State of the League

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
Downing11
Reactions:

State of the League

Post by Downing11 »

We will be halfway through Season 1 tonight and I think things are going pretty well. We have double digit participants and hopefully we won't show signs of slowing down. What do you guys like/dislike so far? What changes would you like made for Season 2 assuming we continue going. I have no intentions of slowing down and will continue to make the tournaments even if only 1 other person decides to play. I just wanted to get an idea of what everything thinks so far.

One idea I had was to maybe extend the current 2 round tournaments to 3 rounds. I'd keep the first 2 rounds the same as they are now and add a 3rd round opening at midnight on Thursday and end at midnight on Sunday. Basically add one more round but give you 3 days to play instead of just 2. Just an idea.

Thoughts? Comments?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: State of the League

Post by shel311 »

I assume it's ok to join up at any time?

I'll be downloading the game today.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

shel311 wrote:I assume it's ok to join up at any time?

I'll be downloading the game today.
Yep, just paypal me the Country Club initiation fee and first year dues and you are in, haha. Yeah, the more the merrier, let me know if you have trouble getting into the CC as others did. I can just jump online and send you an invite to it if you have problems.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I think we need to do something for the scoring of the tournies.

Top guys get a handicap or something until the lower guys get built up?

Not as much fun going into a tourney knowing I won't shoot - 40 :lol:

Still loving the tournies and such but just an idea as Iknow a lot of guys iimported guys and jumped out ahead

No biggie if not. Throwing stuff out there
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Cnasty wrote:I think we need to do something for the scoring of the tournies.

Top guys get a handicap or something until the lower guys get built up?
Not a bad idea. I know it would be hard to keep up with but assigning a handicap would help keep interest up. It'd be easier handicapping the top golfers rather than trying to keep up with everyone else's handicaps.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

I kind of like the two-round tourneys, it allows some of the guys who are normally in the middle/back of the pack to string together a couple great rounds to compete/possibly win. Shorter tourney gives more variation, opposed to three rounds where you start to see the same 3-4 names at the top (not necessarily a bad thing, but if Im one who usually struggles Id rather play the shorter tournaments
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:
Still loving the tournies and such but just an idea as Iknow a lot of guys iimported guys and jumped out ahead
I put my time in, son!

That being said I wouldnt mind seeing some sort of handicap system, no idea how to go about it though. Maybe find the league avg rating for guys, then adjust handicaps based on deviations from the average?

Rough thought: 1 stroke for every 10 overall points in the rating (might be a little extreme)

Example: Average player rating right now is 55.
Player X is 65, so he gives up 1 stroke per 18.
Player Y is 45, so he gets 2 strokes per 18

If player X shoots -3 and player Y shoots E, they essentially tie with the handicap.

Not sure what the exact numbers should be, but a thought
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I hate the idea of putting something like that in place but I'm thinking long term of making the tournies more interesting. We would need guys to post their golfer ratings(honestly) and average out by that or something.

Its a lot of work though and may not be worth it unless we allow a little lag time between season 1 and 2 for guys to get in the range of the higher rated guys.

They are interesting now but it's like top and bottom

Top guys of:
Buckeye
Downing
Baker
Autiger
Ence
Weasel

Lower guys:
Riccio
Nasty
Oracle
Krg
Jake
Dak

I'm probably missing some guys,sorry. but finishing tournies with the top guys in the -30s and -20s and the lower guys in the single digits and sometimes over par isn't as much of a competitive tourney.

The simple answer for us on the bottom, get better faster :lol:

Like I said, just throwing some chatter out there for possible ideas. If not, we keep on as we are which is also perfectly fine and eventually we catch up.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

The only thing I'd like to change is to be able to play more. I've been crazy busy with all three of my kids' baseball.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

LetsGoPeay wrote:The only thing I'd like to change is to be able to play more. I've been crazy busy with all three of my kids' baseball.
This too

Downing ,make it happen
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:
LetsGoPeay wrote:The only thing I'd like to change is to be able to play more. I've been crazy busy with all three of my kids' baseball.
This too

Downing ,make it happen
Are you advocating Downing to babysit for everyone? :lol:

I'm looking at possibly not even being able to download the game until Tuesday, so that about sums it up for my availability lol.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Let me give these ideas some thought and see what I can come up with. Except for the babysitting thing, I'm all set with the 2 I have already...
BsktbllJk
Reactions:

Post by BsktbllJk »

I wish I was better...

I wish I wouldn't play whole 4 round tourn in 1 night...

Other than that I love the game and league...

Dk y it didnt record but I played masters 4th round...shot -12 (NOT), but seriously I shot +7 dk wat happened
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Cnasty wrote:
This too

Downing ,make it happen
Same here. Being in the field for 2 weeks really takes away from getting my rounds in. I'll be back in the field for another 2 weeks starting the 6th, so another 4 tourney's not played.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Golf”