GoTW - Week 1

The American Athletic Conference
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

GoTW - Week 1

Post by Wasted Memory »

ImageImage
ImageCoach Weasel: 0-0 (0-0) vs. ImageCoach driccio 0-0 (0-0)

Two dedicated coaches who are both long time veterans of the NDL. While it is quite a mismatch as far as team ratings go, the Spartans will still need to be on top of their game. UConn will look to continue its short passing game mixed with runs and as long as they remain focused on simply getting the first downs they should be able to move the ball into the red zone, the problem will be getting into the end zone instead of settling for FG's in the red zone. Defensively, UConn will not be able to compete. They will need to make sure the offense puts points up or at least avoids the costly turnovers. Michigan States offensive line should have no problem pushing the Huskies around giving the State running backs a big day.

AAC NOTABLES

Image Coach footballkelly31: 0-0 (0-0) vs. Image Coach steelcitychaos: 0-0 (0-0)
Temple has had the same coach for some time now and although the away team, should have an easy enough time with a lowly Minnesota team. Steelcity will have a decent handle on his squad but shouldn't be able to contend with the Owls overall experience.

Image Coach fsupengiun 0-0 (0-0) vs. Image Coach CrimsonBassn78: 0-0 (0-0)
SMU was very successful last season and saw their coach move on to a new gig. The new coach brought in to replace him has all the same skill sets if not better. He should have his Pony's up and rearing to go against an SEC team that will face the humiliation of having an opening week lose to the AAC.

Image Coach Black Rain: 0-0 (0-0) vs. Image Coach Toro: 0-0 (0-0)
Central Florida is a tough squad that has the ability to beat Penn State. Unfortunately they have the misfortune of facing this team twice in a row (NDL Cup Round One). Pulling off one win is a guarantee, pulling off two might be a little much.

Image Coach ICE: 0-0 (0-0) vs. Image Coach Dakshdar: 0-0 (0-0)
Can't swear to it, but I believe this is an annual game between these two coaches. Being the last season that makes this game all that more important to both. Rutgers has to be smiling over having home field advantage and should look to take full advantage of that.

Image Coach BIGmike: 0-0 (0-0) vs. Image Coach nick 0-0 (0-0)
Louisville will be a favorite this year in many voters minds to challenge for the BCS National Championship. Unfortunately they play in the AAC which is not usually loaded with Top 25 teams. Playing against an Aztec team that they should put away by half time will not be beneficial to them come the end of the season. But it's not always about playing the big boys, you've got to enjoy your opponents.
RanDawg
Reactions:

Re: GoTW - Week 1

Post by RanDawg »

I have been in the NDL for a LONG time (since season 1 actually with about a 5 season absence due to student teaching and finding a teaching job). With that said . . . as long as I can remember back . . . this is the FIRST time I have had a conference commish go ABOVE AND BEYOND to make the conference he was responsible for the BEST ever.

Every other conference commish did their job, don't get me wrong. But the articles you are putting out to make this season special is FREAK'n awesome.

The University of Houston salutes you . . .
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

A+ write up!
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Thank you guys.

I believe the Pac 12 is upset with me right now for leaving :lol: .
nightwing_v6
Reactions:

Post by nightwing_v6 »

Wasted Memory wrote:Thank you guys.

I believe the Pac 12 is upset with me right now for leaving :lol: .
Very upset, only reason I joined the conference.

Return to “AAC”