***Season Showdown***

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
trendon
Reactions:

Re: ***Season Showdown***

Post by trendon »

BFiVL wrote:
fsupenguin wrote:
trendon wrote:Well, you guys can go ahead and close this thread since Trendon is the only one who uses strategies!

Now that I see what we are talking about, I'm with Trendon for the most part. Inside the 10 on defense why not play on aggressive? I do never switch the setting on my D-line but I guess some people are cause several of my opponents have been trying the fake snap stuff on me with it never working cause my DL is never on aggressive. Other than that though I have found these things to come back to bite my opponents more than help them, had a guy last season force like 4 fumbles on me, but racked up 100+ yards of facemask penalty yards because of using aggressive strip. I suppose I have found this to be pretty balanced and not an issue in my experience.

See your talking moderation Pengy, Inside the 10 turning on aggressive should be viewed as fine, but flipping it on on Opening KO and leaving it on all game is for the fucking birds and people are doing that in this league ( played 2 games thus far this year where this has happened).
OK, then I am in the boat, sorta. I use it up and down the field. 3rd and 1? Everything goes on AGGRESSIVE. If you get the first down, I bring it back to my default set up, which depends on who I am playing. I like to use AGGRESSIVE as a change of pace or for key situations.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

trendon wrote:In the meantime, I've had two complaints about how long it takes me to pick a play and snap the ball ... I am "moderating" my strategies, fools!!!
I'm not gonna lie, the clock chewers are the WORST to play. :lol:

We're limited on the amount of plays we run on 6 minute quarters as it is, I can't stand a game where both teams run like 30 plays. :x
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

shel311 wrote:
trendon wrote:In the meantime, I've had two complaints about how long it takes me to pick a play and snap the ball ... I am "moderating" my strategies, fools!!!

We're limited on the amount of plays we run on 6 minute quarters as it is, I can't stand a game where both teams run like 30 plays. :x
I'm not doing it on purpose, as judged by the fact that I barely get the snap off after stoppages, too.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

trendon wrote: You know what just dawned on me. I got a hug from Corey, Josh, Feisty & Stan. You never gave me a goodbye hug. I am hurt.
I owe you
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I must have been really drunk...
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:

Never play me haha, I don't think I run the ball a ton and do dump passes.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

BigStimpin
Reactions:

Post by BigStimpin »

Hi Ank. ;)

Please and thank you.
Ank
Reactions:

Post by Ank »

Thats cool...never knew it was a rule. and never had any ask about it being turned on.

Next question how do you turn it on? I dont think its turned on the same way as last season.

Ive asked 2-3 people and they said they dont know how to turn it on.

Any help would be great.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

Ank wrote:Thats cool...never knew it was a rule. and never had any ask about it being turned on.

Next question how do you turn it on? I dont think its turned on the same way as last season.

Ive asked 2-3 people and they said they dont know how to turn it on.

Any help would be great.

shit, good question

i was going to bump this thread at season beginning but saw it already turned on when i put the game in from last year.

anyone know where to do this?

possibly in the "online" part then scroll over to thr right? I think i remember seeing a place where u can check season showdown points or standings or some silliness. maybe when u go there for the 1st time it gives the option to turn it on
Ank
Reactions:

Post by Ank »

No it dont, Nole I saw that and thought the same thing. Reign said he didnt know how to do it either, he said it comes on when you choose your favorite team.

And Stimpen told me it is on automatically. So mine is either on already on...and I never knew or there is a super secret on how to get it on.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

lol, I just googled "how to turn on season showdown" and got hit with 50 links to "can i turn off season showdown" :lol:

I'll look tomorrow if no one finds it

i think if i create a new user name, i'll have to sign up again and can then post instructions
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

as long as you pick a fav team i think it was automatic
Ank
Reactions:

Post by Ank »

Ive got a favorite team. I just played DOC and created a whole new account with Texas A&M as my favorite team. Still got nothing....Everyone keeps saying it should come on automatically, but Ive got 3 accounts (NDL, Farm, and a new I just made) and Ive picked a favorite team everytime cause you have to when your new account comes up....I got AF, WVU and Texas A&M and still no season showdown.
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

i know when i started the game it started right away...do you remember if you had it turned on during last years game? (i don't know if that would have anything to do with it)
Ank
Reactions:

Post by Ank »

Yes it was on for last years season. all 3 years, but there is no where to turn it off or on this year. Everyone keeps telling me at the beginning it ask you to pick a favorite team..and your season showdown turns on automatically....Ive created 3 profiles picked a favorite team and saved it...I get nothing....So I dont think that is how it is done.

Is everyone's on? Is anyone else having a issue with this?
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/ncaa ... pid=988957

according to this link (question on how to turn it off) someone says its just turns on automatically after you pick your team.

I could swear yours were on in our scrims Ank.....
Ank
Reactions:

Post by Ank »

buckeye76 wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/ncaa ... pid=988957

according to this link (question on how to turn it off) someone says its just turns on automatically after you pick your team.

I could swear yours were on in our scrims Ank.....

Ok how did I turn it off? so I can turn it back on. Ive created 3 profiles and picked a favorite team and saved it each time. Still got notta !
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Time to replace Ank. :lol:
Ank
Reactions:

Post by Ank »

Alright this is driving me crazy.

Ive created numerous new profiles....at the beginning when you go online it asked who is your favorite team. I pick my team...bam! It autosaves for me. I play a game no season showdown. I turn my ps3 off...then log back in after 5 mins. go online and my favorite team is saved...but no season showdown.

I have question and this might sound silly...but I got my game Monday when I got off work..and logged in online...At this time the servers where just awful. So I got off......Could this somehow effected my showdown? Buckeye created a new profile and he said all you have to do is pick your favorite team and you are automatically on season showdown. Well it dont work for me.

If anyone knows anything fill me in.

Ank

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”