FIFA 14 Trailer/E3 Reveal/Gamescon Reveal

This is the place for all Soccer games played in the NDL.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: FIFA 14 Trailer/E3 Reveal/Gamescon Reveal

Post by ReignOnU »

I've only played drop-in games with my pro so far. Just experimenting with different styles of players right now. I'll get into FUT later this week, where I can build my teams to counter whatever I commonly see.
PSN: ReignOnU
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

jsence2 wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:
BIGmike wrote:This game is just blah. Defense is now awful and heading is insanely overpowered. The games online turn into whoever can sprint down the fastest and cross. First touch, even with guys with amazing ball control stats, is atrocious. Hopefully the PS4 version is better.
I disagree on almost every point other than seeing some powerful headers.

I'm up to like level 8 in seasons and I rarely ever sprint nor have i seen anyone effective who tries that approach... I think the first touches are very realistic.

the game is a lot different than last years more arcade style where you could just run with sprint and cross and put a ball on a guys foot and it'd just stop. to me that's a plus. it forces you to play more controlled and look for guys making runs.

I think the game is really good, but its certainly much different than last years... or maybe I just haven't played against the guys mike is talking about

Mike's right. The more I've played it, the more it's getting worse. Online is already becoming nothing but Real Madrid, Real Madrid, Real Madrid. I've not even seen Barcelona. It's nothing but "sit back, hit longballs to Bale/Ronaldo and run". Offline isn't much better, defense for the user is horrid. People aren't where they should be.

I dunno....I like how much more realistic passing is at times, but then other times passes that have no business being off target are just horrid.
Agreed. The first 3-4 games I was fine with it, after about 15-20 now it's just awful. FUT is even worse. CBs literally do not mark anyone.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

BIGmike wrote:
jsence2 wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:
BIGmike wrote:This game is just blah. Defense is now awful and heading is insanely overpowered. The games online turn into whoever can sprint down the fastest and cross. First touch, even with guys with amazing ball control stats, is atrocious. Hopefully the PS4 version is better.

I'm up to like level 8 in seasons and I rarely ever sprint nor have i seen anyone effective who tries that approach... I think the first touches are very realistic.

the game is a lot different than last years more arcade style where you could just run with sprint and cross and put a ball on a guys foot and it'd just stop. to me that's a plus. it forces you to play more controlled and look for guys making runs.

I think the game is really good, but its certainly much different than last years... or maybe I just haven't played against the guys mike is talking about

Mike's right. The more I've played it, the more it's getting worse. Online is already becoming nothing but Real Madrid, Real Madrid, Real Madrid. I've not even seen Barcelona. It's nothing but "sit back, hit longballs to Bale/Ronaldo and run". Offline isn't much better, defense for the user is horrid. People aren't where they should be.

I dunno....I like how much more realistic passing is at times, but then other times passes that have no business being off target are just horrid.
Agreed. The first 3-4 games I was fine with it, after about 15-20 now it's just awful. FUT is even worse. CBs literally do not mark anyone.

Now the good news.....Club computer players play MUCH smarter and defend MUCH better than in years past.

I played some matches at CAM and ST, and now I'm playing RB. I may actually stay at RB for the club matches. I'm able to help w defense, give support on the wings, and hit crosses. The "drop in" matches had me taking corners and I'm getting a lot of assists off crosses/corners.

If not, then I'll at least have some defensive stuff built up to play in midfield.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Yeah it looks like club will be the saving grace.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

jsence2 wrote:
BIGmike wrote:
jsence2 wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:

Now the good news.....Club computer players play MUCH smarter and defend MUCH better than in years past.

I played some matches at CAM and ST, and now I'm playing RB. I may actually stay at RB for the club matches. I'm able to help w defense, give support on the wings, and hit crosses. The "drop in" matches had me taking corners and I'm getting a lot of assists off crosses/corners.

If not, then I'll at least have some defensive stuff built up to play in midfield.
Get off my corners!

I have my guy setup as a RM (Winger) right now and am loving it.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Double post!

With that said... you can still fly down the sides and punt the ball in with good accuracy. Playing drop in games is a catch 22. If you go 1v1 or 2v2, you have to really play smart off the computer's position, because your opponent is always set to high pressure, pressing. If you get 3 or more in your group, then you have to deal with at least 1 moron every game that is calling for the ball non-stop and causing horrendous turnovers. (or the jackoff that I ran into last night that played CB and just wanted to call for the ball a dribble around and do skill moves).

With game launch tomorrow, I assume most games with be 5v5 or more then.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Triple Post...

Some of the things I've experimented with:

6'3 181 CAM - Playmaker
- Would have been better off if I had more games with a solid distributor on the wings. I always seemed to run into the midget ST on my team that couldn't feed a pass for a 1 timer or get a ball up in the air as I filled in for a header. Animations took a bit too long and consistently got tackled. On the positive side, frequently knocked the defender on his ass.

6'4 181 M - Box to Box
- Played a holding mid with this setup. Every now and then the lobbed through ball passing animation would take a bit longer than I liked and would get blocked. Otherwise, a very strong setup. The game seems to make up for the speed to height differential by lengthening the stride, giving ridiculous range to the tackle zone (including allowing me to slide tackle across half of the pitch, lol) and the area that the player can cover in general is huge. It makes it really tough for a pacey midget to fly by or even pass by, as the tall guy just knocks it away. Dominates the air.

5'10 181 M - Box to Box
- It's a noticeable difference from the big guy to this height. This seems to be the sweet spot of where FIFA would like players to be built. With that said, I seemed to do everything well, but nothing great. Consistent I would suppose.

5'8 181 RM - Winger
- Fast, can pull of skills very well, great for intercepting passes and keeping pressure down the sideline. Goes flying 5 yards anytime someone breathes on him.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

I just play as myself.

6'1 180lb and a cowboy hat. i'm set up as a CAM but i'll move around as the club needs me.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Do some research on a 6'10", 225lb striker. Thanks.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

DRiccio21 wrote:I just play as myself.

6'1 180lb and a cowboy hat. i'm set up as a CAM but i'll move around as the club needs me.

We played a few drop ins together on Saturday... on the first goal I see "Cowboy Dave" pop up... hilarious.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

yeah I thought we had some nice rhythm going at times. we had some nice runs and give-go's that just missed
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I was screwing around a bit too much in those games. The setup I'm using now would have given you at least 5 better looks. This will probably be my preferred setup for club games (RM - Winger).
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Dragon is going to return to anchor the defense as usual.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Uuaww wrote:Dragon is going to return to anchor the defense as usual.
I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT !!!

DRAGOOOOOOON!
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

I set my guy as a CDM. I have played acouple 1v1 and 2v2 games. Trying to call for the ball alot in order to increase my passing and all that CDM stuff.

Would love to play as the CDM in the club. I have him set to box - box so I can help bring up the back on attacks.

Once we start playing as a group I promise to keep my finger off the X button and not call for horrible passes unless I am sure.

Can't wait to long pass the shit out of this game lol
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Reign, if you're playing RM then I think I'll def stay at RB. You and I seem to have good chem in past years, and we can do some overlapping runs and defensively lock down that right side.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Sounds like a good setup. I may need to flip from "Winger" to another setup on the right if we're going to overlap and I may need to fall back and hold while you're forward. The winger setup rips a lot of the tackle and defensive stuff out of the build. Either way, it should still be solid. We'll be aiming for the stetson hat!
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Dragon's defense...God help us.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Just downloaded FIFA 14 on the Note 3 to get a little FIFA fix and its very impressive.

Easy controls, great graphics,and no lag at all.

Not much of a phone game person but good time killer and the Note 3 screen is worthy to give some a shot.

Free in the play store.

Return to “Soccer”