The Lazy Man's Dynasty

Moderators: jsence2, Wasted Memory

SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Re: The Lazy Man's Dynasty

Post by SuddenBlues »

Week are on to week 1... everyone has a easy game except ole Georgia vs Boise State.

Good luck guys and lets have a great season!

Lets try and get on track with our deadlines and get done by Friday by noon. If we need Friday that is fine we can catch up this weekend and we will be good from then!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I will play and receive my 1st loss tonight! Woot!
PSN: ReignOnU
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

SuddenBlues wrote:Week are on to week 1... everyone has a easy game except ole Georgia vs Boise State.
I'm sorry but UM @ FSU wasn't easy. Damn UM qb's completed 14 of first 15 passes in the game. Couple that with fumbleitis and it was closer than it should have been.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Anyone interested in giving me some tips on playing D vs. the CPU, in dynasty mode?

My online gameplay doesn't seem to convert for some reason. I can't stop even the simplest of teams. Akron's Qb torched me in everyway imaginable. I can't stop a drive when it counts. They seem to have a solution for everything. The only way to beat the CPU, for me, is to score 42+.

I blitz and play the blitzing player, they throw it to where I was.
I blitz and play DL, they find a deep WR and I can't swat it.
I play coverage, they run for 6-8yds.
I play coverage and end rush, they hit a quick inside route between zone.
I play pass, they run middle.

It's almost like none of the logical adjustments that I make seem to work. As a last attempt to understand it, last night, I tried to run ONLY Ask Corso defense. He was blitzing every freakin' play and of course that led to 2-3 long TD passes.

Thoughts guys? How are you holding teams under 20, while still scoring over 40-50?
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:Anyone interested in giving me some tips on playing D vs. the CPU, in dynasty mode?

My online gameplay doesn't seem to convert for some reason. I can't stop even the simplest of teams. Akron's Qb torched me in everyway imaginable. I can't stop a drive when it counts. They seem to have a solution for everything. The only way to beat the CPU, for me, is to score 42+.

I blitz and play the blitzing player, they throw it to where I was.
I blitz and play DL, they find a deep WR and I can't swat it.
I play coverage, they run for 6-8yds.
I play coverage and end rush, they hit a quick inside route between zone.
I play pass, they run middle.

It's almost like none of the logical adjustments that I make seem to work. As a last attempt to understand it, last night, I tried to run ONLY Ask Corso defense. He was blitzing every freakin' play and of course that led to 2-3 long TD passes.

Thoughts guys? How are you holding teams under 20, while still scoring over 40-50?
To answer the last question....because most of us have A defenses, and your team doesn't, and trust me, on Heisman that plays a BIG role.

Now, in terms of strategy....I've seen that the CPU will pick up your tendencies. If you run the same play on offense, they blow it up--same on defense. You have to mix things up--zone, man, blitz, no blitz. With USC, I have corners who can match up one v one, so I can take more chances. I also have the speed to blitz and get to the QB.

Guessing pass also helps a lot when you think they may pass.

And never ask Corso for help. You'd be better off drawing plays out of a hat.

Biggest thing....if a team is killing you with quick inside routes, then run zones that combine press coverage (like cover 3 press), it will disrupt the timing. You may also want to change your defensive gameplan settings on things like zone coverage.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I've been running 4-2-5 for most of my online games this year. Back when I played on PS2, I lived in the 3-3-5 playbook. Are you using more traditional 4-3/3-4/Multiple? I did play that Akron game in a 3-3-5.

I'm playing as PSU with a friend, in dynasty and I'm 8-2. I don't think I've held ANY team under 20pts.

I do switch the man/zone/blitz/coverage nearly every play. And I rarely run the same blitz schemes. That's true for both online and in dynasty mode.

I would think that my defense shouldn't have any issues against a team like Akron though, right? I understand not being able to hold OSU under 20.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:I've been running 4-2-5 for most of my online games this year. Back when I played on PS2, I lived in the 3-3-5 playbook. Are you using more traditional 4-3/3-4/Multiple? I did play that Akron game in a 3-3-5.

I'm playing as PSU with a friend, in dynasty and I'm 8-2. I don't think I've held ANY team under 20pts.

I do switch the man/zone/blitz/coverage nearly every play. And I rarely run the same blitz schemes. That's true for both online and in dynasty mode.

I would think that my defense shouldn't have any issues against a team like Akron though, right? I understand not being able to hold OSU under 20.
I run the 43 exclusively.

You have to scout your opponent. If you face a QB with high awareness, he's going to pick your blitzes apart and find the open man. If you face a QB with low awareness, bring pressure from the backside and you can catch him. Also, run a lot of zone blitzes and try to confuse him. When you play a really good QB, you are better off playing man; he's going to hit the open man anyways, so you might as well have someoen there to tackle him or break it up; plus, you should always try to bring a fifth man, esp if you have a fast LB or a corner, just to make him move around.

6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

I run the 4-2-5... and I pretty much just mix up.. While playing down and distance.

I usually dont pay a lot of attention to the packages that I am facing against the computer unless they are torching me on the pass.

But pretty much was stated earlier you have to mix it up. Sometimes you need to play just straight man or zone, sometimes some type of zone blitz or man blitz.. Sometimes you gotta press the wrs.

Pretty much just mix it up and hope for the best.

In my opinon no defensive play or defensive scheme is money.. I think you just run the defense that you prefer most and somewhat fits your players.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

I always use the defense that a team noramally runs. That's who they recruited for. In a dynasty though you are doing the recruiting so you can plan for what you want to run down the road. (I got four 4 star commits week one. ;) )
Like jsence says: scout your opponent. If anything pause the game and find out who the weak link is on the o-line and bring pressure from there. Make adjustments at halftime. If you have a receiver that is torching you, double cover him or key him.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Wow, I used to do that kind of stuff back when I was playing in 3-4 leagues. It didn't even really dawn on me that I'd need to go to that kind of detail with these online dynastys now. I'll take it all in this weekend and see if I can improve. I know I'm already fighting an uphill battle with these incredibly slow WRs at a high level school.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep you updated on how it works out.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Are we ever going to advance? Thought this was a 48 hour dynasty...

OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

jsence2 wrote:Are we ever going to advance? Thought this was a 48 hour dynasty...
I was wondering the same thing
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

me too!
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

Ok so i was out all this weekend but I SWORE i advanced on Friday but it didnt save so that is my bad.... i am very sorry and that wont happen again so I will advance it now... it deleted my game results and everything.

Again I am very sorry!

One thing is......jsense are you in this online dynasty? I don't see you on the list but maybe you have another name? Just wondering!

Again Tonight or tomorrow it will be advanced and then we will just start as Wednesday will be the deadline of week 2.

Again sorry guys... very busy this weekend lol
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

SuddenBlues wrote:Ok so i was out all this weekend but I SWORE i advanced on Friday but it didnt save so that is my bad.... i am very sorry and that wont happen again so I will advance it now... it deleted my game results and everything.

Again I am very sorry!

One thing is......jsense are you in this online dynasty? I don't see you on the list but maybe you have another name? Just wondering!

Again Tonight or tomorrow it will be advanced and then we will just start as Wednesday will be the deadline of week 2.

Again sorry guys... very busy this weekend lol
ukwildcatfan17

SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

ahhhh sorry i didnt put two and two together haha... plus i was really tired... my bad bro! haha
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

We are now in Week 2 and we will advance Wednesday at noon!
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

I am advancing at Midnight tonight, eastern time, so USC and Ohio State can try and get their game in. If they can not get the game in or gets it in sooner then we will advance.

Keep me updated guys and so far so good :)
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

We are now on Week 3.... please get your games in by noon on Friday. If you can not get them in by them please let me know!

Thanks guys!
6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

are we in week 4 yet ?

Return to “Online Dynasty”