Questions regarding new 2013 rules changes

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Re: Questions regarding new 2013 rules changes

Post by swellvermin »

BIGmike wrote:
swellvermin wrote:
CrimsonBassn78 wrote:It is rather distracting when it is up there constantly. I have also noticed playing other players online that if they are using strategy you can't see the results like you used to. However you can see the L2 menu pop up when they use it. Anyone else notice this?
You can only see the L2 popup menu when the game randomly glitches. Happened to me n stimp tonight in an od game. I could see him guessing run left, right, mid or playing pass and keying reciever. His L2 box stayed on my screen the whole time regardless of if he was adjusting anything. I knew he was adjusting cause i could see whatever he was choosing light up in yellow. Ie run left was quickly highlited yellow presnap. Once my offensive drive was over, and he was on offense, it went off my screen, and he could not see my L2 adjusment box on his ensuing offensive drive.

So basically you can tell if theyre guessing run or pass or whatever, and they would never know you could see it unless you say something. Very weird, and irritating esp cause that L2 box covers up 2-3 dbs depending on their defensive play call. So sick....in a bad way :|
He was using guess the run and pass? :lol:
Indeed. We were experimenting with all sorts of nonsense. :twisted:
ReignOnU wrote:Hey swelly... when we played, do you recall seeing this stuff pop up?
Never happened in our game. Honest.
Matt90210
Reactions:

Post by Matt90210 »

Is guess pass against the rules?

I only use it in obvious situations (3rd and long, end of half/game hail marys) and sometimes I don't even use it at all in terms of L2 + right stick up. However, I noticed when testing my stream if I spotlight a receiver and the player throws to him and it gets batted down or something, it says I played the pass when I actually didn't.

I know play the run is banned but how about the pass?
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Matt90210 wrote:Is guess pass against the rules?

I only use it in obvious situations (3rd and long, end of half/game hail marys) and sometimes I don't even use it at all in terms of L2 + right stick up. However, I noticed when testing my stream if I spotlight a receiver and the player throws to him and it gets batted down or something, it says I played the pass when I actually didn't.

You can use the play the pass and use the spotlight thing.
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

buckeye76 wrote:

I thought those were both banned as well? I think they are just bad as the other BS.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

BIGmike wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:

I thought those were both banned as well? I think they are just bad as the other BS.
Nah Mike, they aren't banned. Moderation Moderation Moderation.....

Although, since you brought it up I take a little time to agree with you on my feelings on all the gimmick stuff in this game this year and past. I just call a play. I dont need a little play the pass feature or a spotlight to help me out. I wish EA would do away with all this crap. What happened to calling a play and running it? Rant over...but if you play me you won't see any of this.

JMO ofcourse.....
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

buckeye76 wrote:
BIGmike wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:

Although, since you brought it up I take a little time to agree with you on my feelings on all the gimmick stuff in this game this year and past. I just call a play. I dont need a little play the pass feature or a spotlight to help me out. I wish EA would do away with all this crap. What happened to calling a play and running it? Rant over...but if you play me you won't see any of this.

JMO ofcourse.....

I am the same as you buckeye, I call plays and run them, I don't do any of that gimmick stuff.
The only thing I do is tell my line off or def to crash or block a certain way, be aggressive or that kind of stuff and that is about it.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

buckeye76 wrote:
BIGmike wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:

JMO ofcourse.....
Yea i always felt play the pass was just as bad,
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

6ftdeep wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:
BIGmike wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:

JMO ofcourse.....
Yea i always felt play the pass was just as bad,
Not nearly, I have had some huge plays with calling draws when people have done this, and I have also been gashed by some runs when I tried it as well.
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

fsupenguin wrote: Not nearly, I have had some huge plays with calling draws when people have done this, and I have also been gashed by some runs when I tried it as well.
Yes, draws work against play the pass but you also are going to have to set up your blocks, you can't just run past your linemen.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Shiftdnb wrote:
fsupenguin wrote: Not nearly, I have had some huge plays with calling draws when people have done this, and I have also been gashed by some runs when I tried it as well.
Yes, draws work against play the pass but you also are going to have to set up your blocks, you can't just run past your linemen.

Why should you be able to just run past your lineman?
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

Weasel wrote:
Shiftdnb wrote:

Why should you be able to just run past your lineman?
What I'm saying is on draws a lot of time a lineman will go up field to block the linebackers that have dropped into zone. A lot of times I catch myself running past the lineman and not giving him an angle or time to block the linebacker and the linebacker will make the tackle easily.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Ah, gotcha. I thought you were saying it like it was a bad thing

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”