Wasted's Dynasty - Week 9

Moderators: jsence2, Wasted Memory

Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Re: Wasted's Slow moving Dynasty

Post by Wasted Memory »

The_Niddler wrote:Baylor beats Penn State 34-17.

Nice matchup Wasted! :D
I see I also play Akron this year...ass! :D

I'm all about the love man, all about the love :D
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

I did my recruiting but I didnt have time to play my game. I can play tonight or tomorrow morning before work. Hope thats ok, I just didnt know when you wanted to advance.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I'm advancing on Monday. You have plenty o' time my friend, plenty o' time :)
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Everyone has played, except Crowes who has his set to auto. I'll advance early here shortly.

On a side note, the question has been raised of scoring limits. Not sure what everyone else thinks on this and definitely open to discussion, but my thoughts are just keep it realistic. If you go up big on a team, sub in your 2nd team squads and play. I don't think it's unrealistic to see a team beat a scrub team by a score of 52-3 (not picking on Sudden, he's the one who asked me - just using that team score as the example). But on those same lines, I think a score of say 70-10....wellll, that's a bit of a stretch. I think if you go up by 35 early, it's time for your 2nd team to come in. Any other thoughts, suggestions, idea's?
Last edited by Wasted Memory on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

Wasted Memory wrote:Everyone has played, except Crowes who has his set to auto. I'll advance early here shortly.

Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

I don't know how any of you guys play or anything, but my general rule usually on running up the score is I play my starters till the end of the 3rd and if i'm up by 30 or more I play my 2nd team offense and defense the rest of the game no matter if they score on me or not. Not saying that anyone has to do this, this is just the way I play. Thats my input for the week.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Next Advance: Friday 8/17 (unless everyone finishes earlier)

TOP 25
WSU (crowes) @ #1 Alabama
#18 Houston (xL1Qx) @ #3 LSU
UCF (phreakk) @ #5 Oklahoma
Miami (Wasted) @ #10 Kansas
Tennessee (Thab33t) @ #11 Michigan
Colorado (Whittness) @ #15 Nebraska
New Mexico (Peay) @ #20 Texas
#23 NC State (buckeye) @ UConn
#19 Clemson @ Rutgers (Sudden)

BYES
Baylor (Niddler)

STAT LEADERS
D. Piland - Houston 421 Passing Yards (1st)
K. Brooks - Houston 9 Solo Tackles (1st)
J. Williams - Baylor 3 Interceptions (2nd)
A. Dixon - Baylor 2 Interceptions (T3rd)

Just in case you missed this:
Wasted Memory wrote: On a side note, the question has been raised of scoring limits. Not sure what everyone else thinks on this and definitely open to discussion, but my thoughts are just keep it realistic. If you go up big on a team, sub in your 2nd team squads and play. I don't think it's unrealistic to see a team beat a scrub team by a score of 52-3 (not picking on Sudden, he's the one who asked me - just using that team score as the example). But on those same lines, I think a score of say 70-10....wellll, that's a bit of a stretch. I think if you go up by 35 early, it's time for your 2nd team to come in. Any other thoughts, suggestions, idea's?
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Whittness10 wrote:I don't know how any of you guys play or anything, but my general rule usually on running up the score is I play my starters till the end of the 3rd and if i'm up by 30 or more I play my 2nd team offense and defense the rest of the game no matter if they score on me or not. Not saying that anyone has to do this, this is just the way I play. Thats my input for the week.
When I was playing my game, I got up by like 17 and then while I was running plays it kept giving me a warning about running up the score so I took it easy.
But personally I could care far less how bad you beat the computer.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

Whittness10 wrote:I don't know how any of you guys play or anything, but my general rule usually on running up the score is I play my starters till the end of the 3rd and if i'm up by 30 or more I play my 2nd team offense and defense the rest of the game no matter if they score on me or not. Not saying that anyone has to do this, this is just the way I play. Thats my input for the week.

I like to play my younger guys, so once the game is over per say my backups come in. If they play a quarter or a half that is what happens. Only helps them in long run. But I've seen my 2nd team walk over teams also
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

Fuck the CPU. I have been a victim of EA cheese far too long to not beat them down. IMO, beat the CPU the fuck down. Image

If you have the chops to hog all the stats and awards, then SO BE IT. Step your game up if you can't keep up with the 91-17's
:lol:

User vs User? I like NDL rules. ;)
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

swellvermin wrote:Fuck the CPU. I have been a victim of EA cheese far too long to not beat them down. IMO, beat the CPU the fuck down. Image

If you have the chops to hog all the stats and awards, then SO BE IT. Step your game up if you can't keep up with the 91-17's
:lol:

User vs User? I like NDL rules. ;)
I have also been a victim of trying to run scores up to get an award. What happened next? QB hit with 2 min left in the game and broken collarbone, out for season. Yeah I learned my lesson, I take my starters out if I don't need them. That shit ruined my season.
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

:oops: Didn't know I still had mine on auto... :lol: Thought I had till monday.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I'm going to beat Texas 212-0.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Crowes wrote::oops: Didn't know I still had mine on auto... :lol: Thought I had till monday.

Ah dude. I'm totally sorry then man. I just assumed. I guess I shouldn't have. I will not assume again. :oops:
Crowes
Reactions:

Post by Crowes »

Wasted Memory wrote:
Crowes wrote::oops: Didn't know I still had mine on auto... :lol: Thought I had till monday.

Ah dude. I'm totally sorry then man. I just assumed. I guess I shouldn't have. I will not assume again. :oops:
Nah its cool no big deal. :D
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

LetsGoPeay wrote:I'm going to beat Texas 212-0.

I bet you'll be ranked after that game...
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

I usaually play my starters till the 3rd quarter, no matter the score, then after that I just mass sub one side of the ball or both, depending on the score for the 2nd qt. Just like said, I think it helps with playing time, and the younger guys progression, but that can't be proven..and of course...70-10 against respectful programs seems a bit unrealistic, but 50-3? Not at all, that is legit, like you said.

Awards are poop haha.

And F the SEC, taking on LSU should prove to be a challenge, damn pot smokers.
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

I hope there is no problems with my game vs TULANE ... the same Tulane that is one of the worst teams in the game. I was beating them 37-0 before half time. I then put in my 2nd team offense... then i put in my third by the end of the 3rd. I even was talking to Wasted the whole time. I think this was the exact way someone should close out the game vs a cpu in a blowout. I wasnt throwing but running and I was playing with my backups.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

We aren't playing each other for the most part, and everyone has their own way of playing against the CPU, so whatever you do in your own game should be your own deal right??
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

Whittness10 wrote:We aren't playing each other for the most part, and everyone has their own way of playing against the CPU, so whatever you do in your own game should be your own deal right??
Should be but seems people want to talk about it so hopefully when I beat down poor ole Tulane people dont cry :roll: ;)

Return to “Online Dynasty”