POLLS OPEN: Close 29th 10am

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Re: POLLS OPEN: Close Weds at 5pm

Post by Whittness10 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:
Whittness10 wrote:
xLiQx wrote:Well a 0-0 team shoulnd't be here either :) Haha, to but each there own, it's early in the season, and obviously only a few of us are still taking ti seriously. Most guys are riding out the storm to keep in OOTP, or a spot in the "next NCAA"...

But I still thank and appreciate all the ahrd work all the commish'sa nd guys put in that are serious about the NDL.
No one needs to "hold a spot" anymore. That's why the emphasis on being active was put in place. It was clearly stated that if you didn't want to play in Season 28, that you would still have board access. So your statement about playing NCAA to remain in other phases of the NDL is completely wrong.
Get em boy(DMX voice)
:lol: Nice
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

I wonder if there would be more activity if guys were told that all the things that were expected of them in previous seasons (participation with recaps, coach reports, stats & such) still hold true this season (which it should, anyways). That IF there is a future NCAA game, there would obviously be a draft for teams and that this season would determine draft order, as well as who is invited back to participate, etc.

People need to remember how great this league has been and that they wouldn't have all the "extras" such as OOTP, without the football game. And for all the leagues before it, that fell apart & disappeared from existence, the NDL is the last man standing. We should all be showing respect for what this league has meant to us (by finishing strong and scheduling/playing their games) as well as a big thank you to Jeffmo/Niddler for creating it, and finish with the same full participation that was expected every other season and every other year. This should not be like the final season of the Brady Bunch, when Cousin Oliver showed up and you knew the show was dead in the water (for the few of us that are in our 40's, ha).

Just trying to brainstorm here. We all knew this was a possibility (things dying out like this), but it shouldn't end the same way that so many other leagues ended, with a whimper. And now back to my soon-to-be 0-12 season with Iowa State.
Tom Gordon - NDL Iowa State Cyclones
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Personally, I'm surprised that it hasn't already been an NDL policy/rule that if you say "I'm in" and don't play over 50% of your games w/o extreme circumstances (which you would communicate to the GM only) - you're out, period.

Just something fundamentally wrong about saying "I'm in" - scheduling games with people during OOC schedules and then *poof* he was gone... (Keyser Söze style)
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Knapp wrote:I wonder if there would be more activity if guys were told that all the things that were expected of them in previous seasons (participation with recaps, coach reports, stats & such) still hold true this season (which it should, anyways). That IF there is a future NCAA game, there would obviously be a draft for teams and that this season would determine draft order, as well as who is invited back to participate, etc.

People need to remember how great this league has been and that they wouldn't have all the "extras" such as OOTP, without the football game. And for all the leagues before it, that fell apart & disappeared from existence, the NDL is the last man standing. We should all be showing respect for what this league has meant to us (by finishing strong and scheduling/playing their games) as well as a big thank you to Jeffmo/Niddler for creating it, and finish with the same full participation that was expected every other season and every other year. This should not be like the final season of the Brady Bunch, when Cousin Oliver showed up and you knew the show was dead in the water (for the few of us that are in our 40's, ha).

Just trying to brainstorm here. We all knew this was a possibility (things dying out like this), but it shouldn't end the same way that so many other leagues ended, with a whimper. And now back to my soon-to-be 0-12 season with Iowa State.

Knapp, I know people joke about it, but really am not Jeffmo.
If anyone has met us both, they know that I am not him. I don't mind the joking, it really does not bother me, but I don't want to take credit for something that I had nothing to do with.

I have never met Jeffmo, but I cannot thank him enough for creating this world that I am happy to be a part of.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

:lol: Suuuuuuure, JeffMo

And :lol: @ Keyser Soze'
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: POLLS OPEN: Close 29th 10am

Post by buckeye76 »

Sorry fellas. Polls are open. They will close on the 29th 10am.

Internet is tricky down here. Very slow. My apologies.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

The_Niddler wrote:
Knapp wrote:I wonder if there would be more activity if guys were told that all the things that were expected of them in previous seasons (participation with recaps, coach reports, stats & such) still hold true this season (which it should, anyways). That IF there is a future NCAA game, there would obviously be a draft for teams and that this season would determine draft order, as well as who is invited back to participate, etc.

Knapp, I know people joke about it, but really am not Jeffmo.
If anyone has met us both, they know that I am not him. I don't mind the joking, it really does not bother me, but I don't want to take credit for something that I had nothing to do with.

I have never met Jeffmo, but I cannot thank him enough for creating this world that I am happy to be a part of.

JeffMo = Michigan

Niddler = OH IO State

Enough said there
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:JeffMo = Michigan
Niddler = OH IO State

Enough said there

Thank you!

Cannot F-ing stand Michigan.

Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

:lol:
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I see you working JeffMo.

You're just the dude (niddler), playing the dude (also dr. tom), who's disguised as another dude (knapp). I'm on to you.

Psh, next you'll try to tell me you're someone famous... like Cole Beasley.

PSN: ReignOnU
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Twistanutz22 wrote:Image

The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ReignOnU wrote:I see you working JeffMo.

You're just the dude (niddler), playing the dude (also dr. tom), who's disguised as another dude (knapp). I'm on to you.

Psh, next you'll try to tell me you're someone famous... like Cole Beasley.

That is some funny shit
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

:lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

Oh Niddler, I was being nice to you. And then you go and post that.

Well here are a few

buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Dammit!

With family in town for the holidays, I completely forgot.

Return to “NDL Open Forum”