Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by ReignOnU »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:21 pm
nick wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 pm It’s kinda wild ppl think 1 person could possibly appease 330 million different opinions. You shouldn’t be voting for Biden or Trump, you should be voting for who you think the people they appoint to work under them will be.
Nick almost has it with this statement.

I can speak on the conservative view. We vote on conservative views. We vote on potential judicial nominees, which is extremely important for us.

So we don't vote for Trump or against Biden, we vote on the potential policies and judicial nominees
Nick rose up out of no where, elevated above the rim, ready to hammer it down on everyone... but the lackluster finish was just a bit off of the mark. George crashed the paint hard and flushed the put back dunk. Well done fellas. Nick just needs a little Sprite.
PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Taking all that time for prep debate didn't help
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I will say, I enjoy the CNN outlook on all of this. They only point to COVID. That is their only comeback on anything Trump says. COVID isn't going to be here for the next 10 years with the death rate we have now. We gotta see what the plan is for everything else as well
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Trump's biggest blunder was saying the peoe that show up to court have low IQs was a dumb ass statement
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020 ... l-preside/

They will continue to update the link as they fact check but it looks like not to many straight truths from either guy.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:31 pm https://www.politifact.com/article/2020 ... l-preside/

They will continue to update the link as they fact check but it looks like not to many straight truths from either guy.
Let's hope they put in there where Trump claimed biden said his closing china flights as racist fear mongering and biden said it's not true. I'd hate to come up with the text where he said it. I doubt they will add that though
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:14 am
Crowes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:31 pm https://www.politifact.com/article/2020 ... l-preside/

Let's hope they put in there where Trump claimed biden said his closing china flights as racist fear mongering and biden said it's not true. I'd hate to come up with the text where he said it. I doubt they will add that though
You gotta do that thing y'all don't like people doing to Trump. Make an assumption. :lol:

He made a broad statement but didn't specifically say he was against the travel ban.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewst ... a-problem/
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:54 am

You gotta do that thing y'all don't like people doing to Trump. Make an assumption. :lol:

He made a broad statement but didn't specifically say he was against the travel ban.

From Joe's is twitter page in response to a Trump tweet. But twist it however you want

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/124 ... l-n1237814
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am
Crowes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:54 am

From Joe's is twitter page in response to a Trump tweet. But twist it however you want

One could see it as being about the rhetoric of labeling it the China virus and whatnot. But I can see the assumption either way 🤷‍♂️
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Crowes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:25 am
GeorgesGoons wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am From Joe's is twitter page in response to a Trump tweet. But twist it however you want

One could see it as being about the rhetoric of labeling it the China virus and whatnot. But I can see the assumption either way 🤷‍♂️
I could see how you can read it that way. I just don't read it that way at all, but hell, I was horrible in english class
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The same day Trump imposed the travel ban, Biden tweeted that Trump should use science instead of his xenophobia to lead the way, but we're pretending that Biden wasn't talking about the travel ban, is that what we're doing?
Also on January 31, Biden made an Iowa stump speech, saying in part that “this is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fear mongering to lead the way instead of science,” which Trump later characterized as Biden calling the travel restrictions “xenophobic” (Biden repeated the line on Twitter the next day.)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:22 am The same day Trump imposed the travel ban, Biden tweeted that Trump should use science instead of his xenophobia to lead the way, but we're pretending that Biden wasn't talking about the travel ban, is that what we're doing?
Also on January 31, Biden made an Iowa stump speech, saying in part that “this is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fear mongering to lead the way instead of science,” which Trump later characterized as Biden calling the travel restrictions “xenophobic” (Biden repeated the line on Twitter the next day.)
That's Crowes take. He took it another way.....Like I said, I was never good in english class but I think I understood this one pretty well

Go to the twitter link I posted above. Kind of hard not to see it as any other way than Biden calling him xenophobic and fear mongering
ImageImageImage
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

shel311 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:22 am The same day Trump imposed the travel ban, Biden tweeted that Trump should use science instead of his xenophobia to lead the way, but we're pretending that Biden wasn't talking about the travel ban, is that what we're doing?
As with most things trump the base action wasnt the problem it was all the divisive rhetoric that he pushes out with it that gets the other side of the isle's panties in a wad.

You really think there would have been as much of a uproar if he had just said my advisors and health experts believe this is the best coarse of action and left it at that? Then whatever is said after there is a clear difference as to what is being said or disagreed with.
Last edited by Crowes on Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Crowes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:44 am
As with most things trump the base action wasnt the problem it was all the divisive rhetoric that he pushes out with it that gets the other side of the isle's panties in a wad.

You really think there would have been as much of a uproar if he had just said my advisors and health experts believe this is the best coarse of action and left it at that?

So that's a yes?
PSN: ReignOnU
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

ReignOnU wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 am
Crowes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:44 am

You really think there would have been as much of a uproar if he had just said my advisors and health experts believe this is the best coarse of action and left it at that?

So that's a yes?
Yes what? Someone can't be in favor of limitations put on a country with a high infection rate but against it being framed in a xenophobic way?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Crowes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:44 am As with most things trump the base action wasnt the problem it was all the divisive rhetoric that he pushes out with it that gets the other side of the isle's panties in a wad.

You really think there would have been as much of a uproar if he had just said my advisors and health experts believe this is the best coarse of action and left it at that? Then whatever is said after there is a clear difference as to what is being said or disagreed with.
Re: Politics and stuffPost detailsQuote GeorgesGoons
by GeorgesGoons » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:28 am
This doesn't address the idea that BIden waited 1 or maybe even 2 months before going on record to say we should have done the ban.

I think it was painfully clear at the time based on the info we have that Biden was not in favor of the China ban at the time it happened. That's not some bold take, that's pretty common knowledge at this point.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Betting line went down with trump supporters betting.. then it went right back up cause Biden’s winning. Wish I was a bookie sometimes
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Biden was just joking...... He wasn't serious... It was just a sarcastic statement. :lol: New age trumpian rules on saying something but not really saying it right?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

No clue how to embed YouTube videos any more but the way the moderator says, "why would you do that?" is in the same tone I say that to my children when they do something dumb :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIbrBk9b1Hg&app=desktop

Return to “Off Topic Forum”