NBA Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
jeheinz72
Reactions:

Re: NBA Thread

Post by jeheinz72 »

cougnix wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:22 pm ESPN posted a stat.

Golden State is 19th in 3pt %. If Oubre didn't take any threes they would be 4th
Yeah, hopefully he turns it on when some of the overachievers from deep (Bazemore, Lee, Mulder) see the law of averages hit

I've really enjoyed this years' Warriors. No, they aren't the behemoth of seasons past, but they're fun to watch. Last night Steph had literally the worst shooting night of his career thanks to the Raps blanketing him, and they still pulled it out.

Wiseman is going to be legit. The kid seems to "get it" and I've already noticed a lot of improvement from the first couple games to now
GM of the Fresno Grizzlies, 2071 - on
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Stop sleeping on Patrick Williams!!!!!!
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

jeheinz72 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:47 am

Golden State is 19th in 3pt %. If Oubre didn't take any threes they would be 4th
Yeah, hopefully he turns it on when some of the overachievers from deep (Bazemore, Lee, Mulder) see the law of averages hit

I've really enjoyed this years' Warriors. No, they aren't the behemoth of seasons past, but they're fun to watch. Last night Steph had literally the worst shooting night of his career thanks to the Raps blanketing him, and they still pulled it out.

Wiseman is going to be legit. The kid seems to "get it" and I've already noticed a lot of improvement from the first couple games to now
yeah they are long on the defensive side. seems like there is no easy layups, scrapy bunch on defensive side. they are just trying to figure out their roles and rotations. this group hasnt played together at all. i enjoy watching them play. with the nba package, i like watching the hawks, charlotte play as well.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Mavs v Pels is off. Boo.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

NBA season is gonna be paused soon if I had to guess.
jeheinz72
Reactions:

Post by jeheinz72 »

plasma1896 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 pm
jeheinz72 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:47 am

yeah they are long on the defensive side. seems like there is no easy layups, scrapy bunch on defensive side. they are just trying to figure out their roles and rotations. this group hasnt played together at all. i enjoy watching them play. with the nba package, i like watching the hawks, charlotte play as well.

Yeah, a lot of "sky is falling" after the two blowout losses in Brooklyn and Milwaukee to open the year, but no Draymond and really a cast of characters with a minimal camp/pre-season who hadn't figured things out yet. I still don't know if they're a playoff team in a deep West, but they'll be hanging around it all year I think. Depends if they can solve the lockdown-Steph defenses or not
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Toronto will be picking top 5 so if you guys are excited cause GSW beat Toronto ..
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

What is going on in Toronto? Hard to believe Ibaka and Gasol are the difference between a 60 win team and a bottom tier team. I don't buy it.

It's the same core.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:12 pm What is going on in Toronto? Hard to believe Ibaka and Gasol are the difference between a 60 win team and a bottom tier team. I don't buy it.

It's the same core.
- Shooting too many 3s and not making enough
- Getting bodied on the boards
- Too many fouls

While Boucher's improvements are nice, the loss of Ibaka and Gasol without an adequate interior presence is pretty clear.
PSN: ReignOnU
jeheinz72
Reactions:

Post by jeheinz72 »

Yeah, I mean Toronto is a fringe East playoff team (I think 538 had them 5th in the East). Wins against the Clips and Blazers were nice though. Another solid barometer game tomorrow (if it happens), hosting the Pacers.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:12 pm What is going on in Toronto? Hard to believe Ibaka and Gasol are the difference between a 60 win team and a bottom tier team. I don't buy it.

It's the same core.
Raps played hardball trying to save some money for Giannis in UFa and it backfired. They thought they could get both Gasol and Ibaka so they lowballed Serge but the rumor was he hated coming off the bench so that was a failure.

Lowry older. The core isn’t playing well. FVV got paid so he’s no longer underrated. Pascal has been absolutely awful.

Just a lot of shit. But still have a title so can’t take that away
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

nick wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:55 pmBut still have a title so can’t take that away
Is that George? In the OOTP thread?
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

nick wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 pm Toronto will be picking top 5 so if you guys are excited cause GSW beat Toronto ..
warriors will be picking top 5 as well with Minnesota pick they have
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

At the same moment the Nets were tipping off last night, Kyrie was spotted on a Zoom call for some meeting to support a District Attorney in Manhatten.

Harden takes no blame for the Rockets sucking and throws his entire team under the bus last night.

Man, I love the NBA.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Looks like Harden will be moved soon. He's staying away from the team it seems until a deal is made.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

shel311 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:43 pm Looks like Harden will be moved soon. He's staying away from the team it seems until a deal is made.
Reunited with Durant.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

The_Niddler wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:39 am
nick wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:55 pmBut still have a title so can’t take that away
Is that George? In the OOTP thread?
Unlike Toronto, the Beef had to go thru murderers row to win it all
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Bulls and Mavs are at the half. Luka has 30/7/5 but Bulls up 15. Pretty much my dream scenario
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Zion Williamson has scored 30+ points with a 70+ FG% in three of his last five games.

The last player to record three such games in a five-game span was LeBron James in February 2013.
Bust!!!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:40 pm
Zion Williamson has scored 30+ points with a 70+ FG% in three of his last five games.

The last player to record three such games in a five-game span was LeBron James in February 2013.
Bust!!!
Much better than I thought. But I did say he was a Kemp type player... he'll be great for 3-5 years tops. I'll admit it if I'm wrong in 3 more years
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Forum”