46%

Total votes: 13

I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Re: Last schedule vote

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:
mbyrd75 wrote:it's definitely much improved shel.

seeit it does make a difference. that leaves us with a 6/6 TIE :o

with that i'm just going to have to make a decision. in the interest of fairness it's only right that we try to split it down the middle at 10 days. I will leave the off day in though. So 6 days a week at 10 days per sim. I realize there's 3 days in there where the 7 day lineups wont matter but hey you can still do 7 so it's not a total loss like the 14 would have been. Lets all compromise on this and move forward. I'm working on the file as we speak...err as we type

lol problem is they reset after each game they are used, So after the 7th game, they would be blank and then CPU puts random guys in all over the place

Like putting a DH to play CF. Makes things ugly
I promise you, if you set a depth chart, you will be fine. I've never used a 7 day lineup in the entire time I've played the game and I've always had solid rotated lineups.
And im telling you ive used them in NDL one, and they put fuckin Memoto in OF 15 games in 2018, I have him listed as DH only every 5th game. So explain that ?????????????????????????? Shit dont work, n then others move around where they have no buisness playing. Brejhova also played OF in 2018, listed as 1b only. SO if you dont put em in as a backup n they still play them there, Please EXPLAIN ??
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:

with that i'm just going to have to make a decision. in the interest of fairness it's only right that we try to split it down the middle at 10 days. I will leave the off day in though. So 6 days a week at 10 days per sim. I realize there's 3 days in there where the 7 day lineups wont matter but hey you can still do 7 so it's not a total loss like the 14 would have been. Lets all compromise on this and move forward. I'm working on the file as we speak...err as we type

lol problem is they reset after each game they are used, So after the 7th game, they would be blank and then CPU puts random guys in all over the place

I promise you, if you set a depth chart, you will be fine. I've never used a 7 day lineup in the entire time I've played the game and I've always had solid rotated lineups.
And im telling you ive used them in NDL one, and they put fuckin Memoto in OF 15 games in 2018, I have him listed as DH only every 5th game. So explain that ?????????????????????????? Shit dont work, n then others move around where they have no buisness playing. Brejhova also played OF in 2018, listed as 1b only. SO if you dont put em in as a backup n they still play them there, Please EXPLAIN ??
Don't know why I bothered. Do what you want.
ImageImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:

I hear you, I mean I hear you(and I dont know the answers as I'm with everyone else, I've never used a 7 day lineup and never had an issue), but the decision has been made.

matt wants to, and has finalized it, it's gonna be 6 days/week 10 games/sim, so we may as well just move on from it.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

Keep in mind that is OOTP 12. The new game has improved leaps and bounds in AI logic. here's a league where the sims are 10 days per sim. Notice throught fielding stats that players played only positions they know aside from one player playing 1/3 of an inning out of position probably due to a double switch. Even with 7 day lineups the subbing in OOTP will never be perfect. through the course of 7 or 10 day sims people get extra tired or maybe a guy gets a 1-2 day injury and misses the rest of the game where he was hurt. Extra inning games play a factor. There's a ton of variables there but like i said 13 is much better in this regard

http://ourgenerationbaseball.allsimbase ... stats.html
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:

Don't know why I bothered. Do what you want.

Please explain, I understand 85% use it, But explain how this idiots play where they arent listed, thats all i asked. You wanna chim in without a explanation to waht i asked though
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

I just explained it.... :?

look at the link. we did 10 day sims there and he was using just depth charts.
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

Can we just quit fuckin' bullshitting back and forth about it and see a file. Let's get this rolling.....I'm ready to play! :D
Tom Gordon - NDL Iowa State Cyclones
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

Knapp wrote:Can we just quit fuckin' bullshitting back and forth about it and see a file. Let's get this rolling.....I'm ready to play! :D
lol RIGHT.

what i'm working on right now is what the best Database to use is.

Option 1
Draft is filled with actual prospects from each draft year. Prospects will ahve to develop accordingly but I'd have to manually add the 2004 class to draft pool as this DB is always one year out unfortunately.

Option 2
quicker easier option the draft is of players that debuted that year not the year they were drafted. No extra work on my end but some of these will come in big league ready. so technically there wouldn't be alot of "prospects"

at this point i'm good either way but i'm testing both to see which looks better
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

I really liked your idea of adding each team's actual prospects from the 2004 season, as part of our minor league system. Are you still considering doing that? If it's too much work, I understand. But to add more players that are already supposed to be part of that particular organization would be sweet...even sweeter, seasons down the road, when we're wanting more "real" players as the fictional players take over the league!
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

yeah its easier for me to do that then to put them in the draft pool. The draft classes in historical are definitely weaker than in fictional but it will be more realistic. there will be fictional players in the minors at the start but not too many. I realized with my last league you just have to have those or there is 0 activity because the Databases only include players that reached the majors.
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

You da man! Best NDL OOTP Commish EVER! :lol: Best historical league OOTP Commish ever!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

ajalves wrote:in 10 or however many seasons i've never used a 7 day lineup
Yeah... you're input on this doesn't really matter... with your pitching staff you could roll out 8 gimps, in alphabetical order and win 100 games.
PSN: ReignOnU
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

if everybody was willing to start earlier. say 1999 then i could keep the feeder system i've already built for the old OGBL. I had set up NCAA and HS leagues and imported the first years class (seniors). Each year in the offseason i'd add the new freshman crop and we'd get to watch them grow. pretty cool concept but I guess I already committed to 2004
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

mbyrd75 wrote:if everybody was willing to start earlier. say 1999 then i could keep the feeder system i've already built for the old OGBL. I had set up NCAA and HS leagues and imported the first years class (seniors). Each year in the offseason i'd add the new freshman crop and we'd get to watch them grow. pretty cool concept but I guess I already committed to 2004

That would be SO SWEET!!!!! I'd shoot for around 1997ish. Let some of the guys consider that....you might be surprised of the results. Guys weren't picky about the start year.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Meh, let's go with what we've got
ImageImageImageImage
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:Meh, let's go with what we've got
Nobody asked the young buck....let the thirtysomethings mull it over!
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Knapp wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:Meh, let's go with what we've got
Nobody asked the young buck....let the thirtysomethings mull it over!
You've posted in these 2 threads more than the entire other league cumulatively.
ImageImageImageImage
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

it would have to be 1999. the file is mid 1998 right now with the senior class added. but it looks pretty fn sweet not gonna lie.

http://ourgenerationbaseball.allsimbase ... _home.html

thats the NCAA section you can take a look. hit the BNN Index to view HS and MLB etc etc
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

mbyrd75 wrote:if everybody was willing to start earlier. say 1999 then i could keep the feeder system i've already built for the old OGBL. I had set up NCAA and HS leagues and imported the first years class (seniors). Each year in the offseason i'd add the new freshman crop and we'd get to watch them grow. pretty cool concept but I guess I already committed to 2004
i honestly dont care wht year we start.

i guess my question is...if we start in 2000 (or whenever) and we get to the draft in 2003.....Im the braves, will i get whoever made the braves in 2003 added to my minors?

I am not a huge fan of that.

for the record, im just trying to understand
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I'm ok with going with 1999 if it's easier to get up and running.
PSN: ReignOnU

Return to “NDLB2:OOTP”