Total votes: 13

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Last schedule vote

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
mbyrd75 wrote:if everybody was willing to start earlier. say 1999 then i could keep the feeder system i've already built for the old OGBL. I had set up NCAA and HS leagues and imported the first years class (seniors). Each year in the offseason i'd add the new freshman crop and we'd get to watch them grow. pretty cool concept but I guess I already committed to 2004
i honestly dont care wht year we start.

i guess my question is...if we start in 2000 (or whenever) and we get to the draft in 2003.....Im the braves, will i get whoever made the braves in 2003 added to my minors?

I am not a huge fan of that.

for the record, im just trying to understand
No.

That year's draft class will come in, but we all draft on our own, so Pujols, for example, can be drafted by whoever, he wont be assigned to the Cards.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

ajalves wrote:
mbyrd75 wrote:if everybody was willing to start earlier. say 1999 then i could keep the feeder system i've already built for the old OGBL. I had set up NCAA and HS leagues and imported the first years class (seniors). Each year in the offseason i'd add the new freshman crop and we'd get to watch them grow. pretty cool concept but I guess I already committed to 2004

i guess my question is...if we start in 2000 (or whenever) and we get to the draft in 2003.....Im the braves, will i get whoever made the braves in 2003 added to my minors?

No the draft would be just like any normal ootp draft but the players would be real life prospects. You wouldn't be tied to what the real life braves did beyond the team that you start with
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

ajalves wrote:

additionally.....will these guys be sure things? for example...Pujols comes in in 2003 or 4 or whenever it was....is it a "given" he will perform (or at least have the potential to perform) the way he actually did, thus making him the #1 prospect?
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

mbyrd75 wrote:
ajalves wrote:

No the draft would be just like any normal ootp draft but the players would be real life prospects. You wouldn't be tied to what the real life braves did beyond the team that you start with
perfect
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
ajalves wrote:

additionally.....will these guys be sure things? for example...Pujols comes in in 2003 or 4 or whenever it was....is it a "given" he will perform (or at least have the potential to perform) the way he actually did, thus making him the #1 prospect?

No, the only given if I understand it will be his potential ratings coming into the draft. His potentials should reflect how good he was in real life.

But everything else is up in the air, he could flame out or just be an average to above average player.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

i have to admit those were good questions by me
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
Knapp wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:Meh, let's go with what we've got
Nobody asked the young buck....let the thirtysomethings mull it over!
You've posted in these 2 threads more than the entire other league cumulatively.

I'm on a roll & the wife is forcing me to watch House Hunters on HGTV, sorry.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:i have to admit those were good questions by me
Ehhh, I was thinking some of em were kinda obvious answers.

I graded them out as remedial type questions. :)
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

in 1 league I was in, Colby Rasmus was the top overall player in the league, so ya, it depends on you, which makes sims good.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:
ajalves wrote:i have to admit those were good questions by me
Ehhh, I was thinking some of em were kinda obvious answers.

I graded them out as remedial type questions. :)
if more than .3% of actual people could ask questions even close to that thought out, the world would be a more tolerable place :P
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I'm giving aj props... I was kind of curious myself. Could be the lack of sleep from the kid though.
PSN: ReignOnU
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Knapp wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
Knapp wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:Meh, let's go with what we've got
Nobody asked the young buck....let the thirtysomethings mull it over!
You've posted in these 2 threads more than the entire other league cumulatively.

I'm on a roll & the wife is forcing me to watch House Hunters on HGTV, sorry.
Currently in the process of buying a house, that show is one of my favs :lol:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

shel311 wrote:
ajalves wrote:

No.

That year's draft class will come in, but we all draft on our own, so Pujols, for example, can be drafted by whoever, he wont be assigned to the Cards.
Except Pujols was already in the cards system in 99, thus is in the Farm.

Return to “NDLB2:OOTP”