Tyrann Mathieu Dismissed from LSU

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
xLiQx
Reactions:

Re: Tyrann Mathieu Dismissed from LSU

Post by xLiQx »

nick wrote:an American just got banned from the Olympics for having weed in his system, and you think Michael Phelps doesnt? im sure hes broken team/olympic rules, and he still competes and everyone still loves him. And he wont shoot up a club in 3 years for lack of discipline.

Show me proof that he has been caught breaking team rules 3 times?

Like I said, I could care less if people smoke pot, have friends that do it, to each their own...

But IN high school I never once drank alcohol during my sports seasons, why? Cause I didn't want to get in trouble and get kicked off the team.....In college, I didn't drink and drive at all, nor did I participate in any "drugs"..why, cause it was against the law, and also could get me kicked off the team...as a high school head coach..I dont drink and drive, nor do I do any "drugs"..or anything else that could be looked at poorly upon the school/program or my kids. Do I agree with all of that....No, but I follow them, because I REALIZE the consequences......Complete lack of discipline and caring about the program, his teammates, and all the fans. Like I said, kids like that almost always end up in the same place..do I LIKE IT...not at all, obviously I wish every kid success, but he will, and never will get any sympathy from me. Like stated below..the first time you break a rule, shame on you, we can fix that, are you willing to do what you can to make sure it doesn't happen again? Second time, we will have to punish you (which he was, if my memory serves me correctly, he was suspended last year for a game and was also in meetings for it". The third time, well that just shows you don't care, and don't want to change.

Try to defend it all you want, but it has nothing to do with "DRUGS", it's the fact it was a RULE.....Which we have from when we are toddlers all the way till you are old and die. Dont' follow them, and expect consequences.
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shelnotes big portion?

i am willing to bet that Phelps, a pot head, would def fail drug tests..only diff? His team keeps it hush hush cause they probably dont give a fuck cause its a sport lol.

people get too heated about a game.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

oh p.s - next yr when Tyrann is drafted, it'll just go to show you how mcuh the NFL cared about LSU's "team rules".. should ask Carolina how they like Cam newton the thief and how the Rams like Janoris Jenkins the pothead lol.
Matt90210
Reactions:

Post by Matt90210 »

nick wrote:oh p.s - next yr when Tyrann is drafted, it'll just go to show you how mcuh the NFL cared about LSU's "team rules".. should ask Carolina how they like Cam newton the thief and how the Rams like Janoris Jenkins the pothead lol.
This is why I said his life isn't ruined.

OK the guy is irresponsible. I'm not saying smoking pot is irresponsible but he was caught 3 times and had a responsibility as an LSU football player.

That said, most (if not all) NFL teams aren't gonna give two shits. Him smoking weed isn't gonna be as big of a deal as him not playing for a year or playing against lesser competition...whatever happens. What Tyrann did is not worse than what Vick did, or what Plax did. They all got another shot (hehehe).
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

So because you are drafted by the NFL means you succeed in life? How has that worked out for some guys in the past...IE...Ryan Leaf....Jamarcus Russell...Pac Man Jones? I am sure I could list players non stop, give me a break with that talk about him being good to go, cause people will overlook his discipline problems. I will promise you teams will pass him up in the draft for that EXACT reason. Disregard for your teammates, your team, your coaches, your city, your community, and any rules surrounding them won't get you very far in life.

And I bet Phelps gets tested just like every other single athlete out there.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

And Randy moss got kicked off a team in college and he didn't shoot up a club like u seem to think Mathieu will do :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

lol Im sure the student body at LSU is losing sleep over Tyrann smoking weed. He's such a bad influence to them !!!!
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

Once again Nick, you can't wrap your head around the fact I could care less he smokes weed....
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

xLiQx wrote:Once again Nick, you can't wrap your head around the fact I could care less he smokes weed....
Once again xLIQx, you can't wrap your head around the fact that I could care less about this topic and I'm just fucking with you outta boredom. Oh and I just smoked :) ironyyyy

at the end of the day you're gonna feel how you want and nothing i say is gonna change that so we're both gonna say our points back and forth and get no ground. Its whatever to me, its about morals and shit to you. I think sports is a game, you think of it as a way of life, thats where we go our seperate ways and this debate isn't worth doing any more.
Matt90210
Reactions:

Post by Matt90210 »

Do I think getting drafted in the NFL is succeeding in life? Sort of, but not necessarily.

But it's also unfair to say a guy who smoked weed and got caught 3 times is gonna end up like Leaf or Russell. Is it possible he could bust out? Sure. But a lot of people can turn their life around. Maybe he thought being the best player on a top program made him larger than life. Maybe this will bring him down a peg or two.

Either way, the kid deserves and will get a shot. What he does with it is up to him.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Matt90210 wrote:But it's also unfair to say a guy who smoked weed and got caught 3 times is gonna end up like Leaf or Russell.
Even more unfair, and borderline ridiculous, to say a guy caught 3 times will end up shooting up a nightclub. :lol:
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

nick wrote: Oh and I just smoked :) ironyyyy
I thought you quit nick.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

OracleHCR wrote:
nick wrote: Oh and I just smoked :) ironyyyy
I thought you quit nick.
didnt ending up quitting but cut down dramatically.
Old Kentucky Shark
Reactions:

Post by Old Kentucky Shark »

This guy must've participated in a Big Brothers/Big Sisters Program sponsored by Ricky Williams.
beercop
Reactions:

Post by beercop »

xLiQx wrote:Once again Nick, you can't wrap your head around the fact I could care less he smokes weed....
You are arguing with a guy that turns down job offers because they drug test.
ImageImage
cdub21
Reactions:

Post by cdub21 »

beercop wrote:
lol if youre gunna fail why bother?

kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

Maybe he can turn to the wonderful Mentor that is Chad Johnson..........

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... xid=si_nfl
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

ChampDizzle wrote:
IceMorbid wrote:We're not talking about the law here ~ he's not being arrested or charged w/ a crime. The law argument is irrelevent in this case.

It's a team rule and he's being kicked off the team. I think what makes Mathieu the idiot is not that he smokes and smoking is bad. It's that he's sitting on a winning lottery ticket and just needs to fly straight to cash it in.

It's similiar to saying, If you won the lottery, but the rule was you had to do a headstand every day for a year to get your winnings ~ I'm pretty sure every one of us would do the damn headstand. Who gives a @#$@ if the rule is stupid or not, we'd be stupid not to just do what it takes to cash in....

Hence the Mathieu is acting like an idiot. Just do the damn headstand for the next year and get paid stupid.

(Will he still get paid? Probably. But will this stupid stuff cost him millions? Probably. Is the law/rule stupid? Yup. Is he still an idiot? Yup.)
Does he care? Nope
Do I care? Nope

The "idiot" not caring isn't much of a statement. It's like asking if the Colorado gunman cares. Probably not, doesn't make him any less of a murderer - or in this case, idiot.
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

He don't give a shit
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

cdub21 wrote:
beercop wrote:
lol if youre gunna fail why bother?

Why would I go to a job interview 1-2 days away just to fail the drug test? lol.

and somehow Beercop is a cop lol. Probably in a town of 1000 or something.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”