NDL 13 Sugar Bowl Replay

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
WJ5811
Reactions:

Re: NDL 13 Sugar Bowl Replay

Post by WJ5811 »

buckeye76 wrote:
Twistanutz22 wrote:Great game, WJ! Still can't believe I missed that first FG... :lol:

That was a really great way to end Season 26, man. Good luck to you next year, and I hope we meet up again!
It was a great game by both of you. I did watch both halves... I thought WJ had the pick with about 2:38 to go. Regardless, good game by both of you.
They missed a few that game. I could have used just one. My defense has come up with those all year but not this time.
PSN: WJ5811
AIM: WJ5811
JUSTIN TV USER: WJ5811
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

WJ5811 wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:
Twistanutz22 wrote:Great game, WJ! Still can't believe I missed that first FG... :lol:

That was a really great way to end Season 26, man. Good luck to you next year, and I hope we meet up again!
It was a great game by both of you. I did watch both halves... I thought WJ had the pick with about 2:38 to go. Regardless, good game by both of you.
They missed a few that game. I could have used just one. My defense has come up with those all year but not this time.
Ya, and unfortunately.. I think this has to do with being the Away team. I've noticed when I'm the Away team, I drop a ton of picks that I normally get when I'm the Home team. It may not be true, but just an observation.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

shel311 wrote:I don't run PA, just out of habit. But I don't see any issues with it either.
Remember that PA play I peer pressured you into running :lol: :lol: :lol:

trust me shel, dude is gonna be wide open vs this guy
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Nole4real wrote:
shel311 wrote:I don't run PA, just out of habit. But I don't see any issues with it either.
Remember that PA play I peer pressured you into running :lol: :lol: :lol:

trust me shel, dude is gonna be wide open vs this guy
For some reason, I remember it sooooo vividly. Let's just say I remember the game a hell of a lot more than the rest of that night LOL.

I was WVU, playing Daw in a bowl game. I always pass more than I run, but this game, Slaton is absolutely going off, probably 30 carries near 200 yards, and I might have passed 10 times all game.

You come in, guaranteeing this post(or maybe seam) route will be wide open. I run the PA, safety was sitting there like he was in my huddle when I called the play, makes the easy INT :lol:

That was probably the last time I even threw a PA in a league game, 10 or so seasons ago lol.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

:lol:

TE post FTW

goddamn safety stepped up 3 yards and just sat and waited

that was one of the 1st nights i think u and i learned we're not exactly the big dawgs when it comes to drinking :)

babymillies4lyfe
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

[quote="Nole4real"that was one of the 1st nights i think u and i learned we're not exactly the big dawgs when it comes to drinking :)

babymillies4lyfe[/quote]
I most certainly gave it the old college try, though. :lol:
Daw1git
Reactions:

Post by Daw1git »

Good try WJ stop the option is tough thanks for putting this up
Daw1git
Reactions:

Post by Daw1git »

arky played like a real life oregon team
razorback44
Reactions:

Post by razorback44 »

Twistanutz22 wrote:
tball275 wrote:Don't understand using a backup QB when Tyler Wilson is on your team.
I didn't wan't to use a 2 QB system, and B. Mitchell just fits what I want to do offensively. T. Wilson is an All American QB, for sure.. But just wasn't what I was looking for to run a Read Option offense.

I was actually surprised at how well Mitchell could throw. He had really good numbers on the season, and in this game.. I think he was something like 21/30 for 256 yds, 2 TD's 0 INTs... Can't ask for more than that from a Read Option type QB, IMO.
Mitchell is a beast in real life as well. He has just gotten stuck behind two really great QB's in college in Ryan Mallett and Tyler Wilson. He is such a great athlete though we moved him to WR this past season just to get him on the field somewhere. Never played WR before in his life prior to fall practice and he ends up with 17 catches for 272 yards in 7 games.
AIM: lazydayz446
PSN: lazydayz44

Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

razorback44 wrote:
Twistanutz22 wrote:
tball275 wrote:Don't understand using a backup QB when Tyler Wilson is on your team.
I didn't wan't to use a 2 QB system, and B. Mitchell just fits what I want to do offensively. T. Wilson is an All American QB, for sure.. But just wasn't what I was looking for to run a Read Option offense.

I was actually surprised at how well Mitchell could throw. He had really good numbers on the season, and in this game.. I think he was something like 21/30 for 256 yds, 2 TD's 0 INTs... Can't ask for more than that from a Read Option type QB, IMO.
Mitchell is a beast in real life as well. He has just gotten stuck behind two really great QB's in college in Ryan Mallett and Tyler Wilson. He is such a great athlete though we moved him to WR this past season just to get him on the field somewhere. Never played WR before in his life prior to fall practice and he ends up with 17 catches for 272 yards in 7 games.
Maybe Arkansas shoulda hired me as coach this year... I'd put Mitchell to WORK!! :D
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Hell, it's mostly to fake the user safety from what I've seen, and not the AI. I know I was burned on it a few times this season, but always on my user guy.
Yeah I'm on board with this. I never meant to say there was anything wrong with his play at all. In fact I wish I could run an efficient O like that. The only time that it irks me when some one runs PA is when it's 3rd and long or late in a game and they are down multiple scores because let's face it , it does freeze the safeties just enough to create lanes even if you don't control them.

But like I said he has a pretty slick system and it was fun to watch the game and contrast in styles. Great seasons by both teams.
OutRage
Reactions:

Post by OutRage »

Mitchell is a beast. He said he will not play WR next season. He will be Arkansas QB next season. Cant wait to see Coach Beilema's playbook at Arkansas
Season 24 UNLV- New Orleans Bowl Champ
Season 25 Miami- Champs Sports Bowl Champ
Season 26 SMU- Hawaii Bowl Champ
Best way to reach me is thru the Playstation network: x-_OutRage_-x
razorback44
Reactions:

Post by razorback44 »

OutRage wrote:Mitchell is a beast. He said he will not play WR next season. He will be Arkansas QB next season. Cant wait to see Coach Beilema's playbook at Arkansas
Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with when meshing the Wisconsin philosophy with what Chaney likes to do. I envision something similar to a true "power spread" like Petrino always wanted.
AIM: lazydayz446
PSN: lazydayz44

WooPigSooie316
Reactions:

Post by WooPigSooie316 »

razorback44 wrote:
OutRage wrote:Mitchell is a beast. He said he will not play WR next season. He will be Arkansas QB next season. Cant wait to see Coach Beilema's playbook at Arkansas
Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with when meshing the Wisconsin philosophy with what Chaney likes to do. I envision something similar to a true "power spread" like Petrino always wanted.
I can only hope. :)
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

razorback44 wrote:

Just look back to Wisky and Wilson. I d look for that offense to come on back.
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

buckeye76 wrote:
razorback44 wrote:

That offense though wasn't a spread at all, it was power run based with playaction bootlegs.
WooPigSooie316
Reactions:

Post by WooPigSooie316 »

buckeye76 wrote:
razorback44 wrote:

The new OC isn't going to run the Wisky offense......should be interesting.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

The Arky defense is the real problem or lack thereof....
WooPigSooie316
Reactions:

Post by WooPigSooie316 »

ChampDizzle wrote:The Arky defense is the real problem or lack thereof....
+1
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

ChampDizzle wrote:The Arky defense is the real problem or lack thereof....
Going to be interesting to see what they can manage, even a great season likely only places them 4th in their own division. Still might be good enough for a top 15 ranking :oops:

Return to “NDL:ESPN”