PS4 in 2013

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: PS4 in 2013

Post by nick »

Trendon is the Kanye West of the NDL
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

dakshdar wrote:
trendon wrote:You're being negative just to be negative by calling me negative.

No, I actually strongly dislike comic books for very solid reasons.
Not sure I understand disliking comic books. Did they beat your team in the Super Bowl twice in dramatic fashion?
To put it sophmorically, they are gay.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

trendon wrote:
dakshdar wrote:

Not sure I understand disliking comic books. Did they beat your team in the Super Bowl twice in dramatic fashion?
Makes no sense. You need to post a ten paragraph tirade to explain yourself.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

dakshdar wrote:
trendon wrote:
dakshdar wrote:

Makes no sense. You need to post a ten paragraph tirade to explain yourself.
You know precisely what I am getting at.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Let's see...

You're not being literal, so you don't think that the comics themselves are gay nor are the people reading them gay.

You're saying "They're gay" in the sense that something that sucks, is stupid, or is lame might be called gay by someone that likes to say "They're gay".

So, you think they suck because they aren't interesting to you or you don't see how they could have any entertainment value because you don't find yourself entertained by them.

If I were to generalize, I'd say you're probably not much of a reader, writer, or artistic person, as, like comics, you need to use a bit of your own imagination in order to fully integrate yourself into the world being presented to you in any of those things. They're very unlike movies or video games, two things I know you love, because those two things spell everything out for you and leave nothing to the imagination (in most cases).

But, generally speaking, "they're gay" because you don't find them interesting. That may still even represent the general consensus, but it is a humorous consensus to those that like comics primarily because the world is eating up every comic book movie that comes along now, spending billions of dollars to go see the films and own them on blu-ray. This is a new "Golden Age" of comic books being brought to the masses in ways that weren't effectively accomplished previously.

But it doesn't matter because "they're gay". :?
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

dakshdar wrote: If I were to generalize, I'd say you're probably not much of a reader, writer, or artistic person, as, like comics, you need to use a bit of your own imagination in order to fully integrate yourself into the world being presented to you in any of those things. They're very unlike movies or video games, two things I know you love, because those two things spell everything out for you and leave nothing to the imagination (in most cases).
Wow, pretty well done.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

trendon wrote:
dakshdar wrote: If I were to generalize, I'd say you're probably not much of a reader, writer, or artistic person, as, like comics, you need to use a bit of your own imagination in order to fully integrate yourself into the world being presented to you in any of those things. They're very unlike movies or video games, two things I know you love, because those two things spell everything out for you and leave nothing to the imagination (in most cases).
Wow, pretty well done.
For the record, it was not intended to be a negative comment at all, just a guess. In fact, most people I know hate reading, writing, and art for the above reason, including the majority of my friends.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Well, still, good enough. Another piece of evidence: I hate all things Dungeons & Dragons, hobbits, and don't really like anything medieval but I love RPG's and have for almost thirty years now.
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

dakshdar wrote:Let's see...

You're not being literal, so you don't think that the comics themselves are gay nor are the people reading them gay.

You're saying "They're gay" in the sense that something that sucks, is stupid, or is lame might be called gay by someone that likes to say "They're gay".

So, you think they suck because they aren't interesting to you or you don't see how they could have any entertainment value because you don't find yourself entertained by them.

If I were to generalize, I'd say you're probably not much of a reader, writer, or artistic person, as, like comics, you need to use a bit of your own imagination in order to fully integrate yourself into the world being presented to you in any of those things. They're very unlike movies or video games, two things I know you love, because those two things spell everything out for you and leave nothing to the imagination (in most cases).

But, generally speaking, "they're gay" because you don't find them interesting. That may still even represent the general consensus, but it is a humorous consensus to those that like comics primarily because the world is eating up every comic book movie that comes along now, spending billions of dollars to go see the films and own them on blu-ray. This is a new "Golden Age" of comic books being brought to the masses in ways that weren't effectively accomplished previously.

But it doesn't matter because "they're gay". :?
Very Well said Dak.

I wish I was as eloquent as you are. Trendon sends me into a range sometimes and I can't articulate my thoughts well when fuming.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I'm about to jump on this standby bandwagon if there are going to be updates every night!
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

And it happens again....got a bunch of unlocks, having a good game.....this time, "software failure" blue screen of death.

Getting sick of this system already.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Its not a system problem. Its a game problem. The AAA titles were rushed. Battlefield does the same.

Resogun and contrast never crash. Ever in online co-op
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

trendon wrote:Well, just notched some outrageously stupid score in Resogun. I'm like, 980th in the world. All those years playing Defender, Sidewinder, and then Ikaruga have hardened me.
17million?!?!?!? Wtf
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Dolemitesooner wrote:Its not a system problem. Its a game problem. The AAA titles were rushed. Battlefield does the same.

Resogun and contrast never crash. Ever in online co-op
its BF

I haven't had a single lag or system error, knock on wood
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

jsence2 wrote:And it happens again....got a bunch of unlocks, having a good game.....this time, "software failure" blue screen of death.

Hasn't happened for me at all. Ive been on NFS and Battlefield since day one.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

texasfan4444 wrote:
jsence2 wrote:And it happens again....got a bunch of unlocks, having a good game.....this time, "software failure" blue screen of death.

Hasn't happened on NFS, but it's happened on FIFA and BF. I literally get a blue screen and an error code, like a computer crash. Asks me to send an error report to Sony.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I left my PS4 on Standby (I thought) and it did not download and install the system update. Now this is under the assumption that I actually left it in standby.

Game updates did when I left it in standby.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

cougnix wrote:I left my PS4 on Standby (I thought) and it did not download and install the system update. Now this is under the assumption that I actually left it in standby.

Game updates did when I left it in standby.
Left mine on standby last night as I was downloading some games.

If ence is a standby guy I will no longer do standby so I don't have his issues. :lol:
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I have not had any issues and mine is always on standby since day 1.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

jsence2 wrote:
texasfan4444 wrote:

Hasn't happened on NFS, but it's happened on FIFA and BF. I literally get a blue screen and an error code, like a computer crash. Asks me to send an error report to Sony.
I've gotten one in Madden in one in Battlefield and I never leave anything on standby

Return to “Playstation”