The Pressure Is On, LLC

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: The Pressure Is On, LLC

Post by Cnasty »

It was rather satisfying. :?
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

Yo I'm late to this but #3 is where it's at honestly. Any yes, some of those are really awful. But fuck those guys who say your company is bad or too long. It's a great name with a cool double meaning (washing cars and the "pressure" to do a good job and in time). Also, pick #3 and make it black writing (symbolizing the spray washing the letters "clean").
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Cnasty wrote:
qazhby wrote:come wash my chevy plz
I bought a foam cannon for my pressure washer recently and thought of you George.

Whoa, I think we have the same washer. Oddly, I was also thinking of George while I washed my back patio, fence and driveway 2-3 weeks ago.
PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

TheGobOne wrote:Yo I'm late to this but #3 is where it's at honestly. Any yes, some of those are really awful. But fuck those guys who say your company is bad or too long. It's a great name with a cool double meaning (washing cars and the "pressure" to do a good job and in time). Also, pick #3 and make it black writing (symbolizing the spray washing the letters "clean").
Definitely late to the game. Here is my business card and my logo as well:

And my new flyer for a permanent RV camp with yearly leases:

ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote:
Cnasty wrote:
qazhby wrote:come wash my chevy plz
I bought a foam cannon for my pressure washer recently and thought of you George.

Whoa, I think we have the same washer. Oddly, I was also thinking of George while I washed my back patio, fence and driveway 2-3 weeks ago.

If you really want to step your game up you'll use a low pH solution (acid'ish), let dwell for 30 seconds, spray a high pH detergent (soap), let dwell again for 30 seconds and then rinse. Do this with about 140 degree water and the way the low pH / high pH interacts with each other once you rinse the dirt just falls off the vehicle.

Always apply soap from bottom to top and rinse from top to bottom
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Baby steps georgie :)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote:Baby steps georgie :)
Maybe have some video this weekend from my job
ImageImageImage
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

Still looks pretty good and I really like the name. Best of luck and it sounds like you are starting to pick up steam! (pun intended)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

TheGobOne wrote: you are starting to pick up steam! (pun intended)
I don't get it :|
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Forgot to get video today and didn't take before/after photos either. But I'd say I killed it today. Wifey came out and helped a little. I blew off all the mud with my 15* tip and then hooked up my foamer. Laid down my acid base and right before it was about to dry threw down my detergent and when that was about to dry I rinsed it off. Didn't pick up a brush at all today. You could see the dirt "falling" off the trucks. It was a great feeling to be honest, like watching your kid take his first steps.

Total time was about 90 minutes, maybe less. Made $105, so I need to get the efficiency down better. I should be making $125-$200 an hour doing this.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Lay it down

Throw it down

Rinse it down
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

GeorgesGoons wrote:Forgot to get video today and didn't take before/after photos either. But I'd say I killed it today. Wifey came out and helped a little. I blew off all the mud with my 15* tip and then hooked up my foamer. Laid down my acid base and right before it was about to dry threw down my detergent and when that was about to dry I rinsed it off. Didn't pick up a brush at all today. You could see the dirt "falling" off the trucks. It was a great feeling to be honest, like watching your kid take his first steps.

Total time was about 90 minutes, maybe less. Made $105, so I need to get the efficiency down better. I should be making $125-$200 an hour doing this.

$105 gross or net?
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Any pictures of your mobile setup?
If I may ask, how much do you have in the mobile tank, sprayer, etc.?
$5000 or a bigger investment of $20,000?
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:Forgot to get video today and didn't take before/after photos either. But I'd say I killed it today. Wifey came out and helped a little. I blew off all the mud with my 15* tip and then hooked up my foamer. Laid down my acid base and right before it was about to dry threw down my detergent and when that was about to dry I rinsed it off. Didn't pick up a brush at all today. You could see the dirt "falling" off the trucks. It was a great feeling to be honest, like watching your kid take his first steps.

$105 gross or net?
Gross, still trying to calculate costs per vehicle on my soaps. Still on my first 5 gallon bucket for the 3 soaps I use. Once I get that down I'll be able to figure out what the net was.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

The_Niddler wrote:Any pictures of your mobile setup?
If I may ask, how much do you have in the mobile tank, sprayer, etc.?
$5000 or a bigger investment of $20,000?
http://www.facebook.com/ThePressureIsOn.Omaha/

I paid $14000 for my trailer set up. You could definitely go cheaper with a different brand of pressure washer but I wanted one of the cadillac's of pressure washing brands, plus the dealer is a couple of blocks away from me.

Did this company today, definitely don't want to keep them as they don't care too much about their vehicles. I don't think they were cleaned in over a year. Fuel spills on the tank would not come up, even while using heat (120*) and some corrosive soap. The front of this had chipped paint that would flake off the size of oak tree leaves while using low pressure. Also, had a bunch of rust marks from the bolts on the paint that will not come up.

ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

How do you resize photos so they aren't so big when posting on the board here?
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Knocked out 7 moving trucks last night in 2 1/2 hours. Still need to work on efficiency at my price point, should be at or under the 2 hour mark.

Have a meeting with the branch manager today at Airgas to clean their fleet vehicles. I'm going to offer at $55 for biweekly cleanings and offer a 20% discount for weekly cleanings.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Still waiting on Airgas but was awarded the moving truck account I did a couple of days ago. Doing them biweekly, anywhere from 6-12 vehicles on site at a time. Also learned that I was awarded Ferrellgas (they deliver Blue Rhino propane tanks), they want their 12 trucks done monthly. And I still have my local nursery that I do biweekly. A couple of other promising leads but just waiting to hear from them.
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Have you had time to sit down and figure out your total time investment (included travel/required business time to get materials/prep) and get the net after all expenses?

I feel like your 20% discount to Airgas was really steep. Having worked with quite a few independent contractors for washing, cleaning, and landscaping, the only time I ever saw a discount that steep was when the base price was very high.

Kind of curious about your thought process on your base rate and the discount.

You definitely need to square up what you're looking like from a net standpoint.

Also... what are your exit terms on your deals? Are you setup for a period or with an open ended exit just based on notice? Doing work cheap early may be good, but you should consider how you will progress with the business. In theory, you create your base of work, but then look to replace accounts/increase rates.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I was curious of your total investment too.
Including when you sit and fill up the tank with water, etc. Total time invested.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Off Topic Forum”