Motion Rule

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Motion Rule

Post by ChampDizzle »

cougnix wrote:
ChampDizzle wrote:
cougnix wrote:With this being discussed a little more what are your thoughts on this?

Opponent highlights a receiver, receiver goes in motion doesn't get set and the ball is snapped. After discussing, the play was an auto-motion play BUT THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE. Your thoughts?
as long as he is a decoy
sometimes gets the ball, sometimes playaction, sometimes not. Who is to say he is a decoy?
yeah your right guess part of the game. ok if used in moderation
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

It wouldn't even be a question if NCAA did like Madden and you DON'T know what receiver is highlighted. And you don't know what defensive player the opponent is using. Hopefully that part of the game is added in NCAA13
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

VeniVediV1ci wrote:
beercop wrote:I had a guy this season motion his wr and snapped the ball while said wide out was still in motion outside the tackle box. He throws the ball to the wide out and runs untouched for a touchdown. Never seen that play in this game. No way my defense had a chance to make a play.
i don't remember motion, but there has to be a glitch with a WR screen pass where as soon as the WR catches it he's already in a full run while the defenders are still trying to figure out what's happening.

It was run against me at least once in each of the seasons and I don't fault the coach for it, but it's some sort of bubble screen where the receiver just runs like a gazelle when he catches it by the defenders for a TD
There is more than one kind of WR screen. There is a screen where the receiver steps back, sets, catches the ball, and turns to go up field. Then there is one where the receiver comes underneath the blocks, and is running toward the QB to make the catch. That one the receiver has a bit more speed when he makes the catch, but I've noticed that he seems to drop that pass a bit more often.

And I don't agree with the comment about screens being pick six plays. You have to read the defense when you come out for the screen. If you don't have enough defenders to block, or the corner is up close in bump and run man coverage, you audible out of the screen into a different play. Plus, I think the people getting the screen picked are waiting too long to make the throw. If you watch most WR screens, the ball is coming out of the quarterbacks hand almost immediately after he receives the snap. There is no drop back or anything.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

u can tell if its manual motion or automatic in the play design

manually the other coach has to press circle then highlight the motion guy (with the circle under him)

auto he just goes
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Whenever I run an automotion play, I ALWAYS switch to the guy going in motion; I do it to disguise that it IS an automotion play because (if you know the playbooks well enough) depending on the formation you can whittle the playcall down to about 2-3 plays and it give the defensive player an advantage, because he can rule out many plays. With him thinking pre-snap that you're making the guy move manually, it takes away that advantage. Now that said, most of the automotion plays are easy to spot once the play is in action, so usually I know if/when it's a designed motion and when it's cheese.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

jsence2 wrote:Whenever I run an automotion play, I ALWAYS switch to the guy going in motion; I do it to disguise that it IS an automotion play because (if you know the playbooks well enough) depending on the formation you can whittle the playcall down to about 2-3 plays and it give the defensive player an advantage, because he can rule out many plays. With him thinking pre-snap that you're making the guy move manually, it takes away that advantage. Now that said, most of the automotion plays are easy to spot once the play is in action, so usually I know if/when it's a designed motion and when it's cheese.

So you're begging for your opponent to think that you're breaking an NDL rule and then dock you on your report? I'll pass.
PSN: ReignOnU
brwnbear
Reactions:

Post by brwnbear »

jsence2 wrote:Whenever I run an automotion play, I ALWAYS switch to the guy going in motion; I do it to disguise that it IS an automotion play because (if you know the playbooks well enough) depending on the formation you can whittle the playcall down to about 2-3 plays and it give the defensive player an advantage, because he can rule out many plays. With him thinking pre-snap that you're making the guy move manually, it takes away that advantage. Now that said, most of the automotion plays are easy to spot once the play is in action, so usually I know if/when it's a designed motion and when it's cheese.
You put way more thought into this game than I do.
IM: brwnbear26
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

ReignOnU wrote:

So you're begging for your opponent to think that you're breaking an NDL rule and then dock you on your report? I'll pass.
LMFAO i love jason. He means so well
razorback44
Reactions:

Post by razorback44 »

ReignOnU wrote:

I did this same thing when I joined and in my very first game the other guy im'd me as soon as I did it and told me we weren't allowed to snap the ball until the motion player was set. I explained to him that I was just highlighting the automotion guy and then he was cool with it but I stopped doing it after that game because I figured I would get nailed for it on my coaching reports.
AIM: lazydayz446
PSN: lazydayz44

jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:

Seeing as there are only like 4 auto-motion plays that I EVER run, and not once does the guy who goes into motion get the ball within 3 seconds of the snap (they're all either decoys or they take a while to get into their route), and I call maybe one of them per game, it's never been an issue. again, if you've played the game long enough, you know the routes (two of them are out of Y-trips, outside WR goes in motion and either does a crossing route, or goes on a deep post while the slot WR goes on a wheel route), you recognize them. I've never once had a complaint about it, so....must not be as big an issue as you think it would be.

ndlquack
Reactions:

Post by ndlquack »

jsence2 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:

Seeing as there are only like 4 auto-motion plays that I EVER run, and not once does the guy who goes into motion get the ball within 3 seconds of the snap (they're all either decoys or they take a while to get into their route), and I call maybe one of them per game, it's never been an issue. again, if you've played the game long enough, you know the routes (two of them are out of Y-trips, outside WR goes in motion and either does a crossing route, or goes on a deep post while the slot WR goes on a wheel route), you recognize them. I've never once had a complaint about it, so....must not be as big an issue as you think it would be.
Wow, no wonder I do not win a lot of games. I don't play long enough to know what routes are in what formations. I just pick random formations and then look through the plays until one looks like it could be fun to run. :D

Obviously I would guess and maybe I will create a poll on how many of us have enough time to know exactly what plays are in what formation before we pick the play. It would be interesting data. I don't have enough time to play this game to get to that point.

Quack 8-)
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I'm with you quack. Not enough time or interest to learn the formations and know what you're doing. Just playing for shits and giggles.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

you guys need to motion yourselves out of this thread. F-
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Well EA's maybe added 15 new plays in 8 years, not very hard :lol:

nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

jsence2 wrote:Well EA's maybe added 15 new plays in 8 years, not very hard :lol:
I wanted too but I couldn't laugh :(

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”