NBA Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: NBA Thread

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:59 pm His bro has been great lately too
ohhh, I'm aware!

For the month of February, Lonzo shot 47% from 3 on 8.1 attempts per game.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I don't think the Bucks PR team really thought this one all the way through

https://twitter.com/markrhuffer/status/ ... 5324521%2F
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

TJ McConnell has 9 steals at halftime.

That's gotta be some kind of record.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

The Pels absolutely embarrassed the Clippers last night. No one on LAC could stop Zion from driving and Ingram was making ridiculous contested shots (that's not going to happen every night). What Zion was doing last night is what I was ranting about LeBron doing during his early Cavs years (not comparing the 2 at all). LeBron was too passive for my taste and I feel like he could have scored at will, off of the dribble, against anyone in the league. I knew Zion had good ball control "for his size," but I don't think people realize that he's way above average when it comes to driving and passing.

What's crazy to me... their main 3 were all born after I graduated HS. (ok, I'm old... they are 23, 23, and 20) I'm also still very high on Jaxson Hayes. He's still 20 as well and was incredibly raw coming into the league. He's a ridiculous athlete, with a great attitude and comes from a family with pro football connections. Compared to most elite kids coming out of HS, he didn't fly around the scene like they did. Kind of a late bloomer.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ReignOnU wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:29 am I'm also still very high on Jaxson Hayes
He's obviously young and raw and was always going to take time to develop but as of a month or so ago, he felt like a lost cause.

But in the last 5 games, he's 24 of 27 from the field and making plays on defense.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

ReignOnU wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:29 am The Pels absolutely embarrassed the Clippers last night. No one on LAC could stop Zion from driving and Ingram was making ridiculous contested shots (that's not going to happen every night). What Zion was doing last night is what I was ranting about LeBron doing during his early Cavs years (not comparing the 2 at all). LeBron was too passive for my taste and I feel like he could have scored at will, off of the dribble, against anyone in the league. I knew Zion had good ball control "for his size," but I don't think people realize that he's way above average when it comes to driving and passing.

What's crazy to me... their main 3 were all born after I graduated HS. (ok, I'm old... they are 23, 23, and 20) I'm also still very high on Jaxson Hayes. He's still 20 as well and was incredibly raw coming into the league. He's a ridiculous athlete, with a great attitude and comes from a family with pro football connections. Compared to most elite kids coming out of HS, he didn't fly around the scene like they did. Kind of a late bloomer.
You arent going to change Georges mind...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Since we're talking Pels today
Zion Williamson is averaging 28.4 PPG with a 65.0% FG pct over his last 15 games.

He's the first player to average at least 28 PPG while shooting 65% or better over any 15-game span since Karl Malone in 1989.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:19 pm Since we're talking Pels today
Zion Williamson is averaging 28.4 PPG with a 65.0% FG pct over his last 15 games.

He's the first player to average at least 28 PPG while shooting 65% or better over any 15-game span since Karl Malone in 1989.
Meh
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

man, George is stubborn
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ajalves wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:00 am man, George is stubborn
Duh!
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

George theres still time to say you made a mistake on Zion
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:21 pm George theres still time to say you made a mistake on Zion
In his second year.....nope. his 5th year I'll admit it. He'll never be the #1 on a championship contender so I'll stick to my guns. Let me see a mid range game outside of his amazing dunking ability.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:29 pm He'll never be the #1 on a championship contender so I'll stick to my guns
How is this sticking to your guns when you're claim is that he'd be a bust? :lol:

It looks like you've already conceded while also saying you're sticking to your guns. Oops!

All he does is dunk!!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 pm
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:29 pm He'll never be the #1 on a championship contender so I'll stick to my guns
How is this sticking to your guns when you're claim is that he'd be a bust? :lol:

It looks like you've already conceded while also saying you're sticking to your guns. Oops!

All he does is dunk!!
Go back and look, I've said he'd never be more than Shawn Kemp. A great dunker that couldn't lead a team to a championship
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Are we really doing this... Again :lol:
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:36 pm Go back and look
Sure, let's go back and look:
GeorgesGoons wrote:I'm just glad I don't have to hear about Zion now. I cannot wait till he gets to the NBA where he is matched up with other Elite athletes on a nightly basis. He will be a bust!
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:36 pm I've said he'd never be more than Shawn Kemp
No, you said he'd be a bust. Also... How long do you guys think it'll take George to realize that Zion at 20 years old is wayyyyyyyy better than the absolute best version of Shawn Kemp?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:46 pm Are we really doing this... Again :lol:
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:36 pm Go back and look
Sure, let's go back and look:
GeorgesGoons wrote:I'm just glad I don't have to hear about Zion now. I cannot wait till he gets to the NBA where he is matched up with other Elite athletes on a nightly basis. He will be a bust!
GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:36 pm I've said he'd never be more than Shawn Kemp
No, you said he'd be a bust. Also... How long do you guys think it'll take George to realize that Zion at 20 years old is wayyyyyyyy better than the absolute best version of Shawn Kemp?
If I had your time and energy to look up supporting statements that fit what you want it to say I'd be 20 years old too. I'm sure there are multiple times I said he was the next kemp....but keep posting out of context. That's what we love about you
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

So your direct quote saying he'd be a bust is out of context? :lol:

Can someone explain to George what "context" means.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:24 am So your direct quote saying he'd be a bust is out of context? :lol:

Can someone explain to George what "context" means.
2 years in the league doesn't anoint him as being one of the greatest as you have alluded to.. he'll never be more than a secondary player on any championship team. He's great, elite, inside 5 feet. Nothing more.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

And yes, he will be a bust when it comes to the expectations you out on him
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”