on AIM.

Return to “NDL: Lightning”