Block MTV

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
Block M
Reactions:

Re: Block MTV

Post by Block M »

That's a tad cheaper than a Hauppauge too, good to know there are options when I go to make a purchase.
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

If you want me to get any info I can on it, let me know, very small and easy to setup. Even allows to stream and play in HD with the HDMI passthrough
ndlquack
Reactions:

Post by ndlquack »

NCSUholmey wrote:If you want me to get any info I can on it, let me know, very small and easy to setup. Even allows to stream and play in HD with the HDMI passthrough
Are you still using the flash media encoder or are you going direct to twitch from the website?

Quack 8-)
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

currently it is not supported by the flash encoder, so I have to use Xsplit to get it to broadcast. I have read that one of the next software updates (free) will include either support to the flash encoder or direct twitch access.

Flash encoder does not recognize it as a camera or source
ndlquack
Reactions:

Post by ndlquack »

NCSUholmey wrote:currently it is not supported by the flash encoder, so I have to use Xsplit to get it to broadcast. I have read that one of the next software updates (free) will include either support to the flash encoder or direct twitch access.

Flash encoder does not recognize it as a camera or source
Good to know, so are you able to get justin.tv to recognize it via xsplit or are you having to find a different live host like ustream or one of the others out there?
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

xsplit broadcasts directly to justin.tv, I just log in to my account, and click a button and it goes live to twitch/justin.tv
ndlquack
Reactions:

Post by ndlquack »

NCSUholmey wrote:xsplit broadcasts directly to justin.tv, I just log in to my account, and click a button and it goes live to twitch/justin.tv
Nice, did you have to purchase the premium x-split or are you using the free version?

Quack 8-)
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

free, you just have to wait through a 10 sec ad before you start, but that does not get broadcasted, just when you start it on your cpu
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

I dug up Niddlers thread from last season on how to broadcast thru a webcam and since I have a built-in one on my laptop instead of giving up on broadcasting I figured I'd try his walk-through. It was very easy with that info and I got it setup, it's only a 1.3M camera so I dont know how good it will look but as long as I can play without interruption I will broadcast every game.
ndlquack
Reactions:

Post by ndlquack »

Block M wrote:I dug up Niddlers thread from last season on how to broadcast thru a webcam and since I have a built-in one on my laptop instead of giving up on broadcasting I figured I'd try his walk-through. It was very easy with that info and I got it setup, it's only a 1.3M camera so I dont know how good it will look but as long as I can play without interruption I will broadcast every game.
I'm using a webcam too and the toughest thing for me is getting the colors to look right. Sometimes natural light coming into the room can effect it. After looking at my free from my cup game it was okay but hoping to get it more clear but what do you expect from a webcam?

Quack 8-)
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

The_Niddler wrote:block, check out the video device that holmey is using...I want one!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00840 ... PDKIKX0DER

It is about the size of a deck of cards I am told.
You pass HDMI through it and hook a USB up to your PC and you can record your gameplay and then holmey used some sofware with it to broadcast.

I was reading backwards through the posts trying to figure out how you guys are recording and playing over hdmi it and I feel like I followed a treasure map. Definitely want one of these. It's amazing how far the technology has come in the past year. Recording and playing simultaneously on hdmi would require pro equipment last year.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

Block MTV Preaseason ratings--- 0

LGF Sports Preseason Ratings--- +6 viewers (and this is only the early hours of his first report)

somebody is falling behind....
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

mbyrd75 wrote:Block MTV Preaseason ratings--- 0

LGF Sports Preseason Ratings--- +6 viewers (and this is only the early hours of his first report)

somebody is falling behind....
Im just broadcasting games.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

well that would explain why nothing has happend on BlockMTV.... :)
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

mbyrd75 wrote:well that would explain why nothing has happend on BlockMTV.... :)
Yeah, I didnt know LGF was doing articles either when he first revealed his channel...which im not sure why it's a channel if it's just articles but nonetheless it's a different breed of animal than Block MTV.

Here, we just broadcast games with the sweetest channel name in the league. :)
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

lol I think thats what confused me. I remember you telling him something about a challenge of the two "networks" or something lol
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

Coming in the next week or two...

"YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE....AT MY VIZIO"

I will have the El Gato HD Capture within two weeks and since I only have one game to play in the next two weeks the rest of my schedule should be televised.

With 4-5mb upload speed this should look pretty good, cant make any promises it'll look as good as Matt's feed but it should be in the neighborhood and NO disconnects!
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

Block M wrote:Coming in the next week or two...

"YOU ARE LOOKING LIVE....AT MY VIZIO"

I will have the El Gato HD Capture within two weeks and since I only have one game to play in the next two weeks the rest of my schedule should be televised.

With 4-5mb upload speed this should look pretty good, cant make any promises it'll look as good as Matt's feed but it should be in the neighborhood and NO disconnects!
I like it so far, let me know if you need any help setting up the xsplit to broadcast it live
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ndlquack wrote:After looking at my free from my cup game it was okay but hoping to get it more clear but what do you expect from a webcam?

Quack 8-)
My webcam is a 720p hd cam but my problem is I do not have a high enough upload to broadcast in HD. So depending on the webcam and Internet connection you have you can broadcast a really good quality picture.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
ndlquack
Reactions:

Post by ndlquack »

The_Niddler wrote:
ndlquack wrote:After looking at my free from my cup game it was okay but hoping to get it more clear but what do you expect from a webcam?

Quack 8-)
My webcam is a 720p hd cam but my problem is I do not have a high enough upload to broadcast in HD. So depending on the webcam and Internet connection you have you can broadcast a really good quality picture.
My problem is lighting, it's so hard to fix the lighting issues. I finally just figured something out before my game with Bearass. If I up the brightness on the tv and colors to where it looks really bad to me, it balances out the colors and helps the live feed. My colors were so bright on my end I was looking at florescent grass lol.

Quack 8-)

Return to “NDL:ESPN”