2015 NCAA OD Y10 Week 7

Moderators: jsence2, Wasted Memory

Whittness10
Reactions:

Re: 2015 NCAA OD

Post by Whittness10 »

fsupenguin wrote:
Wasted Memory wrote:
fsupenguin wrote:Updated is sadly probably the way to go, as the low interest in the twisted OD seems to be the only way people were going to stop the Noles :(.

F You! I'm #1 bitch!!! :D
53 in row, pretty sure I can call myself #1 in that OD no matter what the polls say :D .
All hail Pengy, the God of NCAA!!!! Shall anyone challenge his holiness, they shall be brought to the sword!!!
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

in
uf83198
Reactions:

Post by uf83198 »

Im in.

Not crazy about Pengy with Ga Southern tho, gives us Gator fans nightmares :lol: :lol: :lol:
S23: WKU 8-5 - Lil Caesars Bowl Champs
S24-25: Nebraska 5-7, 9-4 - Gator Bowl Champs
S26: TCU 8-5
S27: Northern Illinois 13-1 - MAC Champs - Fiesta Bowl Champs
S28: Florida 10-4 - SEC East Champs - Capital One Bowl Champs
PSN: uf83198
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Tis a small kingdom, only extending to one OD. Yet tis a glorious place filled with sacks and lots of touchdowns.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Anyone have ideas on team.

I suspect the SEC is going to be crowded.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Wasted Memory wrote:Anyone have ideas on team.

I suspect the SEC is going to be crowded.

I would say no higher than 3 stars, you have to stay at your program at least 3 years. That will keep people from jumping to big-name schools after a year or two as "coordinators"

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Ok, so with the first pick I take....UK :lol:

I'm not sure that idea will work that well. Good in theory, but not really practical. I could see maybe saying no ranked teams.

...and obviously we have to handicap a certain someone :)
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Wasted Memory wrote:Ok, so with the first pick I take....UK :lol:

I'm not sure that idea will work that well. Good in theory, but not really practical. I could see maybe saying no ranked teams.

...and obviously we have to handicap a certain someone :)

:lol: I'm not sure if UK is a two or three star; I actually think they're a two star. I just think if we're going to start a new one, let's keep it realistic. It's too easy to get a HC job, take a 6 star OC/DC job and in year three be at a powerhouse as a head coach. Just not the way it should be, recruiting doesn't really matter in years 1/2 in that scenario.

If you want UK, take them. I'll just take over after a few years when you get fired :P

fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

What level is Ga Southern?
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Not interested in taking the 'Cats but you see my dilemma there. You're a UK fan, they're 2*'s and rated in the high 80's with the new rosters. Meanwhile, guys who are fans of UF, FSU, Texas, Clemson, etc can't have their teams. In the spirit of being fair....

If we do the prestige idea, it needs to actually be team rating. 75 and below or something.

Maybe go with something like this. You may choose whether you want to start as a coordinator or a HC

As an OC/DC you must spend two seasons minimum at the school with an 80 overall rating or lower. After two seasons you can accept a HC job at a school with a losing record that is not in the Power 5 conferences. After three seasons there you may accept a job anywhere.

As a HC you must spend three seasons minimum at the school with a 70 overall rating or lower. You can select a new school based upon the following criteria:

Go 6/6 in CC and Bowl Games - Any school outside Top 10
Go 4/6 in CC and Bowl Games - Any school outside Top 20
Go 2/6 in CC and Bowl Games - Any school outside Top 25

I did see an idea on recruiting also. They called it Seniors +3. You may recruit enough players to replace the seniors +3 more. For example, have 7 seniors you can recruit 10 guys. Once you have 10 guys commit, you cut ties with the remaining guys on your recruiting list. Kind of a cool idea. Not sure if it will work well with the not persuading guys to stay thing though.

Also been reading up on a lot of slider settings in some of the forums out there. Seeing a few using Heisman offense and All American defense. Sliders adjusted accordingly. May have to try these out.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Starting to get a little excited about this! New blood.
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Ga Southern is rated 71 I'm assuming then...........
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

fsupenguin wrote:Ga Southern is rated 71 I'm assuming then...........
Haha, I don't even think GA Southern is actually in the game.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Wasted Memory wrote:Not interested in taking the 'Cats but you see my dilemma there. You're a UK fan, they're 2*'s and rated in the high 80's with the new rosters. Meanwhile, guys who are fans of UF, FSU, Texas, Clemson, etc can't have their teams. In the spirit of being fair....

If we do the prestige idea, it needs to actually be team rating. 75 and below or something.

Maybe go with something like this. You may choose whether you want to start as a coordinator or a HC

As an OC/DC you must spend two seasons minimum at the school with an 80 overall rating or lower. After two seasons you can accept a HC job at a school with a losing record that is not in the Power 5 conferences. After three seasons there you may accept a job anywhere.

As a HC you must spend three seasons minimum at the school with a 70 overall rating or lower. You can select a new school based upon the following criteria:

Go 6/6 in CC and Bowl Games - Any school outside Top 10
Go 4/6 in CC and Bowl Games - Any school outside Top 20
Go 2/6 in CC and Bowl Games - Any school outside Top 25

I did see an idea on recruiting also. They called it Seniors +3. You may recruit enough players to replace the seniors +3 more. For example, have 7 seniors you can recruit 10 guys. Once you have 10 guys commit, you cut ties with the remaining guys on your recruiting list. Kind of a cool idea. Not sure if it will work well with the not persuading guys to stay thing though.

Also been reading up on a lot of slider settings in some of the forums out there. Seeing a few using Heisman offense and All American defense. Sliders adjusted accordingly. May have to try these out.

Thing is, they don't have any "big" players, they've just got a ton of guys about the same rating, which is why their rating is higher. There's no real playmaker on offense with how the rosters are set up. I disagree heavily w some of the ratings (Timmons is one of the fastest players in the nation, beat James Quick 3 times in 4 years in the 100m at state, yet Quick is faster in the game ratings, for example) but UK's not a power by any means. I had to make some changes, both up and down, when I downloaded the rosters.

And yeah, the recruiting thing won't work well because you can't account for

Transfers
Guys leaving early
Multiple guys signing in one week (I have 10 seniors, I've signed 8 guys, and 4 people sign in one week)

I really like the sliders I'm using offline (exactly what you saw--Heisman for CPU defense, All American for CPU offense), and I still have to fight to win games. The ones I'm using have QB accuracy at 15 for both sides, makes it more realistic, you'll overthrow open guys if you're being pressured or lead the throw too much.

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

im cool with whatever you pick.
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Wasted Memory wrote:
fsupenguin wrote:Ga Southern is rated 71 I'm assuming then...........
Haha, I don't even think GA Southern is actually in the game.
I'll turn whoever I get into a contender quickly, heck I'll even pick last, lets just get started.
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

Two stars and below, it is worth working your way up to the bigger teams. Twisted dynasty, some guys had there favorite teams, so playing with lower teams should be a prerequisite in this one. If the owners that really want to play are dedicated, then there should not be any problems or concerns with starting out with lower teams. I know life and other things in life cause people to lose interest or quit, but this league should be dedicated members only...that is never a given, but to make this one last and entertaining, mandatory participation is a must, with no quiting; may be putting that owner on autopilot to save his spot until he returns would be a solution instead of removing that team. No matter how long it takes, keep that owner until he comes back; if he returns. If the guys kept the PS3 and the game, they should be dedicated. I have my PS4, but I still play the PS3, because I love college football. It is way better than Madden, and I will purchase Madden 15, but it is not a must have at this moment. Just my two cents...P.S.....UNLV is my choice, if allowed.
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

I don't care either way..... I'm taking Wyoming if I can, unless Wasted wants them...
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Whittness10 wrote:I don't care either way..... I'm taking Wyoming if I can, unless Wasted wants them...
I won't take Wyoming.

It will most likely be 2* rated 75 and below. I'm going to look at the rosters when I get home today and see what the teams are rated with the new rosters. We'll have this up and running soon Pengy.
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Re: 2015 NCAA OD (2 Spots Left)

Post by fsupenguin »

:D

Return to “Online Dynasty”