Tiger Woods 14: 3/26/13

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Tiger Woods 14: 3/26/13

Post by Cnasty »

I like the swing arc.

It's a security blanket for me :oops:
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Downing11 wrote:
jsence2 wrote:
Downing11 wrote:
Downing11 wrote:First round on pro setting with my created golfer, no upgrades to any attributes yet, shot a 70 at Augusta on pro setting which included a triple on #3. The flop shot is more realistic this year which I found out the hard way. I used the flop around the greens last year instead of chipping or pitching, but it doesn't work as well this year.

I don't think pro will be where we are at in the tournies. Last year we did Tour Pro, but this year you can customize a lot more so I will start messing around with the options. I'll start putting out daily tournies tomorrow with different settings to see what we all like.
After this first round, I went and added the XP (75k) to my guy that I was able to import from TW13. I was able to get my power, accuracy and putting to 80 and the others were not as good. I also upgraded some of my clubs, etc. Tried out Muirfield Village which is amazing and shot a 64. I was playing on a customized setting with Expert Swing, analog strike meter, normal swing mode and then normal no ball sping and yes to the green grids. I love the analog strike meter. It makes you use the R strick to move and hold the cursor where you want to hit the ball. When you are in the sand, rough or even on side or down hill lies in the fairway, you will have to hold the cursor to strike the ball in the center. It adds an extra degree of difficulty so shots are not always 100% on target. The next round I play later today I will use the advanced swing which makes you swing the club on an angle from left to right, or right to left, based on the club. This will definitely lead to many more off target shots. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, the first daily will be around noon EST or so with the first weekly to begin on Monday. I got the Pinehurst #2 DLC for preordering this at GameStop. SInce I am a glutton for punishment, I will be buying all of the DLC courses, so the best score in the first weekly who DOES NOT have or intend to download Pinehurst, will win my DLC code for it.

I can't do that "analog strike meter" stuff, takes too much precision. Right thumb nerve damage kills my ability to do really precise control w the stick, cuz my thumb randomly twitches (old HS football injury, didn't let it heal right), and I'm like Corey in that my right thumb swing is too weak :lol:.

I might be screwed if the analog swing meter is required. We should def have the green beads off and the swing arc off though, no need at all for those. And no ball spin in the air, using the draw/fade/strike point for spin should do fine.
When you turn off the swing arc, doesn't that also remove this for putting too? I agree it isn't need for regular shots because when you zoom, you can basically see what a full shot will get you for distance. I wasn't sure if this also took away the meter for putting which would be much harder to judge distance.

Yes it does, which scared me at first....but I've found that once you get a feel for your guy's putting motion, get a solid putter (over 75 rating), and get your putting rating over 50, it really doesn't hurt you too much. Makes it more realistic that you have to get a feel for your guy's motion and learn to judge your putting stroke, just like you do your swing. I think doing this would give us something more realistic and would allow us to not have to use the analog ball striking.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Should I be saving these coins for anything?

I just keep spending them leveling my guy up and getting more points for attributes.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Cnasty wrote:Should I be saving these coins for anything?

I just keep spending them leveling my guy up and getting more points for attributes.
Last year you could use them to buy pin packs. Some of those packs would have pins for holes of the courses. Once you got pins it gave you more xp for playing the holes you had the pins for. I assume it is the same this year.

Return to “Golf”