Commissioner Transition Complete

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

Neurotic
Reactions:

Re: Commissioner Transition Complete

Post by Neurotic »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:41 pm
Neurotic wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:04 pm Imagine thinking an online league would die because you switched to a method of easier communication.
Imagine not understanding what the NDL is actually about
We gReW uP oN tHeSe fOrUms.

Just because you have something here, doesn't mean you cant improve it or have the same thing elsewhere. I'm not even advocating for the league to go to Discord or Slack, its just such a stupid notion to think the league would die because its not using the forums for communicating. There is nothing inherently special about these forums. It runs off old outdated phpBB. It is not the forums that make the league, its the people.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

You lost me on your stupid first line. Typical young buck response
ImageImageImage
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:41 am You lost me on your stupid first line. Typical young buck response
Pretty sure I'm the same age if not close to you. It is not about age. Though tbh, I'm not sure I expected a different response from you.

The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Neurotic wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:30 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:41 pm
Neurotic wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:04 pm Imagine thinking an online league would die because you switched to a method of easier communication.
Imagine not understanding what the NDL is actually about
We gReW uP oN tHeSe fOrUms.

Just because you have something here, doesn't mean you cant improve it or have the same thing elsewhere. I'm not even advocating for the league to go to Discord or Slack, its just such a stupid notion to think the league would die because its not using the forums for communicating. There is nothing inherently special about these forums. It runs off old outdated phpBB. It is not the forums that make the league, its the people.

I still don't understand why some people can't just accept the fact that the forums are here to stay?

No once cares if it is using outdated phpBB, it works just fine for the purpose that we use these forums for.

And as far as using Slack, we have it and we use it, why is it a big deal that some of us don't want the forums to go away?
I really don't think people feel the NDL will die if we move to Slack, I think it is more of, this is us, if you don't like it, run along.

Not being an ass about it, but personally, it is easier to follow conversations on the forums, but that is just my opinion.
On Slack, I do feel like I miss things more than reading the forums.

But again, if forums are not your thing, no one is holding you to be a part of the NDL OOTP. There are 1000's of leagues out there that use Slack or Discord, go find one if that is what you want.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

This again?
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

Ry wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:57 amThis again?
Like a bad rerun.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Some people just don't understand and want it their way.
ImageImageImage
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

most of us are a bunch of old fuqs who've been on this forum awhile. Im happy with the slack/forum combo. It's the same format when we had the ndl college football running. We used aim and the forums. It's worked for a long time.
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

The_Niddler wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 am I still don't understand why some people can't just accept the fact that the forums are here to stay?

No once cares if it is using outdated phpBB, it works just fine for the purpose that we use these forums for.

And as far as using Slack, we have it and we use it, why is it a big deal that some of us don't want the forums to go away?
I really don't think people feel the NDL will die if we move to Slack, I think it is more of, this is us, if you don't like it, run along.

Not being an ass about it, but personally, it is easier to follow conversations on the forums, but that is just my opinion.

But again, if forums are not your thing, no one is holding you to be a part of the NDL OOTP. There are 1000's of leagues out there that use Slack or Discord, go find one if that is what you want.
If you bother to read my posts at all, you'll see that I wasn't advocating for a transition to either Slack or Discord. I was responding to a comment he made about the league dying if it moved off of the forums.

Instead of getting stupidly defensive all the time, why don't you take a moment to apply some reading comprehension to what people say. You all immediately cry THE FORUMS ARE HERE TO STAY whenever someone even mentions Discord or Slack even out of context. It truly is ridiculous.

In all truthfulness, this league is hampered by being mostly forum based. It makes recruiting very difficult, something Billy can confirm. The vast majority of online OOTP users avoid forum heavy leagues.
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Neurotic wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:43 pm
The_Niddler wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 am I still don't understand why some people can't just accept the fact that the forums are here to stay?

If you bother to read my posts at all, you'll see that I wasn't advocating for a transition to either Slack or Discord. I was responding to a comment he made about the league dying if it moved off of the forums.

Instead of getting stupidly defensive all the time, why don't you take a moment to apply some reading comprehension to what people say. You all immediately cry THE FORUMS ARE HERE TO STAY whenever someone even mentions Discord or Slack even out of context. It truly is ridiculous.

In all truthfulness, this league is hampered by being mostly forum based. It makes recruiting very difficult, something Billy can confirm. The vast majority of online OOTP users avoid forum heavy leagues.
ratio
Roggie
Reactions:

Post by Roggie »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:05 am
Some people just don't understand and want it their way.

Damn, do you realize how much this fits you on literally everything?
Roggie
Reactions:

Post by Roggie »

Ry wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:12 am most of us are a bunch of old fuqs who've been on this forum awhile. Im happy with the slack/forum combo. It's the same format when we had the ndl college football running. We used aim and the forums. It's worked for a long time.
IMO, it works fine, but I can definitely see it hurting recruiting new owners because a lot of people don't like forums anymore.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Neurotic wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:43 pm

:lol:
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”