NBA Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: NBA Thread

Post by Cnasty »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:48 pm
Cnasty wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:45 pm Luka is beating the Clippers 77-27 at the half :lol:
Just saw it was 120-71 with 2 minutes left. Did Luka have a triple double after the first half?
I assume the 1st quarter :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Cnasty wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:45 pm Luka is beating the Clippers 77-27 at the half :lol:
Come on down Miami!

You are the next contestant in lop sided NBA scores!

29 3s :shock:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

@_Andrew_Lopez
@ESPNStatsInfo
, entering tonight, teams were were 8,104-2 in the last 10 seasons when leading by 6+ points with under 25 seconds remaining in the regulation
Pels notched that 3rd loss out of 8,107 games tonight.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Luka Doncic is the first player with a 30-point, 15-rebound, 10-assist triple-double since Luka Doncic on 8/4/20, who was the first to do it since Luka Doncic on 3/4/20.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Bulls come back from down 20 and now win 4 of 5 to get to 4-4. I like some of the things I'm seeing from Billy Donovan and this is becoming a fun team. Still an evaluation year to see what we got but finally some hope with the new leadership in town.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

imagine what they'd do if they didn't have a ball dominant pg taking the 2nd most shots on the team putting up 35% shooting every night!
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

DRiccio21 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 am imagine what they'd do if they didn't have a ball dominant pg taking the 2nd most shots on the team putting up 35% shooting every night!
Only 20 years old and played 9 games as a point guard. I don’t know if he is a long term point guard but I’ll buy all the Coby White stock!!!!!

18 and 5.6 on 37% from 3. I’ll take it
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

wdoupis wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:12 pm
DRiccio21 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 am imagine what they'd do if they didn't have a ball dominant pg taking the 2nd most shots on the team putting up 35% shooting every night!
Only 20 years old and played 9 games as a point guard. I don’t know if he is a long term point guard but I’ll buy all the Coby White stock!!!!!

18 and 5.6 on 37% from 3. I’ll take it
I saw enough of White at UNC to know he's not gonna change... I wouldn't expect more than what you've seen the last 2 weeks.
PSN: ReignOnU
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I loved what I saw at UNC. He has just never played point guard and was on a team his rookie year that was the worst coached team in the league by a freaking clown in Boylen. I don't know if he can become a good pg or if he is just going to be a 3rd guard who can put up 18 a game as a 6th man which I'll take and is valuable. I'm also not going to say a 20 year old with elite quickness, good size, who can shoot and create his own shot can not develop his play making and become a pg.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

wdoupis wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:46 pm I loved what I saw at UNC. He has just never played point guard and was on a team his rookie year that was the worst coached team in the league by a freaking clown in Boylen. I don't know if he can become a good pg or if he is just going to be a 3rd guard who can put up 18 a game as a 6th man which I'll take and is valuable. I'm also not going to say a 20 year old with elite quickness, good size, who can shoot and create his own shot can not develop his play making and become a pg.
Lou Williams kind of role would fit him very well.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

He can def improve. I just have never seen the flashes outside of the AAU type games like the Sac game
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

So Kyrie didn't play tonight due to personal reasons but no one in the Nets organization know why.

Steve Nash said he didn't know the personal reason and ws unable to get in touch with Kyrie.

Fun!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

DRiccio21 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:57 pm He can def improve. I just have never seen the flashes outside of the AAU type games like the Sac game
Very nice way to say 'shitty defense' and 'no offensive sets.'
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:57 pm He can def improve. I just have never seen the flashes outside of the AAU type games like the Sac game
I'm looking back at the previous comments but I am not sure who the heck you are talking about.

BTW, Fultz has a torn ACL. Has he gained a jump shot since leaving Philly?
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:50 am
I'm looking back at the previous comments but I am not sure who the heck you are talking about.

BTW, Fultz has a torn ACL. Has he gained a jump shot since leaving Philly?
Talking about Coby White, Bulls PG. He's got a lot of offensive game, but he's not really a true PG. The game Dave is referring to was a 120-something shootout for each team, in which D. Fox got hurt and the Kings really suck at defense anyway. He's basically saying in a free-flowing, light defense kind of game, White can popoff.

As for Fultz, he did work on his shot some, but it really wasn't anything to brag about. He improved since leaving Philly, but he's never going to justify that draft pick. He was carving a spot as an average PG, with some good slashing ability. Kind of like a 'basic Russ.' Hate to say it, but what little chance he had of doing anything above average is probably gone now with this ACL tear.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I like Coby White at UNC. I have yet to watch him play as a Bull though.
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

ESPN posted a stat.

Golden State is 19th in 3pt %. If Oubre didn't take any threes they would be 4th
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Youngest player in NBA history to record a triple double - Lamelo Ball

Meanwhile, Lonzo is really bad.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 pm Youngest player in NBA history to record a triple double - Lamelo Ball

Meanwhile, Lonzo is really bad.
He was 1 assist away from doing vs Lonza and the Pels just a few nights ago too. I was pretty confident the guys to get in this draft were #1 Wiseman and #2 Ball... Haliburton is trying to mess with that projection, but I still feel pretty good about how it's playing out. I know that neither Wiseman or Ball are playing much more than 20-25mpg... but I'm sure their PER 48s are near the top of the rookie production and Wiseman's could be really incredible. Wiseman has this explosiveness in his game that is just so smooth. Guys like Howard, Griffin, D. Jordan, etc, were explosive leapers, but you saw this overwhelming power. With Wiseman, it happens so fast, but it's so slick. The only other person I really recall doing that was Cousins, pre-injuries.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”